Why do CMs lie?

hallowboy11

Original Poster
Originally posted by Tigggrl
Ok...I was not going to respond...
but I have to agree with Tiggerman...I am offended!
As a CM, I never would post something without a press release...and He does that quite well...Thanks Rob!
In our "Traditions" Class, we were told that unless something comes from Management, or is listed in our employee newspaper, it is considered a rumor, and should not be spread or discussed with guests...
Half the time Management is subject to rumors too, so unless I read it in our LIne, or read it in an OFFICIAL press release from Disney, I dont believe it...
Nor should you.

Listen, I never meant to offend anyone. I just thought it was interesting that I would read over and over on these threads that "A Cast Member said....", "I heard from a CM...", "My best friend's brother's uncle's second-cousin's cat's sister's roommate knows a guy who's friends with a CM who said..."

Now, while I will admit that many of these people are just making up their own "rumors," isn't it possible that there are some cast members who are actually spreading this false information?

So, I thought it would be an interesting topic to discuss on the boards. Maybe I should have changed the topic to "Why do SOME CMs Spread False Information to Disney Geeks?" :animwink:

The question is: What is the official Disney policy about this type of thing?? Do they say that you are not suppoed to share information which they haven't officially released?? Do they give you things to say when asked certain frequently asked questions??

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by hallowboy11

So, I thought it would be an interesting topic to discuss on the boards. Maybe I should have changed the topic to "Why do SOME CMs Spread False Information to Disney Geeks?" :animwink:

It's a GREAT topic HALLOWBOY11!
Look at the discussion it's generated. No need to apologize!

Many people go through life with the illusion that they are important and have all the answers. There's bound to be some Cast Members who fall into that group.

We've all heard stories about how some CMs get a kick out of spreading rumors, whether or not it is part of their job description. Also, some people get very uncomfortable when they cannot help someone who has come to them with a question, so they create an answer to get them beyond the crisis.

Fortunately for us, we have a great group of CMs on the board who look out for us!

:wave:

Wilt Dasney

With regards to TOT, I can tell you as a former bellhop that the new sequences were up and running after about the 4th of December and stayed in place until the end of my CP last month. It's possible you were just really unlucky and got the old sequence every time (since it is in the rotation) or, like someone mentioned, they stopped running the new sequences temporarily.

Once we started running the new sequences, I was fairly honest with guests who asked about them, either by giving a typical line like "our elevators are extremely unpredictable" or just dropping character and leveling wiht the person if they sounded like they really knew what they were talking about...so if you had asked me if the new sequences were up (heck, maybe you did), I would have given you basically the same type of answer that you got.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom