Why do CMs lie?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
But if you don't TALK ...................

lately, I've had to... so I just answer what the guests ask, and if they ask me about rumors, I say my spiel about how until a press release is issued by Disney, nothing is happening

mkt

Premium Member
Re: Re: Re: Why do CMs lie?

Originally posted by Justin
Oh man! are you one of the CM's laughing at us?

actually (braces to get his ______ kicked).. yes. I laugh when people insist a rumor is true, and others believe them. When I know that it is something so far out of the realm of reality that it could never happen (at least not in this decade).

btw- this is not an open invitation to ask me about anything relating to specific rumors. Do that, and I won't reply.

Justin

Okay, Sorry i wasn't trying to be mean or anything, and i wasn't trying to offend you or anything, I was just joking around, I wont go there anymore, Sorry..

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Justin
What are you a Castmember in or at Mktiggerman?

read my signature... lol. That's the only answer you're getting out of me

mkt

Premium Member
actually, Justin. Don't take anything I say too seriously. I meant it all with a light heart.

Justin

Alright, cool :)

I shouldn't joke around as much as I do on alot of these posts though I can be a little weird and misunderstood..

Dizknee_Phreek

my guess is that either the CM's don't know the 'truth' themselves (i've always heard on this board that CM's usually know about as much as we do until official announcements and such) or they were sworn under contract to keep certain things 'hush-hush'. after all, Disney's gotta have SOME kind of control over the info they let leak out. now i'm not saying CM's should give you any ol' answer just to be giving you one...that WOULD be completely wrong. i'm just saying that i doubt they do it for spite or whatever.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by mktiggerman
read my signature... lol. That's the only answer you're getting out of me

speaking of your signature, and sorry for the thread drift, but John Edwards? who's that? that's not the guy who sung "Sunshine Go Away Today" is it? :confused:

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
speaking of your signature, and sorry for the thread drift, but John Edwards? who's that? that's not the guy who sung "Sunshine Go Away Today" is it? :confused:

nope... it's the guy who claims to speak to the dead. He has a show on Sci-Fi

Invero

In regards to CM's "Lying"... I wouldn't quite use that word.

You asked the CM if they were running TOT4 tests that day, they said Yes. The next CM said "We have no control over the elevator anymore" - Now, remember, this was all "Soft Openings"... the engineering teams could have been running some elevators with the 4.0, and some with the old programming. So, they didn't lie to you... They were testing that day... just not on your particular elevator. Perhaps some glitches surfaced, and the programmers took 4.0 offline for the time you rode. Technically speaking, the CM's did not lie... you just didn't get what you wanted/expected/hoped for.

In regards to other situations... in Monorails, I knew of a few drivers would would exaggerate, and tell a few fibs here and there about the trains... However, I wouldn't call it lying, and I wouldn't really say they were doing anything bad. They were simply "Preserving the Magical Guest Experience." If I were talking to a guest who was a Monorail fanatic, and they asked me about an expansion... I knew it'd never happen, but from experience, I also know telling them the truth like that would ruin the magical guest experience.

RandeB

John Edward

I believe Crossing Over man is John Edward (singular).

John Edwards is a senator, running for president.

When I first read your tagline, I thought you were a Republican operative.

kennyj29

CM'S

They lie because they know the next day someone will come on one of these websites and start saying that this is going to happen or that is going to happen and make everyone crazy.

Yellow Shoes

Originally posted by happy snapper
Whats so special about that I do it to my class most mornings.

My Dad used to teach college freshman English compostion -- he called it:

the Hereford stare

(the cows--not the place)

But--who's seen the Pet Psychic on Animal Planet?

Oh my GOSH!!

SpongeScott

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
But--who's seen the Pet Psychic on Animal Planet?

Oh my GOSH!!
You took the words right out of my mouth. And she says the same thing with everybody as their crying over their dead pet--"...and they want you to know that you did the right thing by putting them to sleep and that it was painless. Yada, yada, yada....":hurl: :hurl: :hurl:

Chernabog

In defense of myself and other cast members let me try and put a new perspective on things. How many times have you read something in one of these or any other forum and got excited about it and started telling all your friends and family? Assume for a moment that a cast member hears a rumour backstage from someone, when you ask about furture plans all their doing is telling you what they've heard. I don't know many cast members who don't start off by saying "I've heard..." That doesn't mean it's fact. You asked what we know we tell you what we hear. Plus, Disney can green light and hold a project numerous times. Look at the beastly kingdom idea. People have been talking about that for years but I don't see anything being done. Does it mean it won't happen and that someone lied to me? Not really, it's all just taking longer than expected.
So please don't get angry with every cast member who may have false info, you should know by now that some is true and some is just a rumour. Like everything on the internet, some are out to inform and there are some who are just mean and want to annoy guest. We aren't all bad. Okay, I think i'm done.:)

Tim G

Originally posted by hallowboy11
Okay.. so I was over at the latest M:S thread, when something said caught my attention...

People come here with "rumors" all the time which have supposedly come from Cast Members at the parks.

My question is: Why do Cast Members lie to the guests - spreading false information and such??
The reason this struck me is because I too have been the butt of a few different CMs' lies.

Not very nice.

Indeed not nice at all...
Some CM's like to start rumors, but they don't tell REAL lies

Why should they...
On the other hand, if you were there and you had to answer
stupid quetions all day like "when does Forbidden Mountain open"
I can imagine that some will answer after 100 times "within a month"...

Sometimes people won't take NO for an answer...

And most of all.... they're human too...

Tigggrl

Ok...I was not going to respond...
but I have to agree with Tiggerman...I am offended!
As a CM, I never would post something without a press release...and He does that quite well...Thanks Rob!
In our "Traditions" Class, we were told that unless something comes from Management, or is listed in our employee newspaper, it is considered a rumor, and should not be spread or discussed with guests...
Half the time Management is subject to rumors too, so unless I read it in our LIne, or read it in an OFFICIAL press release from Disney, I dont believe it...
Nor should you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom