Why are call-in hold times 1 hour+ ?

DisneyJoe

I've been on hold for an hour already. Why is one of the largest companies in the world taking so long to answer calls?
- I don't believe they have fully brought back everyone that was furloughed or laid off yet
- and even though you would think that everything should be able to be done online, Disney's website(s) have always been very poorly made, thus causing people to need to call in

CosmicRays

It is far easier to get in que for their online chat in my experience.

edit: edited out my snark.

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
What are you trying to call about?

You do realize that Disney announced the Boo Bash this morning correct? I'm guessing upon hearing this many people decided to book or adjust their dates.

BTW I have never waited more than 8 minutes on hold with Disney.
I simply redial and push 0 through props until I get someone.

ETA: Oh I see now you're annoyed with your AP issues so you came on here...

wdwfan22

- I don't believe they have fully brought back everyone that was furloughed or laid off yet
- and even though you would think that everything should be able to be done online, Disney's website(s) have always been very poorly made, thus causing people to need to call in
I can see in some cases the need to call in, but I visit about 5 to 8 times a year and have never had to call in. Disney's websites crash at peak times but reservations can easily be made through the website.

Giss Neric

I've been on hold for an hour already. Why is one of the largest companies in the world taking so long to answer calls?
Disney hotline is not outsourced in India or Philippines and most of the staff are from here and nobody wants that job dealing with irate customers most of the time. If they outsource it, there will be more staff to handle all the calls.

threvester

I recently had to change my retun flight time for my june trip. When I try to change it online it says I have to call to change. Does anyone know from experience if this can be done at the hotel desk after I arrive? I dont want to spend 1+hours on hold if I dont need to

DisneyJoe

Disney hotline is not outsourced in India or Philippines and most of the staff are from here and nobody wants that job dealing with irate customers most of the time. If they outsource it, there will be more staff to handle all the calls.
They have in the past outsourced certain calls, like dining, and some reservation related calls, to Arise call services, but I have found that they aren't always trained the best.

DisneyJoe

I can see in some cases the need to call in, but I visit about 5 to 8 times a year and have never had to call in. Disney's websites crash at peak times but reservations can easily be made through the website.
Yes, the majority of simple reservations can be made easily online, but many modifications and some cancellations cannot.

Whippet Mom

I was on hold almost 2 hours calling DVC it was ridiculous but after calling numerous days for 2 weeks I finally decided I had no other choice because what I needed to do could not be done on their website

BeentoallDParks

What are you trying to call about?

You do realize that Disney announced the Boo Bash this morning correct? I'm guessing upon hearing this many people decided to book or adjust their dates.

BTW I have never waited more than 8 minutes on hold with Disney.
I simply redial and push 0 through props until I get someone.

ETA: Oh I see now you're annoyed with your AP issues so you came on here...
I waited for an hour and a half the last week of April, and when my turn came, I got disconnected on their end.

It’s not just Disney. The airlines are just as bad right now. They’re all too cheap to hire workers to catch up with the newly resurgent demand.

BeentoallDParks

Sorry, but where do you get your information that people are refusing to accept work answering calls for Disney?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom