Why don’t we have something like “Great Moments with Walt Disney”?

Cmdr_Crimson

How about this? The first station at CoP is nothing more than a stage/curtain and an announcement. Why not have an AA of Walt giving the pre-show announcement. Maybe a little more elaborate. If you are old enough to remember the TV show, he was very good at this.
Thing is they have A pre show of this already....It's just no one turns their heads up and looks at the tv monitors before entering the first theater...Incase no one knew it existed..Here is the preshow..

graphite1326

Thing is they have A pre show of this already....It's just no one turns their heads up and looks at the tv monitors before entering the first theater...Incase no one knew it existed..Here is the preshow..

I don't remember ever seeing this video. We usually just walk on.

Although I was at the Worlds Fair and saw CoP as a kid.

The Empress Lilly

Why look at Walt when you can look at the products of his mind instead. WDW *is* great moments with Walt.

Does one go to Rome to see a Michelangelo statue or to see the Sistine Chapel?

Cmdr_Crimson

I don't remember ever seeing this video. We usually just walk on.

Although I was at the Worlds Fair and saw CoP as a kid.
This is why no one looked up...Hence the montiors..
Carousel-of-Progress_Full_32462.jpg;width=700;height=468;mode=crop;quality=60;encoder=freeimage;progressive=true

Minnesota disney fan

Walt has been gone for over fifty years and although I appreciate a new Walt statue coming to Epcot, why don’t we have an animatronic show similar to great moments with Mr. Lincoln for our beloved Walt?
The newest capabilities for face animatronics being developed at Garner Holt are astounding, so it could be done in a way to be respectful and to really bring to life the man who has brought millions of us our happy place...

I think that is an excellent idea, way past it's time to do! Wish the powers that be were only listening!

Victor Kelly

Want a great Walt AA? Get Universal to build it.

As I recall, the Disney family is extremely protective of Walt's likeness being used. You just cannot go and use it, they have to give permission for his likeness to be used. The Partners statue was a major ordeal if I recall correctly. Probably the same with Roy and Minnie Mouse statue in town square.

AndyS2992

As I recall, the Disney family is extremely protective of Walt's likeness being used. You just cannot go and use it, they have to give permission for his likeness to be used. The Partners statue was a major ordeal if I recall correctly. Probably the same with Roy and Minnie Mouse statue in town square.
All his immediate family have mostly passed on so I guess it would a little easier these days. They had no problem wheeling 'him' out in the Disney Share a Dream/Dreams Come True/Celebrate parade between 2001 and 2014 lol
fetch

KentB3

All his immediate family have mostly passed on so I guess it would a little easier these days. They had no problem wheeling 'him' out in the Disney Share a Dream/Dreams Come True/Celebrate parade between 2001 and 2014 lol
fetch

I have heard and read a number of times that this really is not a likeness of Walt Disney, just a Disney artist that resembles him. Also, I remember reading (can't remember where) that Walt did not wish to be turned into a park character or an Audio-Animatronic.

Cmdr_Crimson

If that was the case they would be all up in arms in regards to his wax figure likeness at Madame Tussauds down the road at the Orlando eye...There isn't even any news about on the D23 site let alone Disney parks blog about it...
From Theme Park University
DSCN4685.jpg

phillip9698

That just doesn't sit well with me for some reason. Seems creepy to have a robot version of the man in the park bearing his name. I certainly wouldn't want the lasting image of me in my park to be of a janky animatronic. And don't kid yourself, it would eventually become janky.

Victor Kelly

If that was the case they would be all up in arms in regards to his wax figure likeness at Madame Tussauds down the road at the Orlando eye...There isn't even any news about on the D23 site let alone Disney parks blog about it...
From Theme Park University
DSCN4685.jpg
Are we sure they did it without permission? I doubt it. It is an ok recreation. Does it look better in person.

spock8113

This idea does have merit, but at the same time it may appear like cashing in some more like building 7K plus seating at the Field of Dreams.

Walt Disney1955

I'll raise my hand........................I always make sure I catch at least the tail end of it when he is with the Sherman Brothers.

A Walt animatronic attraction is a good idea although they still do have "One Man's Dream" do they not? If they are making a Mickey Mouse attraction right now it means they are at least recognizing their past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom