Why do people like meet and greets?

Cmdr_Crimson

My only gripe is the lack of other characters....The Fab 5, Princess's & Pixar at the majority of parks. But, why not more characters in other places..It would be great to see more rare than common to make it much more fun.

Marc Gil

I miss the "old" days where the characters would randomly wander about Fantasyland and Main Street. It was one of my favorite parts of WDW as a kid. I would get so exited to see a character that I hadn't seen before.

I have a childhood picture from the early '80s with me grabbing the arm of one of the three little pigs for a picture as he/she was trying to exit the public area. I "needed" that third little pig picture to complete my collection.
They still do, occasionally.

I visited MK in June and I saw Drizella, Anastasia, and Lady Tremaine riding on the carousel and horsing around in Fantasyland, as well as Aladdin and Jasmine wandering Adventureland and riding the Magic Carpets.

Of course this is done when the crowds are light, generally before 11:00 AM

DManRightHere

Do you guys frequent meet and greets? What is the appeal to wait in such long lines to get a photo with a character?

Just noticed they have gotten much more popular over the years and I don't understand why.

I completely understand it for the kids.

A lot of the characters do a great job to make guests feel special. (We've met darth vader, star wars mickey mini r2 d2, and done the disney visa one twice).

It's cool to see characters out in the parks, but we don't wait in line usually.

Matt_Black

They still do, occasionally.

I visited MK in June and I saw Drizella, Anastasia, and Lady Tremaine riding on the carousel and horsing around in Fantasyland, as well as Aladdin and Jasmine wandering Adventureland and riding the Magic Carpets.

Of course this is done when the crowds are light, generally before 11:00 AM

Alice and the White Rabbit ride the tea cups, as well.

seahawk7

I enjoy the meet and greets. One of my favorites is when you give Donald Duck a giant Mickey pen to sign with and he gets angry and drops it. Snow White is a must and Tiana is our favorite.

Scott10

As was mentioned earlier, the pure joy on our daughter's faces with certain characters makes every trip memorable. This year, there was a situation where Jesse broke my oldest daughter's pen and the interaction that ensued was hilarious as she cried on my daughter's shoulder. There has been something that happens every year with our children and character interaction that makes Disney what it is. From a hug with Sulley that makes our girls disappear, to Jake asking them to kiss him on both cheeks at the same time, it allows people to experience Disney in a way that others can't replicate.
The other part that is cool for us as parents is seeing the transformation in our children over time, while keeping the Disney magic a part of their lives.

Obi

I enjoy doing the m&gs. I wish grumpy dwarf was out there all the time instead of during special events. I would totally get in line for that.

for me it is part of the interaction with them, another part of the little kid in me coming out to play, and so on.

last year while taking my nieces to meet buzz and woody I decided to have some fun too. I got to have a quick draw contest with woody. Woody won. Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom