Why are the parks so busy now?

tdpolo26

No, this isn't just an October thing. The same thing goes for September and quite honestly I would lay the "blame" on more people taking advantage of Free Dining and word getting out about F&W.
really isn't any free dining in October this year I thought....I think a lot of people booked like they were going to get it then cause in past years October was covered and Disney got wise and did not offer for most of october

draybook

really isn't any free dining in October this year I thought....I think a lot of people booked like they were going to get it then cause in past years October was covered and Disney got wise and did not offer for most of october

Yeah, that's why I said it wasn't just an October issue. September has been much busier than normal for the last 2 years.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I'm going in about 3 weeks and have been checking wait times off and on. When I saw a 25 min wait for Imagination earlier today I knew it must be horrendous right now.
It is. I've been here since Oct. 2nd and I think crowds were much bigger than I expected plus it got a lot heavier closer to this weekend (holiday and another fall break week)

I can personally say from my own experience that animal kingdom this morning (which is open until 8pm tonight) and Magic Kingdom (open until 3am) were both very crowded today

I just got back to my room. Leaving tomorrow. The crowds can enjoy their lines lol

MuteSuperstar

I was there at this time last year and it was mostly pretty manageable. Of course, there were still paper fastpasses along with fastpass plus, which had not yet evolved into the sad disaster that it is now. This upcoming trip will probably be my last for several years. Just too many things making it something very far away from the escape from the real world that it used to be. Very discouraging.

And why am I seeing Living With The Land being closed before 9pm lately? Does it close at 7 now or something?

AEfx

October has been a busy month for a very long time. Between F&W, MNSSHP, and discounts (I got two different PIN mailers for this period, including one for free dining), it's not "slow" like it used to be.

As many will point out, there really is no "slow" season at WDW - though a few periods (like the first two weeks of Nov, the first few weeks of January) are slower than the average, the days of "empty" parks any time of the year are pretty much numbered.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
My kid has off Monday and Friday...but I really don't consider that a "Fall Break"...just a long weekend.

I guess it's the terminology that threw me. I was picturing something like "Spring Break" or "Christmas / Winter Break" where they have a week or two off...
Your daughter must attend school in Fulton. Cobb and Cherokee had a week long fall break in September.

G00fyDad

I've never heard of that...interesting. Do you have an example district that does that?

My son is out of school right now. He is right in the middle of his two week Fall break. They also get two weeks for Spring break as well. The Summer is shorter by two weeks total, but it is worth it.

To the OP... get to the parks at rope drop and hit the big rides first. You will have walk-ons for nearly all of them. Trust me. The crowds are awful in October later in the day, but I have photo proof of an Adventureland at 10:00am with only a single couple in the street. Then another photo at 10:30am of the main drag down Frontierland with barely anyone in the picture.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Some area around Atlanta, GA is off for fall break. My friend that lives there is in Disney with her daughter. Where I live in Louisiana, we don't get a fall break. We do get a week off for Thanksgiving.
APS just has a 4 day weekend this weekend...but that's the only one I can think of.

Then again, I don't pay attention to school schedules like I did when I worked for CEC. Back then it was VERY important to know when the kids were out of school!

Nemo14

Word is out that there's a new lumberjack show at the Canada Pavilion in the World Showcase and that's been drawing the big crowds.
yelrotflmao.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom