Why is

The Timekeeper

Original Poster
why is Blizzard beach closed for refurbishment what could they do what are they doing?

Disney's Blizzard Beach: Closed for Refurbishment [November 19, 2006 to November 30, 2006]

disneydaft

why is Blizzard beach closed for refurbishment what could they do what are they doing?

Disney's Blizzard Beach: Closed for Refurbishment [November 19, 2006 to November 30, 2006]

It closes every year for a few months, as does Typhoon Lagoon. (At a different time).

They are simply refurbing things and doing a bit of painting, cleaning etc.

scottnj1966

Every year they close it for a couple months, same with typhhon lagoon, and when river country was open they closed also. They always did them at different times so one park would be open.

It is all maintenance stuff. Painting, replacing broken items, changing signage, sprinklers, etc etc.

slappy magoo

I'd guess BB will reopen before Xmas, & TP will close sometime between January & late Feb for 6 to 8 weeks, to be finished before Spring Break/Easter.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
WELL i read somewhere else that Typhoon lagoon was closed to but the disney site dosen't say anything.
Well... you read something incorrect :)

Albeit with only 80-100 people venturing into Pneumonia Lagoon at the current temperature, maybe they should close it for the season.

Philo

I'm pretty sure that BB re-opens on the 7th January. Typhoon Lagoon closes on the 7th for about 6 weeks I think.

I'm getting to DW mid afternoon on the 6th so im hoping I can quickly run to TL and enjoy it for a few hours. Im pretty sure I could put up with it in its run down state :animwink:

1disneydood

Well... you read something incorrect :)

Albeit with only 80-100 people venturing into Pneumonia Lagoon at the current temperature, maybe they should close it for the season.

I bet it's kept open for people visiting from much colder climates. Like those northerers with their wacky snow and ice. For people coming from single digit temps, Florida cold is like a vacation in the Bahamas. :animwink:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I bet it's kept open for people visiting from much colder climates. Like those northerers with their wacky snow and ice. For people coming from single digit temps, Florida cold is like a vacation in the Bahamas. :animwink:

Darn skippy! I went to BB and TL in November/December/January (when it was warm enough) when I was on the CP

JPVonDrake

The current refurbishment schedule for the two Disney water parks is as follows:

Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park: Closed October 29, 2006 - January 6, 2007

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: Closed January 7, 2007 - March 17, 2007

Due to expected lower attendance levels during the winter months, each of the two water parks is closed during this time for an annual 10 week refurbishment. This allows each park to get the tender loving care of fresh paint and other general maintenance without disrupting the more popular spring / summer / fall months.

Each year the two parks will alternate which one will close for Nov/Dec Season and which one will remain open and be decorated for the holidays. Guest may enjoy the holiday treatment at Typhoon Lagoon this year, and come back next winter to see Blizzard Beach all decked out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom