Why must People Try To Make Disney Out To Be Evil?

Pixie Duster

Ok can someone anyone explain to me the point, the most essential, simple point of starting and running a business? If it's not to make money then it's not a business. If the purpose of an organization is anything other than MONEY then it is a not for profit organization, like Girl Scouts.
The problem is not businesses trying to make money. You are a moron if you think a business should not make it's main goal to make money. The problem can be the means at which the use to make money. A lot of company do use terrible means ot make money and Disney is not completely innocent of that. But you cannot clal a company mean just for wanting to make money. Some of us here seem to be saying that, and some of us are getting it.

General Grizz

Of course businesses make money. However, should money overshadow company ethics?

The point is Disney doesn't have to make money this way. There are certainly other ways to do it and stay in tune.

BigNorm

Your question, Why must People Try To Make Disney Out To Be Evil?" is simply answered: Sometimes people fear what they just don't understand.

General Grizz

Just a follow up from an email recently sent out.

Sadly, times have changed. Michael Eisner has lost sight of the vision upon which this Company was founded. The focus has shifted to the chase of the quick buck instead of a dedication to new and high quality ideas, the development of enduring value. - Roy E. Disney

FigmentJedi

Disney's been give a hard time at www.grudge-match.com ever since the Microsoft vs Disney match. Though Disney won, they've been called evil(most likely in the corperate sense) ever since. And most people there believe Walt really is frozen. Nontheless it is a funny page.

General Grizz

Walt frozen? THAT's where the line is drawn! :rolleyes:

Perhaps the nature of the company led them to think it could do anything. Well, in some senses, it can! :lol:

BeachClub

If Walt was frozen...Eisner would be sneaky, sneaky in there trying to unplug him!! He is that EVIL....IMO. Dont worry all, he will go to H E Double Hockey sticks when his time comes.

Why did the Disney's let "outsiders" in anyways?? Why didnt they keep this in the family?? Why couldn't Roy just tell him GET OUT!! I am taking over?! Are there any kids, relatives young enough out there (Disney) willing and able to take over this wonderful legacy Walt left?

butterflyminnie

well fortunately now there is new leadership in the company so maybe things will change and they will be more ethical in their business practaces:shrug:

One thing I don't understand is why people get all bent out of shape about an event that Disney doesn't really sponsor (gay days)? Let's not forget that Disney DOES sponsor Night of Joy, a Christian music concert.

raven

well fortunately now there is new leadership in the company so maybe things will change and they will be more ethical in their business practaces:shrug:

One thing I don't understand is why people get all bent out of shape about an event that Disney doesn't really sponsor (gay days)? Let's not forget that Disney DOES sponsor Night of Joy, a Christian music concert.

Exactly. All Disney is doing is not discriminating against anyone. People try to make it sound as if they are pro-gay.

fizzle75

One could argue that there is no such thing as good and that there is no such thing as evil. Perception, opinion, choice...thats what is comes down to in my opinion.

Fact is fact...as Rob mentioned some things that are said are true...kind of sad if you asked me....Walt must be rolling over in his grave...then again, maybe we shouldn't take things soooo seriously...

Perception, opinion, choice....:animwink:
:zipit: must...:zipit: keep...:zipit: mouth...:zipit: shut...:hammer:

CoffeeJedi

lets send mean mail to the people any got money to sue them bad:mad:
Is that even English?

old_thread.jpg

Krozar

The site is a waste of time.

example:
Thomas Guy Cleveland, a 19-year-old Northridge, CA, resident, climbed the 16-foot fence surrounding Disneyland on one of their "Grad Nights" and foolishly ended up on the Monorail track. Yep, a train was coming. He either ignored, or couldn't hear a guard shouting at him and was stuck and killed. You would think on Grad Night there would be security people all over the place because after all, wouldn't this kind of thing be a bit more likely to go on?

I guess that police should set up manned perimeters around all railroad tracks, cliff edges, and streets (cars there ya know).

Monorail 1
Idiot 0

Pooh88

I don't know. My father-in-law was quick to point out the "Fox News" story when Tigger was being accused of hitting a kid and even sent me an article from a Florida paper. However, I never heard from him (or Fox News) when Tigger was aquitted. Some people (like my Father-in-law) have no magic in their lives and have trouble with make-believe. They are so matter-of-fact that they spoil it for the rest of us who want to believe in the magic. These people are so empty they must find the problems in all things to show that nothing is a perfect Fantasy World rather than enjoy what IS. :)

kubfish

I would of never viewed that site had someone not brought up a post from 3 years ago.

However with that all said... That is all true but take it with a grain o salt. How many people pass through Disney parks everyday? Injuries will happen and will always happen with that amount of people.

I think Disney does an excellent job with safety/security, bad apples do get hired, some people do get in an unfortunate position and get hurt.

Would rather go to Dis then any other park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom