why is Magical Express is not on the Magical Band?

Rob562

The reason for this topic being listed here is because I did not know the magical express was link on magical band. I problem I was having with is that I was not using magical express Going TO MCO (going to Universal first) then Disney. I then using the magical express to go back home. I wonder if I need to pay the 25 dollar luggage fee bag on my smartphone app to get my broading pass or put it on a credit card while at Disney, since all the flight info is on my magical band.

I'm not 100% understanding you... Are you checking out of a Disney hotel and then checking into a Universal hotel? Or are you just stopping at Universal on check-out day on your way to the airport?

You can only use Resort Airline Check-In at Disney resorts for flights *that day*. So they won't be able to help you with anything if you're staying at another hotel before flying out of Orlando. You'll have to bring your bags to the airport and check in there.

You also can't check bags more than 12 hours before your flight. So if you're leaving your Disney hotel early in the morning and your flight isn't until very late that evening, you might find yourself with a problem due to the 12-hour rule.

-Rob

dvitali

Original Poster
Going to universal first from mco for two nights then over to disney pop for 4 nights. Then taking the magical express back to mco. Have 7 pm flight to connecticut so i need to board the disney bus by 4 pm. Since check out is 11 am will check bags early and then spend another 4 or 5 hours at hollywood studio for the star wars weekend.

Tom

Beta Return
Going to universal first from mco for two nights then over to disney pop for 4 nights. Then taking the magical express back to mco. Have 7 pm flight to connecticut so i need to board the disney bus by 4 pm. Since check out is 11 am will check bags early and then spend another 4 or 5 hours at hollywood studio for the star wars weekend.

Ok, this makes more sense now. Here's what you'll do (assuming your airline participates in Disney's Resort Airline Checkin):

1) You will receive a letter on your door the night before you check-out. It will tell you what time your Magical Express bus will pick you up, and will serve as your voucher to get on the bus. Don't lose the letter.

2) Check out of your room by 11am

3) Take your checked luggage to the Resort Airline Check-In Desk at Pop before 1pm

4) They will check you in for your flight, take your checked bags, and print your boarding pass. I BELIEVE they will also be able to process your checked bag fees, but they will definitely need your actual credit card to do this.

5) If you're going to the parks, give your carry-ons to Bell Services and they will stow them until you come back to the resort.

6) Come back to the resort at least 20 minutes prior to your scheduled Magical Express pick-up time, which will be approximately 3 hours before your flight time.

7) Get your carry-on items from Bell Services and go wait for the Magical Express bus, with your letter handy.

8) Your checked bags will be waiting at your home airport (if everything goes well).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom