Why don't they just close the whole park while there at it?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

gljvd

Why would the whole park close ?

1) You have a huge area for Lucas land right next to star tours. You have the eatery and Indiana jones plus echo lake and the commissary lane. They can close that down while still having access to star tours and muppets.

2) Back lot - Its about as big as Star Tours and Indy combined maybe bigger. Drop Cars land or Pixar park whatever there.

3) You also have a ton of area East of Hollywood boulevard if you just remove the Stage show for Beauty and the Beast (or whatever is there now) leading towards Fantasmic .

So The Studios has a ton of room for improvements without being closed.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Actually Disney closed the whole place, fixed what need to be fixed, added what was to be added and actually sunk the money into the park that it needed it would be a win for me.

I thought this about the Poly. Should have just closed it and finished it quicker. Not like a shortage of Deluxe rooms on property.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I'm almost willing to believe that Hollywood Studios is going to be in the same direction River Country went because they are closing these attractions not to mention Hollywood Studios never had much anyway. If you think about it, it probably doesn't make much money, just a bunch of park hoppers. Hopefully they have some kind of plan.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm almost willing to believe that Hollywood Studios is going to be in the same direction River Country went because they are closing these attractions not to mention Hollywood Studios never had much anyway. If you think about it, it probably doesn't make much money, just a bunch of park hoppers. Hopefully they have some kind of plan.
Good thing you used "almost"....

Mawg

So how many people do you think will visit this park who don't have the park hopper once everything closes and construction begins? I wonder how many do now since it is not exactly a full day park? How much do you think attendance is going to drop once construction starts?

fractal

I didn't read every page, but I have to say this just to make myself feel better.

I'm glad they are closing Backlot Tour. It's a shadow of what it used to be and I've read many opinions here stating the same. If they were not going to plus it then better off putting it out of it's misery; people are not rushing to BLT at rope drop.

I have to believe they will replace it with something bigger and better - Carsland? StarWars? Pixar? I don't know but I'm looking forward to finding out.

jazzinator

I am a repeat visitor and it is one of my faves. Yes, the park can benefit from some updating and turnover in existing rides/exhibits. My kids love the Star Wars and Indiana Jones elements. We spent 2 days here last trip and are set to spend 2 days here on on our next trip.

Some may not like HS - fine. I don't love AK and plan to skip it until Avatar land is built.

Can we agree to disagree on favorite parks, skip the sarcastic fake news posts and move on?

tinkerblonde11

I'm very confused by this thread and can't tell what's sarcastic or not... is it true you guys are hearing DHS is closing? Is that a real thing?

gljvd

I am a repeat visitor and it is one of my faves. Yes, the park can benefit from some updating and turnover in existing rides/exhibits. My kids love the Star Wars and Indiana Jones elements. We spent 2 days here last trip and are set to spend 2 days here on on our next trip.

Some may not like HS - fine. I don't love AK and plan to skip it until Avatar land is built.

Can we agree to disagree on favorite parks, skip the sarcastic fake news posts and move on?

Yea , I actually like the fact that I can relax at the Studios its not a race to get everything in like at MK . As it is we spend 2 days at the kingdom and still feel like we are rushing to get stuff done.

Hollywood Studios we rush in the morning for my nephew to do jedi training and then the rest of the day is relaxing and if you have kids Disney Junior age then that little section can take a good 3-4 hours to finish leaving you with half a day for the rest of the park !

I do feel it needs 3 or 4 more rides. But if they take down Indy and put two rides there and remove back lot and put 2 rides there the park would be fine.

Cubfan300

I was actually there labor day weekend aswell, and the wait times were ridiculously short, not many attractions are going to survive through next year in my opinion.
I was there twice last week, traditionally a slow time, and the park was PACKED!!! 50 minute waits for GMR. 60 + for RNRC, TSM and TOT. 25 minutes for Star Tours.

Spencerrr

I was there twice last week, traditionally a slow time, and the park was PACKED!!! 50 minute waits for GMR. 60 + for RNRC, TSM and TOT. 25 minutes for Star Tours.

I typically always go the week or so before halloween and its also considered a slow time in the parks and those times are pretty standard.

Tom

Beta Return
This was the best 10 minutes of my week. Hands down. I read all 7 pages and almost spit out my water.

@Tom, will you check the Hub and see if they're also going to be shutting down the World Showcase. It seems like there's brimstone and fire around there as well.

It's confirmed.....all of WDW is closing. I just checked with someone, and I am scheduled for NO shifts ANYWHERE on property, AT ALL. Tis a sad day. :(

Mawg

I have such a love hate relationship with this park. HS has some of my favorite rides and a great nighttime show. The problem is I'm bored with the filler stuff to do in between my favorites and the lines at my favorites are way too long. And some of the restaurants specially the QS need help. If they add a very nice Star Wars land, a Indian Jones ride, and Cars/Pixar land as well as fix some of the theming issues this park could become close to if not my favorite park. It would probably take only a billion dollars! As it is now, I can't spend more than 5 hours here before I'm ready to go. I go in the morning to ride a few of my favorite rides before the lines get long and then hop or I go in the evening for fantasmic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom