Why does Disney hate foreigners?

Obi

Foreigner 4... Great album.. Jukebox hero! How can you go wrong with a band that had Mick Ralphs in it? Dude is great! Played with Bad Company and Mott the Hoople.

jonesenon4

All of your issues have to do with shipping something. It's expensive tp ship out of the US. Yes, USPS is cheaper, but I've had several occasions something had been tampered with, massively delayed, or just plain lost. Plus you have no tracking information.

The only one I can partially agree on is shipping merchandise home, it should be the actual cost.

I've never seen a shipping promotion for the US.
you are wrong my friend usps does offer tracking.it is free on priority mail and it is a flat rate shipping which is alot less expensive than most.you can also get signature confirmation at a minimal charge.this service is a 2 to 3 day service in most cases and the usps has a 97% success rate for on time delivery.and yes i am a usps employee and its still the best product for the price.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
you are wrong my friend usps does offer tracking.it is free on priority mail and it is a flat rate shipping which is alot less expensive than most.you can also get signature confirmation at a minimal charge.this service is a 2 to 3 day service in most cases and the usps has a 97% success rate for on time delivery.and yes i am a usps employee and its still the best product for the price.
USPS tracking stops at the border.

Since this thread is about getting stuff to foreigners, that is salient.

C&D

Didn't bother reading 8 pages, but to chime in on the original thread name, my opinion is that they (Disney) doesn't hate foreigners (besides their money spends just the same).

BigTxEars

I don't usually go to concerts, as I don't feel like spending money to stand with a bunch of potentially smelly and definitely noisy people listening to songs I can easily listen to at home without being in a crowd of smelly noisy people. If you're paying, though, sure. :D

LOL. I have not gone in a while. Well I did take my daughter to see Lindsey Sterling last year at the House of Blues in Houston.

Girl has talent :geek:

Before that I think it has been since the early 90s since I have been to a concert, Great White in San Diego. AWESOME show BTW.

I did see Aerosmith in San Diego as well, 1991 or so I think.

SagamoreBeach

:eek:

Oh, you poor, deprived American...

The world's most perfect food and you know nothing of it? Canada needs to annex your country and immediately revamp and improve your food services vindustry and education system! :cautious:

;)

Poutine:

Poutine.JPG
When I was in high school, in the not too distant past, I had a job working in a the kitchen of a Chinese restaurant called the China Royal in Fall River, Ma. We were expected to eat the traditional Chinese foods prepared for the Chinese staff...not the foods prepared for the paying customers. It wouldn't be so bad, but the foods offered....let's just say I couldn't bring myself to eat any of it. So the only thing I could eat was fries and gravy. So every Friday, Saturday, & Sunday night my dinner...usally around midnight, consisted of fries and brown gravy and looked alot like that picture. Thanks for the walk down memory lane. (Dementia can't be all THAT bad.)

DManRightHere

For domestic yes. I have never found that for international.

thomas998

OK, "hate" may be a strong word, but it drives me crazy that they do things so differently "domestically" than they do "out of country". For example:

• Shipping charges for any purchases from the Disney Store to within the US are fairly reasonable and often offered for free as a promotion. The same purchase being shipped to Canada or overseas they regularly charge more than half the value of goods purchased, sometimes actually more than doubling the cost when you factor in brokerage fees and duty and never offer promotions.
I've lived abroad and had items from the US shipped to me in various countries and the one thing that I quickly learned is that you cannot depend on the postal service to get things on time. Most everything arrived in most every country I lived in (only places things never showed up was Brazil) but mail/packages would often get delayed in transit by weeks or months. So sending something to someone that is time sensitive requires a courier service like FedEx... and even using those services you cannot depend on them arriving when needed. For important documents we used to have administrative assistants that would simply fly to whatever country we needed them to go to drop the the documents and fly back. I can completely understand why Disney doesn't want to ship stuff to a foreign country, in most cases you can blame your own countries for the problems.
  • Certain items in the Disney Store simply can't be purchased if you don't live in the US.
Now this one I'm a bit confused on. I don't think I can recall them ever requesting a proof of residence to purchase anything in a Disney Store... in fact unless you are buying guns I don't think there are any laws that would even come into play and the last time I check I couldn't buy a Mickey Mouse pistol at a Disney Store. So I would really like to know what items you are talking about.
  • Annual Passholders in the US get the Mickey Monitor, free swag [the AP WDW car magnet], and lots of emailed info. Live outside the US? Nothing.
See explanation for shipping to answer most of this one... the email is likely simply a marketing decision because the odds of an annual passholder in a foreign country deciding to stop by for the special at the park next weekend is probably pretty close to zero.
  • Magic Bands and the Mickey Head USB stick are routinely shipped to US resident Resort Guests. Foreigners have to pick their MBs up on arrival and don' get the USB stick at all. Even the AP Magic Bands aren't being shipped [for my stay in August, I'm expecting two sets of Magic Bands for both myself and my son, our resort stay set and our AP set].
  • I would probably ask for my Mickey Head USB stick when I arrived, I don't see any reason you couldn't and shouldn't get that if you want it.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Now this one I'm a bit confused on. I don't think I can recall them ever requesting a proof of residence to purchase anything in a Disney Store... in fact unless you are buying guns I don't think there are any laws that would even come into play and the last time I check I couldn't buy a Mickey Mouse pistol at a Disney Store. So I would really like to know what items you are talking about.
A quote from a T-shirt on the Disney store website:

"Express shipping not available for this item. This item cannot be shipped internationally or outside the contiguous United States. It can only be shipped to a physical address, not to a P.O. Box, APO or FPO address. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery."

I got the same when I wanted to order a frame from the D23 boutique for my D23 membership certificate a number of years ago.

thomas998

A quote from a T-shirt on the Disney store website:

"Express shipping not available for this item. This item cannot be shipped internationally or outside the contiguous United States. It can only be shipped to a physical address, not to a P.O. Box, APO or FPO address. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery."

I got the same when I wanted to order a frame from the D23 boutique for my D23 membership certificate a number of years ago.
Oh I understand now. You aren't actually talking about not being able to buy something in the store you are talking about not being able to order something and have it shipped to you overseas.

Well there is a very simple way around that. There are lots of packing and shipping services around the US and lots in Orlando. You simply arrange for the item to be shipped to that locations streets address and then pay them to reship it to you in whatever country you are located in. Pretty simple to do. Or you could simply stop trying to make thing difficult by having it shipped home and take it with you on the plane.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Oh I understand now. You aren't actually talking about not being able to buy something in the store you are talking about not being able to order something and have it shipped to you overseas.

Well there is a very simple way around that. There are lots of packing and shipping services around the US and lots in Orlando. You simply arrange for the item to be shipped to that locations streets address and then pay them to reship it to you in whatever country you are located in. Pretty simple to do. Or you could simply stop trying to make thing difficult by having it shipped home and take it with you on the plane.
Canada is hardly "overseas". I don't understand why they make it difficult to ship within the same continent.

Goofyernmost

Canada is hardly "overseas". I don't understand why they make it difficult to ship within the same continent.
Cause it's Canada, eh! Seriously, they don't have to support a large military because they know that if something happens up there, it would be in our best interest to get involved. The least they could do is pay a little extra for items that we get for free.

:joyfull: That is something I used to say to my X in-laws whenever they made a snide remark about the USA. Sometimes it's good to have an 800 pound gorilla right next door. Other times those gorilla's seem a little pushy.;):p:angelic:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom