Why is WDW so busy end of Sept.

fers31

Original Poster
I booked another vacation yesterday for the last week of September. I figured it would be dead as most kids are back in school. The All-Star Sports was the only Value resort available. The others were completely filled!!! Is this a busy week or something? Is there a convention or sports thing that is causing the hotels to be full? I appreciate your help. This is also my first time starting a thread. I hope this goes into the correct section.

Leighbert

I had the same experience. My guess is that the values are all booked up because of the great discounts that are being offered right now.

Maybe I'll see you because we'll be in WDW at the same time. I'll be the one in the Mickey Mouse t-shirt...:p

Welcome to the boards.

fers31

Original Poster
Leighbert said:
I had the same experience. My guess is that the values are all booked up because of the great discounts that are being offered right now.
That's what I was afraid of. It's a slow time of year so they offer promotions. Now it's no longer a "slow time of year." :cry: For the record, I'll be down there 9/26-10/1.

Nemo14

fers31 said:
Leighbert said:
That's what I was afraid of. It's a slow time of year so they offer promotions. Now it's no longer a "slow time of year." :cry: For the record, I'll be down there 9/26-10/1.
I'll be there on 9/30 - I'll be the one with the big ears!

fers31

Original Poster
I was planning on going later on, but the promotional codes expired and for some reason, the airfare I was looking jumps up $80/person starting on 10/2. Made my decision easy to come back on 10/1.

New2WDW

The Free Dining Plan and Room only codes as well as other codes end on 9/30. So people are filling up that calendar time to take advantage of this and most people (me included) have started vacation on 9/30 to get the code prices extended for their October stay!

We will be at All Star Movies! Like someone said before....this is no longer the super slow time. But I still can not wait! And MNSSHP is kicking off even earlier this year - I believe around Sept. 15th.

I will be the one wearing the same clothes as the last three vacations!:lol: because all my money is going towards the vacations!

Ringo8n24

animay said:
Bleh. I'm going the same time. Really hope it's not packed.

We have been in September several times, beginning and end. The crowds are great even with a promo discount going on. Even when there are things like Food and Wine Festival and MNSSHP, it is still much better than other times of the year to go. The crowds are very moderate. MNSSHP gets busier the closer it gets to Oct 31st. We liked the small crowds at MNSSHP when it started, so we changed and said "cool" let's do it closer to October 31st. Not again. The crowds at MK that time got crazy and crowded on 10/30. I will stick to anytime in September.

tink81

Ringo8n24 said:
We have been in September several times, beginning and end. The crowds are great even with a promo discount going on. Even when there are things like Food and Wine Festival and MNSSHP, it is still much better than other times of the year to go. The crowds are very moderate. MNSSHP gets busier the closer it gets to Oct 31st. We liked the small crowds at MNSSHP when it started, so we changed and said "cool" let's do it closer to October 31st. Not again. The crowds at MK that time got crazy and crowded on 10/30. I will stick to anytime in September.

This is a huge relief! We are going 9/24 to 10/2...we usually go in January but I just hate walking around WDW in a frickin coat and gloves! This will be our first time going in Sept and although we are still within the value season, there are a lot of things going on down there while we'll be there. Food and Wine Festival, and MNSSHP will defiantely increase the amount of locals at the park. Oh well, nothing could be worse than going during June and July like when I was little. Never again!

fers31

Original Poster
I think the Food and Wine Festival starts on 9/29. So the end of you stay you can catch that. I hope it's not too crowded. I too normally go down in January. This is my first trip there in September. I also did Thanksgiving once....never again!!

If I recall reading somewhere....isn't there also some sort of marathon or running event during that period of time.....call me nutz but I thought I read it somewhere....
But hey I will be down there 9/19-10/03.....and I still think that the crowds are tolerable..

popsicletrees

I am going 9/27-10/1. I have been going in January but the family has decided to take advantage of the dining plan, and DM and I have always wanted to go to MNSSHP. I'm not too worried about the crowds. I'm still holding out on hope that most parents won't take their children out of school so early in the year.

fers31

Original Poster
Summerland24 said:
If I recall reading somewhere....isn't there also some sort of marathon or running event during that period of time.....call me nutz but I thought I read it somewhere....
But hey I will be down there 9/19-10/03.....and I still think that the crowds are tolerable..

I know there's a half marathon there later in the year.

Ringo8n24

I, too, know what you mean. My parents always brought me in July. Now that I am an adult and pay my own way, I will never choose to go in July again. It is rough with the heat and crowds. We love September so much at WDW that I want to bring my parents so they can see the difference in crowds that they are used to. They will be floored.

msthunder

we are going for the first time ever from 9/1 to 9/7.... I have read that it is not as busy that time of year. I hope its not overly crowded,, but I am so excited about the trip that I am to a point that I dont care about crowds,, I just want to get there.

slappy magoo

I have absolutely no way of knowing, but I wouldn't be surprised if that spike in attendance is based on class trips or other large-group outings, which would disproportionately affect the value resorts. I'd be interested to find out if the Mods, Home-Away-From-Home & Deluxe resorts are equally crowded. Not interested enough to, you know, go through any trouble to find out, but if those resorts aren't busy, I'd surmise all signs point to "large group bookings in Value resorts."

tinkish

A class trip in September? Lucky kids. Usually, schools wait until the end of the year to send kids on class trips like these.

Jerm

The F&W causes HUGE crowds at EPCOT for that weekend that it opens. It is a great event but that has always been a busy time for that park. I go often around this time and it has been more busy over the past few years, but still not that bad.

Tips for you:

1. Don't go to EPCOT that weekend and expect to get around WS very fast.

2. Don't go to MK on the days of MNSSHP after 2 or 3. Families relax and head over to the park to get ready for the rest of the night.

3. Don't expect walk on for anything... we all remember those days of being able to walk on to Space, those days are behind us.

4. Follow the tips that people always say, eat before or after the "lunch" rush. Don't do parks if it is EMH in the morning unless you are there for the EMH. Take a mid-day break if you can and just take you time.

5. HAVE FUN!!!! You are at one of the greatest places on earth, even having to wait in line should be fun.

J

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom