Why are the parks so busy now?

RiGoRmOrTiS

Original Poster
Ive been coming to florida and the disney parks since i was 9 years old (32 now) and we have always come in october to avoid the crowds but this doesnt seem to work anymore.

This past week especially all the parks including universal have been unbearbable. whats going on? what changed? ive noticed this getting peogressivly worse year on year.

rides breaking down (pirates). 45mins - 90mins on literrally every attraction except living with the land in epcot and omg the brazilians, so many brazilians. i never knew how loud they were until they started filling the parks

at universal this past thursday, 80mins minion mayhem, 60 mins transformers,60 rip ride and rocket etc.. etc..

shoulder to shoulder in epcot, face to face in MK, urgh.. is there any month better now? november perhaps?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Ive been coming to florida and the disney parks since i was 9 years old (32 now) and we have always come in october to avoid the crowds but this doesnt seem to work anymore.

This past week especially all the parks including universal have been unbearbable. whats going on? what changed? ive noticed this getting peogressivly worse year on year.

rides breaking down (pirates). 45mins - 90mins on literrally every attraction except living with the land in epcot and omg the brazilians, so many brazilians. i never knew how loud they were until they started filling the parks

at universal this past thursday, 80mins minion mayhem, 60 mins transformers,60 rip ride and rocket etc.. etc..

shoulder to shoulder in epcot, face to face in MK, urgh.. is there any month better now? november perhaps?
happy-columbus-day-colorful-glitter.gif

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

I agree the parks are VERY busy for this time of year. It's i believe a combination of Columbus Day, food and wine, and most of fall break weeks for schools all across the country

I also came for 2 weeks in June and I can honestly say I think the crowds are the same or maybe even a tick higher right now

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Ours is next week. Thursday, Friday, and Monday off for teacher/parent meeting.
My kid has off Monday and Friday...but I really don't consider that a "Fall Break"...just a long weekend.

I guess it's the terminology that threw me. I was picturing something like "Spring Break" or "Christmas / Winter Break" where they have a week or two off...

minnie04

We are on a two week fall break as well and have two weeks off after each 9 week period. We go thru the first week of June and start back the last week of July.

TheRabbit

Yes...January is better (after Jan 3rd)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom