Why doesn't the Norway pavilion light up during Illuminations ??????

vintageepcot

Original Poster
Because instead of a lighting package they decided to waste the money on a Viking ship that would eventually have to be torn down due to structural issues and rot. :hammer:

I heard that ship was once in a movie dont really know any more details or which movie. I dont see any reason for them taking it out.

vintageepcot

Original Poster
It IS the reason.:lol: And yeah, Ilumi25 only had the spotlights...nice, but left something to be desired. Same thing on the NYE Tag.

Thats the only part where they fall short and could use lights but they pull it off. Now if we see lights put up on norway we will have an idea on what the next illuminations will be like.

Phonedave

I heard that ship was once in a movie dont really know any more details or which movie. I dont see any reason for them taking it out.

The ship was falling apart, thats why it was taken out.

First it was closed off as a play area (it was not much of a play area to begin with)

Then when it started to get really bad, as in you could jab your fingers into the side of it, it was removed.

-dave

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`m back :D

As mentioned elsewhere, Norway was still being built when GE gave funding for the lighting upgrade in 1988 for IllumiNations. They never got round to funding them to be added later. Someone tell Sylvania!

EPCOT Explorer

I`m back :D

As mentioned elsewhere, Norway was still being built when GE gave funding for the lighting upgrade in 1988 for IllumiNations. They never got round to funding them to be added later. Someone tell Sylvania!
Kewl.

Can you tell them? :lol: Seriously...Email your TR to them. they could learn from you! :D

WB BTW. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom