Why I Love Disney World (what's your reason)

wil303

Original Poster
I don't post on here much but I as I read many of the posts I often wonder what makes DisneyWorld so appealing to everyone. For me personally, DisneyWorld is that trip that I take every year that rejuvenates me and kind of puts things back in order. I work in a high stress job (Automotive Industry) that can drive you absolutely nuts if you let it. Every year my family (usually me, myself, and daugther) go to DisneyWorld at New Year's and spend 7-8 days there. Even though New Year's Eve is usually the busy day of the year, I COULD CARE LESS! We have the best time while we are there and it truly hurts a little when I have to leave and come home. My little girl is 3 yrs old (4 in August) and this next trip (Dec. 28th thru Jan 4th) will be her 5th trip. There is nothing better in this world than standing in the middle of Main Street at Magic Kingdom with her on my shoulders watching Wishes over the castle:) . I will remember the things that we have done at DisneyWorld and always keep those memories close to my heart. For me, going to DisneyWorld kind of puts me back to where I know what things are important. My message to everyone going to any of the Disney parks is to relax and slow down. If you miss something, BIG DEAL! It will be there next time or enjoy whatever replaces it. Enjoy the time that you are there and enjoy friends and family that are there with you. Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth. Post up and tell what makes Disney the place to be for you.

JWG

Total escape from reality...

I love getting on property and staying there and just being part of the experience. Care free, worry free fun for however long you're there.

For me, its like escaping the real world for just a short bit of time and enjoying a few precious moments of nothing but pure fun with family without the interruptions of reality.

Loved it since I was little and was reunited with it in my high school/college years and now hope to share that with my daughter.

radiohost

The Wand.......

ok seriously,

It brings back so many memories of me as a lil 12 year old, and that lil 12 year old comes back to me every time i visit!!!

Radiohost:cool:

Ella's Mommy

For me its an mixture of family and going to a place that makes you forget all your stress, anxiety, etc.. and make you feel right at home. Disney is a place for me and my family to laugh, be together, and just have plain old FUN. It feels like HOME:sohappy:

Nicole220

Total escape from reality...

I love getting on property and staying there and just being part of the experience. Care free, worry free fun for however long you're there.

For me, its like escaping the real world for just a short bit of time and enjoying a few precious moments of nothing but pure fun with family without the interruptions of reality.

Loved it since I was little and was reunited with it in my high school/college years and now hope to share that with my daughter.
Took the words right out of my mouth! I love to get away from reality and not have to stress or worry about life for a few hours.

durangojim

Wonderful family memories when I was a child, and now I'm creating new wonderful family memories as a husband and father. (and it doesn't hurt that I proposed and my wife became pregnant while we were there (two seperate trips though:lol: ))

benji

For me I grew up in Disney World. So it always fells like home. No matter how many times I visit, it always fells like the first. It's just a total escape from the real world.

DiPSU224

I love Disney World because no other place in the world makes me feel the way it does. I'm emotionally attached to the sights, sounds and smells of the parks. I remember numerous trips with my family growing up, a trip with my best friends and now with my husband. When I'm there nothing else matters.

cindel

Never been to Disney World, but

Since we are in CA, we've been to Disney Land every single year since our daughter was 3, and she's almost 8 now.

Recently, she starts telling us about Disney World. I know for sure it's from the TV commercial. Then my wife jumps to her bandwagon after her coworkers came back from DW recently :veryconfu

I guess I can't win. They're too powerful. I'll follow this forum to see if it's worth it to make the trip ;)

(I love) Cindel!

PineapplePrincess

It's really hard to put it in words, but I'll try. Whenever we arrive it feels like we're at our second home. It's so familiar, and yet exciting at the same time. Just anticipating what each new trip will bring when you first arrive. It's comforting to know that no matter what the trip brings, it will another warm memory shared of great times with family.

Sleeping*Beauty

It's that feeling that you get when you start seeing the disney billboards. Then the road signs. And then you go through those gates. And you just feel like crying because you belive that all your wishes and dreams can come true.

It that feeling like your five years old and everything is so big and new. And just magical.

kybred72

I love Disney World because no other place in the world makes me feel the way it does. I'm emotionally attached to the sights, sounds and smells of the parks. I remember numerous trips with my family growing up, a trip with my best friends and now with my husband. When I'm there nothing else matters.

I agree with this post 110%. It gives me a feeling that I can't quite explain. The anticipation of your next trip, the building excitement when you pass by the Walt Disney World signs, the giddiness you feel walking down Main St and laying eyes on the castle. Putting on a pair of ears (at 34!) and not caring what anybody else in the world thinks! The overwhelming emotion watching Wishes or SpectroMagic. The sadness you feel the day you leave. No other vacation in the world compares to Disney!

I look forward to reading everyone else's responses! This is definitely a feel good post!

Craig & Lisa

When we pass under the welcome sign, all of the problems that are outside, stay outside. They don't come in, and are of no concern while there. I can act like a kid and not worry about it, (I'm 48). Have a blast with my sons who have been coming almost as long as I have. One year the wife and I came without them. Alot of guilt presents were brought back though. But we have been coming since 1997, a total of 15 visits, and still counting, the sons are now 11 and 13, next escape from reality is at the end of June for visit 16, and I can't wait. Every visit is different, I guess that's what makes it so special, the fact that I don't have to worry about anything being the same. :wave: :D

LoriMistress

There are several reasons why I love WDW:

1. I feel like a kid again. I'm making my childhood dreams come true. I've always dreamed of going to WDW as a child (though, I've been to DLR numerous times as a child).

2. I love the experience in the park. You escape from reality when you enter WDW property. Staying at any resort, taking any form of transportation to the parks, seeing the shows, shopping, going on the rides, etc. is extremely themed well. Plus the characters are real.

pluto77

I love everything about the place. I love seeing the excitement on everybody's faces. I love the feeling that I have while I'm there. I can escape most all of my day to day worries. I spent 8 months there on the college program and never got tired of it.

Mikester71

For me its an mixture of family and going to a place that makes you forget all your stress, anxiety, etc.. and make you feel right at home. Disney is a place for me and my family to laugh, be together, and just have plain old FUN. It feels like HOME:sohappy:

Amen to that! Took the words right out of my mouth. Being with family in a nice family atmosphere and not having friends, jobs, phones interrupting you every 5 minutes.:sohappy:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Almost.............

Its just a place to go for almost guaranteed sunshine, where almost all the people are friendly and well behaved. Its almost an ideal World

gotribe07

It's the one place on earth where everything is perfect. Theres no such thing as a "bad day" at WDW. Also, it's just sooooo magical.

Another thing I love is how well everything fits together. When I leave EPCOT or MGM and walk back to the Beach Club it feels like I didn't even leave the park. The resorts themselves are attractions and just walking into your room and realizing you're truly "home" ... its a great feeling.

Also, in WDW all my senses are pleased. The sights are ALWAYS jaw dropping, the sound of all the incredible music that seems to make you want to be there even more, all the "disney smells" that you wish you could just bottle and take home. The feeling of chills running down your spine when Illuminations starts. And the taste of all the simply AMAZING food.. .u know that the 10 days you're there u will not eat any better food than what you have there.

Those are the reasons I simply LOVE WDW and will never go to another summer vacation destination.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom