Why is cpt hook a character but pan is a person?

imagineersrock

I've got a related question...
Does anyone know of a character that has been portrayed as both a "face" character and a "mask" character?
A few come to mind... The fairy godmother from Cinderella has been both. And the 3 fairies from sleeping beauty are currently both actually. In the DL parade, the fairies are face characters... but here they are not.

A few come to mind... The fairy godmother from Cinderella has been both. And the 3 fairies from sleeping beauty are currently both actually. In the DL parade, the fairies are face characters... but here they are not.

So you know what happens when you assume......well I just did that. I didn't read what you had quoted and just assumed that you were responding to Jimbo's post about the boy vs girl issue. I was sitting here picturing my grandfather in the fairy godmother costume....not a good look for him!!! I guess I will have to start reading more carefully :lol:

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Actually Captain hook was portayed as a face character when Disneyland first opened up. So, yes Cpt hook has been a face/costume

PKD

Actually Captain hook was portayed as a face character when Disneyland first opened up. So, yes Cpt hook has been a face/costume

Capt Hook for DL's Fantasmic is face as well. I also think Mr. Smee is a face charactor too.

Frollo from Hunchback was face in the stage show at MGM.

I think the fur vs face reasoning is because they pay more for face, and they need a "look" for face. With fur, all you need to have is the right height, so that opens the door for more CM's to play a part. (think of scheduling in parades and meet & Greets)

LilDucky

Capt Hook for DL's Fantasmic is face as well. I also think Mr. Smee is a face charactor too.

Frollo from Hunchback was face in the stage show at MGM.

I think the fur vs face reasoning is because they pay more for face, and they need a "look" for face. With fur, all you need to have is the right height, so that opens the door for more CM's to play a part. (think of scheduling in parades and meet & Greets)
At Disneyland, the three fairies are face, but on Spectro at the MK, they're masked.

Kinda interesting :)

imagineersrock

hehe. I just quickly scanned the thread, but at least there is another person that can vouch for your statement :lol:
I think I prefer the face version better. Basically that whole parade is awesome. I'm not much of a parade person but I have to admit that one was fantastic, don't you agree?

LilDucky

I think I prefer the face version better. Basically that whole parade is awesome. I'm not much of a parade person but I have to admit that one was fantastic, don't you agree?
I'm not a "day" parade person, but I loved it! Loved seeing the "face" fairies. Very pretty!

FaunaPoD.jpg

MickeyTigg

i think cruella should be a masked character, the cartoon was very exaggerated which no human could pull off except if cherie blair got the job!
(shes the prime ministers wife with the upside down mouth!)

But her character is all about the interaction...so she needs to be a "face" character.

maharet97a

The Cruella character I've always seen in the parks is definitely based on the live action (in coiffure and dress) Cruella as opposed to the animated one. Maybe this is the reason she's a face character as opposed to a head. They don't worry about the animated character's exaggerated features, hair and clothing as the park character is more based on the Glenn Close version.

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but looking at the pictures in the villians photo contest made me think of this thread....and this post in particular....

ok if glen close isnt busy perhaps she could do a stint for disney?
what i was saying was the cruella character i last saw at wdw was about 18..look like boy in drag...should be a older guy in drag perhaps?

Some of the Cruella pictures in the contest do look like young men in drag....is Cruella sometimes portrayed by a man??? It's not something that I have ever noticed in the parks, but the above quote and the pictures have made me curious.

Plutoboy

To kind of answer the Peter Pan male/female question....at WDW about 3 years ago Peter Pan was many times played by a girl both in Surprise Celebration and doing meet 'n' greets. Sweet girl and a good friend!!:)

Cruella to my knowledge at WDW has always been played by a woman....again good friend and she has been playing her for several years.

Maleficent in the WDW Fantasmic for a very long time was always performed by a man because the height that Mal is lifted to and the weight of the costume. The first female to take the part was a CP back in 2004. Guess what?? Sweet girl and a good friend as well

TrapaJon18

I think if they incorporated the technology from "Disney Live: Mickeys Magic Show" that would be really nice. Havin the characters mouths move and blink, but the question children might wonder is why they blink and move their mouths during shows, but not when they meet them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom