Why do some threads get locked?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Why do some get locked? I posted a thread about Katie Holmes and Suri at WDW and it is now locked. Why did that happen? Some of us were discussing which bathroom they were coming out of. Was there something wrong? Im just curious to know for future reference.

Nemo14

Threads get locked for any number of reasons - usually it's because they take a turn towards the off-color or get into heated political discussions. I think that thread had made some references to a few other celebrities "preferences" - that's probably the reason. Or perhaps the mods just felt there was nothing more to discuss about it?

PUSH

Because threads tend to not stay on topic, and when they don't stay on topic they lead to things. These things can sometimes lead to arguments, and that is one of the reasons thread get locked. Either that or there are 500 different threads about it all posted within a few hours of each other.

bethymouse

Sometimes there are "duplicate" or "similar" threads as well that either get "bumped" or locked.
I remember when I 1st started, the same thing happened to me! It was odd!:confused:
But, THE MOM busted me on a political reason.;) They don't like it when we get political! it's not allowed!:eek:

The Mom

Premium Member
It's a case by case basis. The two locked threads mentioned above went off in a questionable direction, as PUSH mentioned - it really had nothing to do with the OP in either thread.

Then there are certain topics that always lead to trouble. 10+ years of "let's see if people can have a polite, rational discussion about this without insults or name calling this time around" have proven that some topics just can't be discussed.

DisneyNut2007

It's a case by case basis. The two locked threads mentioned above went off in a questionable direction, as PUSH mentioned - it really had nothing to do with the OP in either thread.

Then there are certain topics that always lead to trouble. 10+ years of "let's see if people can have a polite, rational discussion about this without insults or name calling this time around" have proven that some topics just can't be discussed.

Well, then, here's one case that needs to be handled right away that is long overdue---PLEASE BAN WDW1974!!! :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom