Why I Will Definitely Go Again

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Original Poster
Saw this post in another thread, and thought it sounded like a good idea to let those who aren't bothered by the current WDW climate(s) to sound off.
People who are OK with the changes and/or aren't bothered or even like the changes aren't making new threads called "Why I Will Definitely Go Again". Just like anything else in America these days, the tiny percentage who take issue with something find their voices amplified when they post about it on the internet. Everyone likes to dogpile! Even doggies!

dogs dogpile GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos's Funniest Home Videos

kalel8145

This is great. My first thought is the Disney bubble. We have spent time in Destin, FL, up in The Smokey Mountains, Wisconsin Dells, and nothing is like the Disney bubble. Could just be a psychological thing for me, but when I am there with my family, the rest of the world just does not exist. I get lost just like when I was a kid. Even arriving at the airport and starting the journey, just gets me jazzed for what is to come.

The atmosphere of Magic Kingdom, fantasy, I like Tomorrow Land how it has the feel of what tomorrow was going to bring through the eyes of Walt Disney.

Then there are the classic attractions. Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Pirates, Space Ship Earth, Living with the Land, Tower of Terror...takes me back to going with my mom and grandparents.

Seeing the new rides, with the latest characters, Marvel, Star Wars, Toy Story characters my son liked as he was growing up.

I enjoy the festivals of Epcot, strolling through World Showcase taking in the cultures, the food, the drinks, the occasional adult beverage.

While Animal Kingdom is not my favorite park, the wife loves animals so seeing her walk through the gorilla trail, and on the safari makes me happy.

The themed restaurants, Be Our Guest, Sci-Fi Drive in, can't wait to try Space 220. Atmospheres you can't get anywhere else.

Finally when the trip is over, and we look back at the pictures and say oh remember that, or the rain storm at Epcot was crazy, and start planning the next trip.

JIMINYCR

Let me chime in. I’m excited about doing Guardians for the first time. We missed Space 220 dining last trip. I want the do FoP, RotR again. We’d like to book the Animal trek which we lost out on because Covid cancelled it on us . We will be having DS and possibly his daughter, our grand daughter going with us for her first time trip. Trader Sams is on our list to visit which hadn’t fit in last time. And a few other want to do things.
And I can’t wait to feel that first gaze up Main Street feeling sighting of the Castle.
So besides the new things there’s all the other Disney things we love and look forward to doing.
Savings are building and gift cards being collected. Still too early for the countdown to begin.
Watching the tides of crowds, the policies that may change and the total Disney atmosphere to determine when and how but theres no question we will be back.
Hopefully this discussion stays just positive and doesn’t get hijacked by the negative ones who can’t stand those guests who enjoy Dis and want to turn it to anti policy or anti Chapek posts.

James J

In the Parks
No
For those of us who travel from across the other side of the Atlantic, we always have a decent wait between trips so it feels more special when we're in the World. We last went in October 2019 for our Honeymoon, and our cancelled 2020 trip is finally happening this weekend.

This time next week we'll be at MK. I cannot wait to walk up Main Street, and also to be back there with my parents who haven't been since 2002. I was 10 on that trip, so I can't wait to show them how we do Disney as adults and everything that they've missed out on.

kalel8145

I was worried when people were complaining a lot about the 50th and how the park had changed since the pandemic. When we went in October 2021, it ended up being one of the best trips we've taken to Disney. Lots of new stuff that we enjoyed and of course all the classics are still there.
I can't wait to experience the 50th. Little over a month to go.

eliza61nyc

Let me chime in. I’m excited about doing Guardians for the first time. We missed Space 220 dining last trip. I want the do FoP, RotR again. We’d like to book the Animal trek which we lost out on because Covid cancelled it on us . We will be having DS and possibly his daughter, our grand daughter going with us for her first time trip. Trader Sams is on our list to visit which hadn’t fit in last time. And a few other want to do things.

Hopefully this discussion stays just positive and doesn’t get hijacked by the negative ones who can’t stand those guests who enjoy Dis and want to turn it to anti policy or anti Chapek posts.
Good luck with that. 😉

We love WDW. So first I don't measure anything by what happened in 1977. I'd never get off my block if I did.

I still love the attractions and next year we'll have tron, ratooie and guardians look forward to.

It's always been clean whenever I've gone and checking into the beach club still makes us ridiculously happy.

Yes food is expensive but I just got back yesterday from Vegas (see my post in the dining section) bottle of soda? 4.29. Pina colada? 20.05. Dinner on the strip?? ~70 pp person. Lol I think being a NY'er has desensitized me

I get up at 6 am normally so getting up by 7 is not a chore for me. Having to use your cellphone? This complaint baffles me because seems to me that guest at wdw just as in real are already in their cells 24/7.

I haven't done genie yet so can't weigh in on that, my friends have given mixed reviews. My friend with 3 small children loves it. Said she'd pay any amount of money NOT to stand in line with 3 little ones.

Lastly, I'm not that deep, don't care about Chapek or Disney politics and I never felt Disney was supposed to be my "friend " and couldn't care less what Walt would do.

Last edited:

Nottamus

We keep going two times a year-

Last three trips:
June 2021- it was hot and wife got heat sickness

November 2021- had a few good days, then wife got a multi day migraine

April 22- I strained a foot muscle the first day, limiting my walking rest of the week

And let me tell you, I can’t wait for October and the next trip! Nothing like it !

StarWarsGirl

We keep going two times a year-

Last three trips:
June 2021- it was hot and wife got heat sickness

November 2021- had a few good days, then wife got a multi day migraine

April 22- I strained a foot muscle the first day, limiting my walking rest of the week

And let me tell you, I can’t wait for October and the next trip! Nothing like it !
I had a broken finger and torn PCL on my trip back in February. PCL is still in recovery, but I am very much looking forward to a trip where I am not the walking wounded.

Vegas Disney Fan

I think a lot of what they've offered up recently is mediocre (especially the 50th) but I'll be heading down again sometime this year. It's like a drug for me, no matter how far away I live (3 states now), I can never get enough :cool:

We fall into this category also, I could list a dozen recent changes we don’t like, but that still leaves about 100,000 things we do like.

We may go less as a result of some of the changes but I can’t imagine us ever going less than a couple times a year.

Goofyernmost

This is great. My first thought is the Disney bubble. We have spent time in Destin, FL, up in The Smokey Mountains, Wisconsin Dells, and nothing is like the Disney bubble. Could just be a psychological thing for me, but when I am there with my family, the rest of the world just does not exist. I get lost just like when I was a kid. Even arriving at the airport and starting the journey, just gets me jazzed for what is to come.

The atmosphere of Magic Kingdom, fantasy, I like Tomorrow Land how it has the feel of what tomorrow was going to bring through the eyes of Walt Disney.

Then there are the classic attractions. Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Pirates, Space Ship Earth, Living with the Land, Tower of Terror...takes me back to going with my mom and grandparents.

Seeing the new rides, with the latest characters, Marvel, Star Wars, Toy Story characters my son liked as he was growing up.

I enjoy the festivals of Epcot, strolling through World Showcase taking in the cultures, the food, the drinks, the occasional adult beverage.

While Animal Kingdom is not my favorite park, the wife loves animals so seeing her walk through the gorilla trail, and on the safari makes me happy.

The themed restaurants, Be Our Guest, Sci-Fi Drive in, can't wait to try Space 220. Atmospheres you can't get anywhere else.

Finally when the trip is over, and we look back at the pictures and say oh remember that, or the rain storm at Epcot was crazy, and start planning the next trip.
That's the part that puzzles me. Whenever I visited WDW over the past 40 years I was also in the Bubble, but the bubble was in My head. My bubble started when I closed the door to my house at the beginning of the trip. I didn't matter if I drove there from Vermont or caught a plane to Orlando. I never needed to spend hundreds of dollars extra to stay in that bubble. That is were most of the concern comes from. It's not because we didn't find WDW to be an escape from reality, of course we did, but the upset now is that the exposure to that park bubble is hampered by the values of the outside world that have intruded into it. If we cannot find that without paying more and more and more for less of an experience, because of that, we have mostly just become disenchanted.

I never felt that the bubble was there because I spent sometimes thousands more for a hotel room and meals. It was from the parks themselves. The attractions that were offered not the cost of seeing a plastic prop outside our window just before we went to sleep. I would drive for two days in excited anticipation of what was there. The outside worlds problems stopped the minute I was on my way. All of it was an adventure, not just the one when I was physically there. The time with the family in route, the hotels, airports, states and even the restaurants along the way. All were part of the fun. The length of the line at the park didn't matter because all of us were in the same line, a line we could be part of because we wanted to be there at that time, not had to be there because we were told by our phone when we should get in it or on top of that have paid extra for a reasonable time in line. That reasonable time was before there became a separation of enjoyment based on what one was willing to pay extra to do. We all had the same experience. An experience that made WDW the massively successful destination that it became.

Over recent years, my choices have been taken away, my ability to comfortably be able to afford that experience, an experience that once was covered by purchasing a single admission to the park ticket was taken away. The ease of a fun vacation with no stress, the working my butt off to plan a trip that previously was just a simple decision to do whatever we felt like at the time. All of the new WDW has become as big a hassle to me as working a job except at the end of the week I got the total opposite of a paycheck.

To paraphrase something that Walt said about the blessing of size, the blessing has become a curse of size. For many of us that were fortunate enough to experience the real Disney Park experience it is like a loss of a friend. It remains nothing more than an expensive, exhausting attempt to relive what was once a really magical memory. Both the real world and the magical world that I once couldn't stop anticipating all year, every year, has become something that I never thought was possible. It has become something that I no longer want to be part of. I continue on these boards because through the years I have made cyber friends (and perhaps even a few enemies) and I had such focus on Disney that it is hard to just break away completely from that part of my life that was within MY Disney bubble.

My reaction to those events is that I no longer am willing to spend my hard earned money in a place that has made it perfectly clear that they no longer want me there. My wallet is no longer thick enough to be a desired Guest.

vikescaper

I’ve been thinking about this for a while and I think the main reason why I will continue to go to WDW is because I still have fun there. We stayed a couple days recently (May 5 and 6) and we were barely in the parks those days. We spent the majority of the time resort hopping and at Disney Springs. It was a good time and pretty relaxing. I don’t really agree with all of the price increases and have said that I may drop down a tier for my annual pass the next time I renew but I will continue to go.

Sbk1234

The simplest answer is because it makes me happy. I just returned a few weeks ago and I can honestly say for me, it still felt like a Walt Disney World vacation. The feelings were all there. The cast members I interacted with were (mostly) all wonderful and went the extra mile. Expensive? Oh, sure! And there were things I wasn't too crazy about, but the same can be said about every Disney trip I've ever taken, since 1988.

eliza61nyc

That's the part that puzzles me. Whenever I visited WDW over the past 40 years I was also in the Bubble, but the bubble was in My head. My bubble started when I closed the door to my house at the beginning of the trip. I didn't matter if I drove there from Vermont or caught a plane to Orlando. I never needed to spend hundreds of dollars extra to stay in that bubble. That is were most of the concern comes from. It's not because we didn't find WDW to be an escape from reality, of course we did, but the upset now is that the exposure to that park bubble is hampered by the values of the outside world that have intruded into it. If we cannot find that without paying more and more and more for less of an experience, because of that, we have mostly just become disenchanted.

I never felt that the bubble was there because I spent sometimes thousands more for a hotel room and meals. It was from the parks themselves. The attractions that were offered not the cost of seeing a plastic prop outside our window just before we went to sleep. I would drive for two days in excited anticipation of what was there. The outside worlds problems stopped the minute I was on my way. All of it was an adventure, not just the one when I was physically there. The time with the family in route, the hotels, airports, states and even the restaurants along the way. All were part of the fun. The length of the line at the park didn't matter because all of us were in the same line, a line we could be part of because we wanted to be there at that time, not had to be there because we were told by our phone when we should get in it or on top of that have paid extra for a reasonable time in line. That reasonable time was before there became a separation of enjoyment based on what one was willing to pay extra to do. We all had the same experience. An experience that made WDW the massively successful destination that it became.

Over recent years, my choices have been taken away, my ability to comfortably be able to afford that experience, an experience that once was covered by purchasing a single admission to the park ticket was taken away. The ease of a fun vacation with no stress, the working my butt off to plan a trip that previously was just a simple decision to do whatever we felt like at the time. All of the new WDW has become as big a hassle to me as working a job except at the end of the week I got the total opposite of a paycheck.

To paraphrase something that Walt said about the blessing of size, the blessing has become a curse of size. For many of us that were fortunate enough to experience the real Disney Park experience it is like a loss of a friend. It remains nothing more than an expensive, exhausting attempt to relive what was once a really magical memory. Both the real world and the magical world that I once couldn't stop anticipating all year, every year, has become something that I never thought was possible. It has become something that I no longer want to be part of. I continue on these boards because through the years I have made cyber friends (and perhaps even a few enemies) and I had such focus on Disney that it is hard to just break away completely from that part of my life that was within MY Disney bubble.

My reaction to those events is that I no longer am willing to spend my hard earned money in a place that has made it perfectly clear that they no longer want me there. My wallet is no longer thick enough to be a desired Guest.
I think you're post brings up one very important point, everyone values different things and different experiences. you can have two families look at the same situation totally different.

For me the hotel and meals absolutely make up the "magical bubble", one of our most cherished memories is waking up at the beach club and listening to the sounds of the boats or My husband and I having our first cup of coffee while watching the animals on the savannah (at akl) before the minions got up, that is worth every single dollar I've paid. walking back to our resort at park close through international gateway, the concrete has sparkly lights in them that twinkle and the music that you can hear from the boardwalk. a perfect ending to our days. Yes for my family, that soothes our souls and we'll pay the price to have it. I love watching young families come through the lobby after a long day and the young one's are bouncing off the walls, lol poor mom and dad look lke they've been beat down. I just smile and feel at peace.

Now for me planning prevents stress. lol, can't tell you how many times we've had the discussion that goes like this...
me: "what do you guys what for dinner"
hubby and kids "I don't know, what do you want?"
me: "I don't care pick something"
kids: "pizza"
me: "not pizza again"
hubby: "I don't care"
round and round and round we go. yeah, some times it's a pain to try and guess what we will want 6 months out but once we are there, it's awesome not to have to rehearse the "what do you want for dinner" monologue.

Now I will admit, I'm not a "winger" no matter where I go. so no matter if it's wdw, the beach, europe or simply going back to NYC I am a planner. so I'm not feeling this "stress" everyone talks about. I do dislike the park reservation system and I'm hoping it will go away before our next big trip in 2023 but I definitely don't feel any "stress" from making them.
I actually think with so much information available on line, it makes some things easier. yes it does take some preplanning but nothing so onerous.

I do totally agree the nickel and diming is getting out of hand.

Jrb1979

This is what I have said over and over in hundreds of threads. For any one person or family who will not go back for whatever reason, there are many, many new and return guests.

No matter what the politicians, lawyers, Twitter, or the stock market says, TWDC and it’s theme parks are invincible…
I agree. Many reasons for that. One being families with littles will almost always choose Disney over other parks cause there is more for them to do.

I am starting to understand the magic part. It's the same for when I go to Cedar Point. Hearing the screams of coaster riders gets my adrenaline going and once I'm in the park I forget about the outside world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom