Why am I a target?

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
Hi all. This is probably in the wrong section, but I need people to see this cause I need help! I already started a thread asking what it means that I am an unknown quality, which is partly what this is about. People keep taking points from me and when I look back at the posts I don't see anything wrong. There was one that I can understand because I was a little harsh, I'll admit, but the others I wasn't harsh at all. This morning I had a total of 6 points and my rectangle thing was green, and at 13:19 (1:19 p.m) someone took all of my points and now my rectangle is gray. I am still an unknown quantity though, so atleast that hasn't gone down. They took the points because of the other thread I started about not knowing what it means to be an unknown quantity. I just want to know, why am I a target for point taking? I don't think I'm a bad person and I haven't said anything offensive, so why does this happen to me? One of the posts I lost points for was just a rumor! Why would anyone take points from me for stating a rumor? Please, if I am a bad person or am offensive or if there is anything that you would like for me to change, please let me know. I just want to be accepted and earn all of your respect. Please, HELP!!!
Yensidtlaw1969

AEfx

Ugh, don't pay attention to that stuff at all.

I got a "reputation point" taken away yesterday because some know-it-all hall monitor posted something really ridiculous, and I responded - they said "so and so" was just trying to help. It's all about who's friends with whatever moderator decided to "rate" you - obviously I ticked someone off.

Another day last week, I got one because a bunch of people posted very biggoted things about another country and I said that it was too bad even on a Disney board biggotry and ignorance abounded. I guess whomever "rated" me agreed with the biggots, so I got a red mark.

I really wouldn't let it get to you - online politics are so silly and not worth your time.

I personally don't like this system at all, as you cannot reply to whomever decided to "demerit" you - someone shouldn't be able to "take sides" like that. It's simply too objective.

However, as we all know, this is a private forum and there is no such thing as free speech here - nor choice in some silly ratings system.

AEfx

MrNonacho

Premium Member
It's posts like this that make me dislike karma/reputation systems. People are far more likely to take points away than they are to add them. In the end, it's an unreliable and inaccurate way of sizing up a poster (just look at Woody13).

They're just points on an internet forum, but it's still not very fun to have people you may not even know knock you down.

This thread has a bit of discussion on the topic.

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
Thanks for being so understanding. I will try not to be affected (I usually don't care what other people think about me[Not that people think I'm a bad person, I mean if they think I'm wierd or not or whatever, things like that] , I just don't want the people around here to think that i'm a mean/bad person. I'm a teenager, so that might come into affect a little as well. Thanks again.
P.S- Sorry that first post was so long!
Yensidtlaw1969

Wilt Dasney

If people are taking points from you, they should at least let you know why they disagree with your post.

I haven't had any problems with the system so far, but I know it has some failsafes built in to prevent abuse. (For example, a person's own reputation helps determine how many they can give or take, so that theoretically, more respected members get more "power" while people with histories of being jerks can't really hurt your rep too bad, even if they vote against you.)

My advice is just to listen to any constructive criticism you get, and ignore the a-holes who just take points without telling you why. Remember, the system is still new, so it really doesn't represent much right now. Over time, your Reputation should be a more fair representation of the quality of your contributions here.

WDWFREAK53

First off...I wouldn't even know about the reputation system if it wasn't for the gazillion and one threads about it :lol:

Second of all...Can't we all just get along?

Third of all...Maybe they take points away because they're trying to figure out your screen name?

yen...yensid...YENSID...Yensidt...(how does one pronounce a "dt" combo?)...some important LAW maybe? The Yensidt Law?

:lookaroun

To bed...to bed I said...I am a little dopey in the head!

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
Oddly enough I myself have not yet discovered how to pronounce my name, but I came up with it by spelling Walt Disney backwards. I was thinking of going with Yensidretlaw1969, but who ever calls him Walter? :lol: . Thanks though. That was a joke I really needed. It made me feel better. :)

WDWFREAK53

yensidtlaw1969 said:
Oddly enough I myself have not yet discovered how to pronounce my name, but I came up with it by spelling Walt Disney backwards. I was thinking of going with Yensidretlaw1969, but who ever calls him Walter? :lol: . Thanks though. That was a joke I really needed. It made me feel better. :)

No problem...and I threw a little present in your rep box :lol:

AllThatsJoey

I have a DnD character named Yensid Tlaw. I just pretend the T in the last name is silent.

This is by far the nerdiest post I've ever made and I apologize to you all.

Chape19714

Don't worry about this system. I don't know what is going on with it, i post some really good things, and don't get any green squares, and then i just post normal things and i get them! what's up? I have yet to get one sience july 1. It's just too easy to mark someone bad, i guess. There should be a better system. Just like on AIM, when my friends click warn till it gets to 100%, and then i get kicked off for 3 days. :fork: there needs to be a better way. I think maybe, you should only be able to give green marks instead of red, so that way, nothing can happen except good

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
WDWFREAK53 said:
don't know too many people obviously huh?

What about?

rensieleahcim1969

*awaits red squares to show up*
SQUARE
Happy now? Lol. Thanks to everyone who gave me green squares (although they are more rectangular than square . . .), I have left everyone who posted on this thread (other than me ofcourse) green squares so being so kind and not calling me a whiny baby as I thought somebody might do (not that I wanted that!). FREE GREEN SQUARES FOR ALL!!! We should start Squarefest! I can see it now . . ."WAVE YOUR SQUARE IN THE AIR IF YOU JUST DON'T CARE!"
Maybe not. Thanks again.
Yensidtlaw1969

maxime29

Premium Member
I've been here for almost a year, and I never knew about this thing. AHHH

How do I find out my rating? I'm not big into the whole thing either, but I am curious if there is something on my record.

Chape19714

yensidtlaw1969 said:
SQUARE
Happy now? Lol. Thanks to everyone who gave me green squares (although they are more rectangular than square . . .), I have left everyone who posted on this thread (other than me ofcourse) green squares so being so kind and not calling me a whiny baby as I thought somebody might do (not that I wanted that!). FREE GREEN SQUARES FOR ALL!!! We should start Squarefest! I can see it now . . ."WAVE YOUR SQUARE IN THE AIR IF YOU JUST DON'T CARE!"
Maybe not. Thanks again.
Yensidtlaw1969

lol :lol:

Chape19714

maxime29 said:
I've been here for almost a year, and I never knew about this thing. AHHH

How do I find out my rating? I'm not big into the whole thing either, but I am curious if there is something on my record.

click user CP underneath the find a room in orlando square, it should come up if you click that

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
"Can i be a cool person too??? lol, don't sweat the small stuff have a great trip in 5 days!"
Somebody said this to me but I don't know who it is, so my response is Ofcourse you can! You already are/were! WE ARE ALL COOL PEOPLE!!! Sherry said *HUGS* and I don't know exactly who sherry is so THANK YOU SHERRY AND EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!
Maxime, to see your rating just scroll over the little GREEN square next to your post number. It will show up.
Yensidtlaw1969.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom