Why Genie+ / Lightning Lane "Stacking" Method?

MickeyLuv'r

I’m really excited for GotG. There’s alot of new stuff for us this trip and that is #1! Hopefully the VQ is still in place, and we can manage getting 2 rides. If not we have a few other options without needing ILL or 2hr+ lines.
Rat is also a fun ride in Epcot if you haven't see that one either.

Our trip was a bit of a mixed bag. GoG was great, and G+ worked fairly well, but our Magic+bands were a disaster. (Magicbands+? Magicband+'s? Not quite sure what the proper plural is.)

On top of that..MDE ate two park tickets. As in they disappeared from MDE, the other is now listed as having zero days. The CM was reasonably nice, but now all we have is a number written on a slip of paper. Supposedly if we take those numbers to GS, they will give us one-day tickets, one at a time. It is kind of crazy. If the numbers work, we still have to wait in the GS each day to redeem them.

So that was another major headache. My trust in WDW has been significantly eroded after this visit. We had politely, but specifically talked to a GS CM before entering the park to make sure the old tickets did not get used. It should not have happened. I just happened to notice they were missing, if I had not, I think we'd just be out the $1200+ they are worth.

It is kind of crazy.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No

Our trip was a bit of a mixed bag. GoG was great, and G+ worked fairly well, but our Magic+bands were a disaster. (Magicbands+? Magicband+'s? Not quite sure what the proper plural is.)

On top of that..MDE ate two park tickets. As in they disappeared from MDE, the other is now listed as having zero days. The CM was reasonably nice, but now all we have is a number written on a slip of paper. Supposedly if we take those numbers to GS, they will give us one-day tickets, one at a time. It is kind of crazy. If the numbers work, we still have to wait in the GS each day to redeem them.

So that was another major headache. My trust in WDW has been significantly eroded after this visit. We had politely, but specifically talked to a GS CM before entering the park to make sure the old tickets did not get used. It should not have happened. I just happened to notice they were missing, if I had not, I think we'd just be out the $1200+ they are worth.

It is kind of crazy.
Wow yeah, that is messed up. Especially after going out of your way to make sure no problems. Seems like a common issue with older tickets that they should create a way to keep better track. God forbid somebody cracks these numbers, there’d be no way to prove.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No

It is kind of crazy.
Not sure if you still have those tickets for future use but this is similar to what happened to me... my best advice is to reallocate the ticket to someone else who isnt there while you are there so the mistake cant happen then put them back in the proper names when you get back...

MickeyLuv'r

Not sure if you still have those tickets for future use but this is similar to what happened to me... my best advice is to reallocate the ticket to someone else who isnt there while you are there so the mistake cant happen then put them back in the proper names when you get back...
Unfortunately, it was not an option for the 6-day ticket. An unused ticket can be renamed, a partially used ticket can't be renamed.

At this point though, it very much is not an option, because the ticket no longer has days on it.

I did talk to someone last week, and supposedly- the information is 'in the WDW system." Supposedly, it is also possible to have the days reinstated if I call and talk to the right person instead of standing in line once we are at WDW. I'm skeptical, but we'll see.

karan1981

Would be using Genie + first time for our trip(travelling with our 7 yr old) during the first week of Dec. I have understood the process of using genie plus. I still wanted some inputs on whether using stacking with booking rides for afternoon or booking rides in the morning is better and which booking times will help us cover more rides with genie+.
Also we are not living in disney resorts, can we still target to rope drop mine dwarf and any idea on how long would be the wait times.
Thanks.

nickys

Premium Member
Would be using Genie + first time for our trip(travelling with our 7 yr old) during the first week of Dec. I have understood the process of using genie plus. I still wanted some inputs on whether using stacking with booking rides for afternoon or booking rides in the morning is better and which booking times will help us cover more rides with genie+.
Also we are not living in disney resorts, can we still target to rope drop mine dwarf and any idea on how long would be the wait times.
Thanks.
It depends on your style of doing the parks, which parks and personal preferences.

If there are rides you really want to do without a wait, like Slinky, Jungke Cruise, Peter Pan, Remy etc then you might want to get those at 7am and lock in a time. All can get to 4pm return times quickly.

If you are hopping to DHS stacking can work well.

Have you watched any of Becky’s teaching videos on Touring Plans? They may help you. You can search on YouTube or go to the TP blog and find them there.

karan1981

We would be doing Magic Kingdom only, timings on our day of visit are 9am-11pm. No, we are not hopping and would be doing one park only. Thanks, I will look into Becky's videos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom