Why is 7 dwarfs mine train line so long

YozhikRoth

My only criticism about the ride is its length and actual ride cars. If the ride was even like 30 seconds longer, it would easily have re-ride value. I was at WDW weeks after the ride opened and had 4 FPs for it. After the first ride, I cancelled the other 3. Also, for it being a new state of the art ride, why on Earth make the cars so cramp? I'm 6'1 260lbs with a 38 waist and I was uncomfortable by how small the ride car was.
The cave part with the characters I admit though is Extremely cool
The ride was punishing on my thighs, after 2 minutes I was in thigh spasms. It's like the ride was designed to be ridden by no one older than 15....

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Original title answer....

Because a whole BUNCH of people want to ride on it :). Thankfully, my wife (and her stomach) choose to avoid rides that create an argument :).

Thebolt

It is a glorified Barnstormer.

That is not true at all. Barnstormer is an awful coaster that only pre-schoolers would get anything from. 7DMT is more like Big ThunderMountain Jr., with additional character scenes in the middle, and fun for all ages.

Its really replaced Dumbo as the centrally placed attraction that generates more demand than it arguably deserves. It's a great ride if you Fastpass it or get a short queue for standby.

Tom Morrow

Line is so long because kids get too distracted by the dumb little interactive features.
This does not affect the wait time in any way whatsoever. At most, if someone is stopping to play with the features, it prevents you from moving a few feet ahead for a moment but you still wait the exact same amount of time.
Don't want to break it to you but the original idea was MK is for children.
False. It is child-friendly but for everyone... like Pixar's movies.

Last edited:

Schneewittchen

Cuz it's awesomesauce even if it's not as beautiful as Snow White's Scary Adventures.

It is too short, but on the other hand, when I'm on BTMRR I can't wait for it to be over. Yay Fastpass!

Why do people wait 2 hours to go on Space Mountain? Or Splash Mountain? Peter Pan? Because they are great rides too.

jensenrick

That is not true at all. Barnstormer is an awful coaster that only pre-schoolers would get anything from. 7DMT is more like Big ThunderMountain Jr., with additional character scenes in the middle, and fun for all ages.

Its really replaced Dumbo as the centrally placed attraction that generates more demand than it arguably deserves. It's a great ride if you Fastpass it or get a short queue for standby.

Not to mention, despite how "short" 7DMT is, it's still over TWICE as long as Barnstormer.

As for why it has long lines- because it's a New (and IMHO great!) ride that everyone wants to do.

I rode it 3 times one day, (FP, then 45 min, then 20) and I wish I could have ridden it again. It has GREAT scenery, nice hills, a wonderful ride system that doesn't shove me around like some, and I really love how different the experience is from daytime to nighttime. Also I can't help signing along when we go thru the Mine- that part is awesome.

Wdw62114

????? What are you 500 pounds? The coaster is the smoothest one I have ever been on and when the cart swings you don't get forced to the outside. There is almost no outward force pushing you into the side of the cart or other passenger when you go around a turn.

Don't know what this person is talking about?????

????? Are you sure you went on this ride? This ride is known for having smaller cars for pooh sized guests. Look at forums on any Disney site and there are numerous threads about this. The ride barely swings in the turns that it's hardly noticeable btw. I'm sure what this poster was meaning is if someone is bottom heavy and have bigger legs, there isnt much room once the lap bar comes down because it only has about 14" of room between the side bars and it squishes bigger peoples thighs more into an already tight spot. As stated in my previous post, i'm 6'1 and 260 and I was uncomfortable because my legs and thighs are muscular.
You dont have to be 500lbs!!!

Dont know what this person is talking about????

Wdw62114

I'm 6 ft 200 lbs and I did not find the ride tight at all. I have problems with shoulder room on many rides but the 7DMT has no room problem and yes I did notice the small swing. Usually I have to watch out not to crush the person next to me on coasters in tight turns, this one does not push you to the outside of the cart. I have been on 7DMT more then once BTW. It's 10 times more comfortable then SM, do you ride SM and if so how do you rate that coaster?

I find SM way more comfortable now since they refurbed the car seats. Being tall is a lil challenge when getting out as im sure you would agree. The old seats on SM were just awful. I totally agree with you and feel your pain with worrying about crushing person next to me. BTM is the hardest for me with that.

Wdw62114

BTM is a good crusher. LOL.

How do you get your legs in the the nose cone of the SM carts? Those are the ones that I really don't like, I just don't fit well in the nose cone. Awkward position to be jerked around in.

Now since I thought about it, I havent sat in the front of the car ever. My wife always sat in the front because she is only 5'6. I can only imagine I would have the same exact problem as you though. Ouch! lol

BritishHoosier

I thought the ride was very good. I rode it a couple of days ago for the first time. It was very smooth but I noticed something interesting when I was watching the ride go around from FantasyLand. All I could think of was how quiet it was. I couldn't even hear that it was there were it not for the people screaming on the ride. Usually, like on BTMRR you here a whoosh of the ride or you hear the sound of the wheels on the track, but with 7DMT, there was nothing like that. If the mine trains went around empty, I swear you wouldn't hear it :p

Absimilliard

The reason the line is so long is two folds:

- When they originally staffed the ride, they went with the cast members with the nicest smile and best customer service scores. Amazingly, no cast members from Everest and little to none from Big Thunder Mountain were on the opening crew. The end result is that you have cast members with no roller coaster experience and they can't dispatch trains faster than what the local Six Flags does on a ride with individual lap bars and seatbelts to check. My dad (whose favorite ride is BTM) even commented on that when he rode it last fall and he made a comment where you had a lot of people standing around and "looking busy"... but the trains were just not being sent.

- The sheer number of guests requiring assistance and needing to transfer slow the capacity down even further.

Design wise, Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain require fast crews for one reason: the ride will break down if you don't send the trains out fast when running at full capacity. Everest, Rock n Roller Coaster and Seven Dwarves Mine Train is a newer design and it is not an issue there. They can stop a train on the brakes or the lift and just reset it. I can tell you that if you took the Seven Dwarves crew and switched them with the BTM one in the same park, BTM would be closed all day or run 3 trains on two stations for half the current capacity!

The most efficient ride crews at Disney parks in the US and Paris were historically at Space Mountain (DL), California Screamin', BTM at all parks and Space Mountain: de la Terre a la Lune at DLP. For Space Mountain at DLP, you were looking at an insane 36 seconds dispatch interval when running 5 trains. What does it mean? Every 36 seconds, a 24 passenger train was dispatched from one of the station for a real life capacity of 2350-2375 depending on empty seats.

Ride length does not mean anything in the grand circle of capacity. If I have a 3300 feet long ride (Space Mountain DLP) and 6000 feet long ride (California Screamin'), guess which one has the most capacity? Answer is both, as they can both push 2400 guests an hour through when running 5 trains in Paris and 6 trains in California.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom