Why Astro doesn't Orbit (LOL)

KevinPage

I was able to video CoP with no problem. As far as I remember, they didn't make an annoucement that you couldn't. If they did, my wife would have given me a hard time about it and I would have remembered the incident. :lookaroun

I'm hoping to video just TimeKeeper himself so I have that for my records. While I enjoy the attraction I woudln't mind seeing it replaced with something better, whether that is a character attraction or not.

I agree that the "Future" concept is too hard to maintain and people don't seem to care about that much more. We've had so many advancements in such a short time that we take it for granted. Science fiction themes, even if they are retro (like Astro Orbitor) is a good way to go.

General Grizz

KevinPage said:
I agree that the "Future" concept is too hard to maintain and people don't seem to care about that much more. We've had so many advancements in such a short time that we take it for granted. Science fiction themes, even if they are retro (like Astro Orbitor) is a good way to go.

I think that it's certainly possible to hit the future if the technology is there. The wow factor. But I agree, Tomorrowland 1994/5 has a pretty exciting set up.

I wouldn't mind a replacement for Timekeeper if it's in good taste. I would be absolutely flattered if Disney created an original show with unique song(s) and character(s), with some sort of fundamental value.

(No gift shop, no meet and greet, no Stitch, no Pixar. :wave: )

General Grizz

ISTCNavigator57 said:
Unfortunately, that is the most likely replacement. It's cheap and guaranteed to have 40+ minute waits justifying Fastpass...and it has seats, no lean rails.

In that case, I'll hire Brer Rabbit to help me sharpen these thorns just south of Chick-A-Pin-Hill. ;)

General Grizz

*stares at Briar Patch*

*gaze*

BRIAR PATCH!

(LMAO, this is one of the funniest parts of Song of the South. Get ahold of it somehow just to see that scene. :lol: )

ToTBellHop

General Grizz said:
*stares at Briar Patch*

*gaze*

BRIAR PATCH!

(LMAO, this is one of the funniest parts of Song of the South. Get ahold of it somehow just to see that scene. :lol: )
If Disney would freaking release the movie on video! Will the political correctness never stop? Everyone knows "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah" but has no idea where it comes from...sad, very sad.

Ausdaddy

I was at WDW exactly one month ago and was standing in line for Astro when my son began to play with a boy his age in line next to us. They were having a good time and I got to talking with the other child's father. Turns out that he worked for Disney and was some sort of supervisor over maintenance at both park. He told me about the findings at Big Thunder at DL and some cool new things that castmembers and maintenance are doing with IPAQ's. Then, I brought up that fact that the planets were'nt rotating anymore. Well, apparently, being a supe means that you aren't always up on the most current issues. He said that he hadn't realize this was the case and promised to look into it. The fact that it's not fixed or being addressed means he probably didn't. :( I'd really like to see those going again. My son would get a kick out of it.

General Grizz

ISTCNavigator57 said:
If Disney would freaking release the movie on video! Will the political correctness never stop? Everyone knows "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah" but has no idea where it comes from...sad, very sad.
Last night they did! Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah made it as #47 on the AFI 100 Songs on CBS!

It was great to see Uncle Remus on television singing the classic. That film NEEDS to be released.

Wow, we sure did get OT. :eek:

SO back to Astro Orbiter, how did it just "stop?" What exactly led to the planets freezing?

General Grizz

Ausdaddy said:
The fact that it's not fixed or being addressed means he probably didn't. :( I'd really like to see those going again.

Seriously! Every time we walk around the Contemporary in the morning, it's so magical just to see the motion of that thing. I've visited the park about four times (over the course of a year), not seeing this moving. I noticed the first second I saw it: "Something's different."

Even on the new Magic Kingdom DVD, the planets are frozen.

I never knew that this little rotation could have so much impact! But it really does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom