Why Aerosmith?

captainkidd

1) He didn't commit suicide.

2) Yea, he's famous for that misinterpretation, but Steven Tyler being an arrogant, drug-taking, rehab-going role model is good for WDW? Yes, both of their lifestyles were not optimal, but one of them had some sort of meaning IMO.

1.OK, Oliver Stone.

2."One of them". Please. Let's not go there. If Kurt Cobain was still alive, Nirvana wouldn't still be around. Whatever he did have to say wasn't anything the average person could understand through his mumbling, and whatever it was I'm sure Disney wouldn't want to promote. The guy is considered a martyr which is absurd. High schoolers wear shirts with his face on it because they think it's "cool", when they've probably never heard anything other than "Smells Like Teen Spirit". The best thing to come from Nirvana is Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters, who are 1,000 times the band Nirvana was.

Mikester71

1.OK, Oliver Stone.

2."One of them". Please. Let's not go there. If Kurt Cobain was still alive, Nirvana wouldn't still be around. Whatever he did have to say wasn't anything the average person could understand through his mumbling, and whatever it was I'm sure Disney wouldn't want to promote. The guy is considered a martyr which is absurd. High schoolers wear shirts with his face on it because they think it's "cool", when they've probably never heard anything other than "Smells Like Teen Spirit". The best thing to come from Nirvana is Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters, who are 1,000 times the band Nirvana was.

As much as I like Nirvana, I would agree with this assessment 1000%!!! Dave Grohl IS one of the hardest working men in show business today and is a force in the music industry. Multi-talented and by what I've read in interviews, a true professional and all around good guy. LOVE the Foo's!!!!
:sohappy:

ABigBrassBand

1.OK, Oliver Stone.

1. Well, aren't you the funny one.

2. Really? Of course Nirvana wouldn't be around, Kurt clearly disliked the industry, and if it were up to him they probably would have stopped before their studio made a "greatest hits". And why is it that I mentioned Radiohead, which is another innovative, but mumbling band, and nobody even mentioned that? He's not considered a martyr, but an artist, and frankly he deserves that recognition. Yes, there are many high schoolers like that, but then there are the people who actually get an idea. As for the Foo Fighters, they are probably the most dull rock band I've ever heard. When was the last time they innovated a genre? The Foo Fighter's sound is almost as original as Bon Jovi (but thank god they don't shout "guitar solo!" before a solo), which is not saying much. The best thing Grohl has done was QOTSA; they should have set the bar for America's next rock band standards, but no one listened.

Last post on this topic, because I don't want to get into a flame war.

captainkidd

The Foo Fighter's sound is almost as original as Bon Jovi (but thank god they don't shout "guitar solo!" before a solo), which is not saying much. The best thing Grohl has done was QOTSA; they should have set the bar for America's next rock band standards, but no one listened.

I know every Bon Jovi song by heart, and can't think of one where anyone said "guitar solo" before a guitar solo.

As far as people "not listening to the Foo Fighters", I suggest you get out a bit more.

Optimus Mouse

1) He didn't commit suicide.

Oh my.

I think the time is going to come at some point in the future that RnRC is going to have to be debranded and run as a general music/rock-themed coaster. While this is a sample size of 4, my nieces and nephews (ages 6-11) have no clue who Aerosmith are, nor do they particularly care for classic rock (much to my chagrin.) There are very few musical acts these days that have both the necessary longevity, success, and appeal across demographics that the old classic rock groups did. When you add in that the act has to be WDW-appropriate, you're not left with a great number of suitable successors.

ABigBrassBand

I know every Bon Jovi song by heart, and can't think of one where anyone said "guitar solo" before a guitar solo.

As far as people "not listening to the Foo Fighters", I suggest you get out a bit more.
There was a music video that demonstrated this, I'll see if I can dig it up when I get home. I may not physically get out, but my music taste is far wider than you might perceive it to be.

captainkidd

There was a music video that demonstrated this, I'll see if I can dig it up when I get home. I may not physically get out, but my music taste is far wider than you might perceive it to be.

I know nothing of your music taste. Didn't claim to. I'm just saying that there is no point in any Bon Jovi song where he says "Guitar Solo" before the guitar solo. On the song We Weren't Born To Follow, he does say "Guitar" before the solo, but that's completely different. Anyone can name a group that has done that.

ABigBrassBand

I know nothing of your music taste. Didn't claim to. I'm just saying that there is no point in any Bon Jovi song where he says "Guitar Solo" before the guitar solo. On the song We Weren't Born To Follow, he does say "Guitar" before the solo, but that's completely different. Anyone can name a group that has done that.
Yea, that's probably it. Just because anyone can name it, does not mean it's something I enjoy :p

You said because I didn't listen to the FF I should get out more, but I've listened to their discography multiple times and I still think it's bland.

captainkidd

You said because I didn't listen to the FF I should get out more, but I've listened to their discography multiple times and I still think it's bland.

No, what I said was if you think no one listens to the Foo Fighters, you should get out more.

Whether or not they're bland is subjective. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on music. Hell, at this very moment I've got Alibis from Sergio Mendes playing on my ipod.:lol:

ABigBrassBand

No, what I said was if you think no one listens to the Foo Fighters, you should get out more.

Whether or not they're bland is subjective. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on music. Hell, at this very moment I've got Alibis from Sergio Mendes playing on my ipod.:lol:
Which is funny, because I never said that nobody listened to them :p

voodoo321

They're sell-outs. So you're right - Perfect for Disney.
You'd have to have integrity in the first place to be a sell-out. Kiss never claimed to have integrity. They have alot of fun songs and the spectacle and energy that would work for a rollercoaster. Their merchandise is everywhere again. Also there are as many kids at their shows as adults.

Mickey is King

I don't understand why everyone thinks that the current state of any given band is an issue. what I mean is there is alot of talk about who is relevant these days for the attaction. There are tons of great rock and roll bands that are either dead or to old that could fit the bill. Is EVERY Disney attaction themed from a movie or whatnot still "relevant" today? What I mean is, for an example: is Peter Pan still relevant today? Is it sitting on top of the Disney list ? yet the attraction lives. Just a thought:veryconfu

ABigBrassBand

The best thing Grohl has done was QOTSA; they should have set the bar for America's next rock band standards, but no one listened.
Aye, that was a misunderstanding; I was referring to how QOTSA should have set a bar for America's upcoming rock bands, but they didn't become too mainstream bar their last album due to their nature...hence the "no one listened", wasn't talking about the FF.

Sorry about that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom