Why is the Captain EO movie screen dogeared?

Timekeeper

Original Poster

See upper left corner of screen below:

4883238590_6d4510bcb7.jpg

I recall this being incorporated into HISTA, but was it like this before HISTA (in the original Captain EO presentation)? If not, why leave it that way for the Captain EO Tribute?

Why did Disney use a five sided irregular polygon rather than the traditional rectangular movie screen?

:shrug:

Cosmic Commando

See upper left corner of screen below:

4883238590_6d4510bcb7.jpg

I recall this being incorporated into HISTA, but was it like this before HISTA (in the original Captain EO presentation)? If not, why leave it that way for the Captain EO Tribute?

Why did Disney use a five sided irregular polygon rather than the traditional rectangular movie screen?

:shrug:

...because it costs more? :shrug:

Alektronic

Because makes it easy when it goes back to HISTA.

BenS

My question is why was that changed for HISTA? I haven't seen it since 08 but I can't recall it being significant...nor can I imagine why it would be.

RonAnnArbor

IT had something to do with the decorations in there, nothing to do with the movie itself.

Incidentally, HISTA isn't coming back. Whatever the NEXT incarnation of movie that will move in there might or might not retain that corner cutout, depending on what they do with the theming. I'm guessing it's going to stay that way, and they'll just put a plaster design over the corner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom