Why I may not go again

Vegas Disney Fan

Park reservations is the biggest killer for me. I like being able to just pop up at the park for a few hours.

This is the biggest motivator for us to let our passes go when they’re up for renewal.

We live out of state and can only go weekends, we’ve already missed March because we couldn’t get reservations, we will likely miss May because we haven’t been able to snag a Saturday reservation (we have Fri, Sun, and Mon but no Saturday), and June weekends are all gone already so it looks like we’ll miss June also.

If you have a lot of flexibility a key is probably still worth it but if you need to plan ahead (like us) it’s a total waste of money. We used to average a weekend every month with our APs, we’ll be lucky to get 6 trips this year with our keys.

Looks like we’ll do a annual DL trip or 2 with normal tickets, a WDW trip or 2 with normal tickets, and maybe a cruise and the other 7-9 months we’ll be traveling the world. (Which honestly isn’t a bad thing, Disney used to be our vacation spot but they’re forcing us to be more adventurous because of reservations.)

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I really hope they ditch the park reservation nonsense soon.
It's crazy.

It's a total PUT OFF.

The parks are not getting any larger so there has to be a method of capping attendance. Let's hope that Universal Epic Universe eases the global attendance pressure (and hope that Elon doesn't stop their cheeky tweets) in Florida. I've given up on Cali to innovate just due to its culture...they'll never build a Tokyo DisneySea there.

NelleBelle

The parks are not getting any larger so there has to be a method of capping attendance. Let's hope that Universal Epic Universe eases the global attendance pressure (and hope that Elon doesn't stop their cheeky tweets) in Florida. I've given up on Cali to innovate just due to its culture...they'll never build a Tokyo DisneySea there.
where would they build DisneySea there?

graphite1326

Original Poster
This seems unnecessary.

If someone is here, they probably love Disney World. They are bummed and upset and even a little angry that the place they love is changing in a way that doesn’t appeal to them. And you come in and make fun. I don’t understand.
Free speach allows people to be a jerk if they want to.

Disney4Lyfe

Are they really capping attendance? The parks are very very busy.

Diamond Dot

I've spent this morning sorting out my photos and the videos I took of things like the characters on the Main Street Transportation and bits and bobs I liked, no shows or parades because I know i'll never watch my own rubbish recording of them. And it reminded me a lot about my trip and got me thinking about what I really did not like about things. The reservations were a pain in the posterior, but, not enough to have me thinking 'never again' to a future trip, the crowds weren't as bad as I was expecting, but, the lines were because people would race into the parks to get in line first thing, looking back I got on FoP, 7D and even ROTR a lot quicker than i expected by doing them later on in the day, I did The Rat first thing because of it's location to IG. I wasn't happy about the food court at Pop not opening until 7am, but, I just had a light breakfast before hitting the parks, although to be honest, the menus at most of the resorts were very samey.
To be honest, the only thing I look back and dread still being in place when I go back in November is the room checks, not having an undisturbed rest in the afternoon was the one truly negative thing about my trip. I'm going to ask them to do a room check in the mornings when I check in in November, surely they can agree to do that for me.

FutureCEO

Does Disney know that you hate them? While I'm sure they know things are not great or think they are great....we should be really complaining to them.

tanc

I'm happy for my August 2020 trip. The crowds were so low it was amazing. I could not imagine though paying twice what I paid in 2020 for an inferior experience, still dealing with park reservations and among other things. Park reservations destroy the point of an annual pass.

skyphotographer

My last trip to Disney was in 2019. I have no current plans to return. I would like to see Epcot once completed, but things need to change at WDW before I will consider going back. I will go to Orlando next year but will be staying at non-Disney resorts and visiting non-Disney parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom