Why hasn't anyone licensed star trek for a park

Cosmic Commando

They had the star trek experience in vegas before. There isn't a reason that a park could not have a similar attraction, I don't see Paramount dragging their feet when pimping out the trek ip.
Based on the prices for the Trek DVDs, I'd wager that maybe their price is too high for the theme park rights.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I just want to see them bring Star Trek to Hollywood Studios. Why?

Just imagine the flame wars between Star Wars fans and Trekkers in front of the big blue hat! Comedy gold!

flavious27

Based on the prices for the Trek DVDs, I'd wager that maybe their price is too high for the theme park rights.

You mean how it is a c note for any season of trek? If there was anything holding it back, it would be paramount looking to get a larger share of the merch sales. With how potterland has helped with the openings for the last few movies, it would make sense for paramount to have that synergy. I don't see a reason why disney would not want this ip. Also lucas could be fouling things up.

flavious27

I just want to see them bring Star Trek to Hollywood Studios. Why?

Just imagine the flame wars between Star Wars fans and Trekkers in front of the big blue hat! Comedy gold!

I would troll atleast one star wars weekend. I doubt you would have Comic Book Guys screaming at each other because there are fans that like both franchises.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I would troll atleast one star wars weekend. I doubt you would have Comic Book Guys screaming at each other because there are fans that like both franchises.

Including me. But, oh, but what a mental image. I can't help but chuckle. I'd love to see a Trek Convention come into town the same weekend as Celebration VII.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom