Who's Excited for their Next Disney trip? Details and why.

Bryan Slater

I'm currently going for 6-28-16 to 7-9-16. 12 days and 11 nights. Flying from Pa to Fl with my wife, 2 kids and my father, staying at all star movies. I personally can't wait to see my kids face when I surprise them with the Disney tripand new outfits for everyday. I've bought glow things for the night and bubbles for the day. I've ordered a bunch of stuff to be delivered to our first restaurant we are eating at. Such has the princess first wish for my daughter and blanket and stuffed Pluto for my son, a pen with Pop Pop for my father, Wish bracelet for wife and flowers and balloons for all, coloring books and crayons. Then when we get back to the room I have the grand magical Mickey and Minnie welcome theme in the room waiting. I also have the Pirates and Pals voyage booked, the boutique and Harmony Barber shop booked. Dinners w fatasmic show, be our guest,Ohana,tusker house, crystal palace,Cinderellas castle, chef mickeys,cape may,1900,plaza,akershus,Hollywood,whispering canyon. They don't know yet so I couldn't hold it in and posted it on here to see what other people thought of how I did. Couple of surprises here and there for them also such has the Disney pins and lanyard with 30 each for the kids and new shoes and sandals. I'll be posting pictures and videos to document the trip.

ProfSlim

4 months away...although we've taken quite a few trips in the past it's the first time:
- at The Boardwalk for half the stay and then over to the Yacht Club for the second half
- not staying on a Monorail Resort
- shifted our week so that we get a complete weekend (Fri, Sat, and Sun nights) without travel
- going to stop by Universal for a day (never been to Orlando Universal only Universal City)
- kids are all in their teens !!
- taking the first flight out (6:15am)
- taking the last flight home (6:45pm)
- being able to walk to EPCOT and DHS

Upvote 0

Mongomil

So very excited here. Trip booked for Sept. 10-21. Staying at POFQ. Flight out will be the first so be there by 11am. Have a haircut set up for my 11yr old son at 4. Have many little things for everyone to do this trip. The trip is not a secret but all the little things are.(pirate cruise, and many many more) Have some friends that are going for a few days during the same time period so we will hook up with them for dinner. And now I believe my parents might make it for 3 days. That will be great. I live in Maine and they in Alabama so we do not get to see them all that often. So now the Food & Wine fest and MNSHP are pushed back to start while we are there so we will see what that is about. We have gotten to do the MVMCP so now we will get to see the other one.

Upvote 0

mariak

OP, that is going to be Epic for everyone. Wow!

We're going mid-november. I'm especially excited because AKL is my favorite resort (brought tears to my eyes when we were leaving Sanaa the last time we were there, on the final night of our honeymoon) and we were originally booked in POR, but I received an offer to upgrade to a deluxe.

I'm budgeting hard for this one, and praying nothing comes up that makes us have to cancel it! So excited for the new stuff in MK (we were there in 2014 before the mine ride was finished) and AK. I'm looking forward to spending a bit more time in AK (really my least favorite park, but hoping to develop a new love for it!) since we'll be so close. Can't wait!

We are going to spend LOTS of time at the resort this time around and make sure we take an easygoing approach. It'll also be our first time there during the holiday season and I think it's going to be crazy good.

Upvote 0

mlucey03

Wow! That sounds like an amazing trip. I'm anxiously waiting for my trip -- December 17-24. Three adults and four kids (12, 14, 17, 19) -- celebrating the 17 year old's birthday, he's never been to Disney which should be great! I'm doing all the planning, which means I spend lots of time perusing these forums. Anything we shouldn't miss? Where's the best place for dinner for a birthday?

Upvote 0

wwm

Sounds like a fantastic trip. Our next trip wont be till March 2- 9 2017 but greatly looking forward to it as our daughter will be getting married at SOG. She and he future husband have asked me to make a plan of ADRs and FP+ as a family instead of the two of them going on their own.

Upvote 0

Bryan Slater

Original Poster
Wow! That sounds like an amazing trip. I'm anxiously waiting for my trip -- December 17-24. Three adults and four kids (12, 14, 17, 19) -- celebrating the 17 year old's birthday, he's never been to Disney which should be great! I'm doing all the planning, which means I spend lots of time perusing these forums. Anything we shouldn't miss? Where's the best place for dinner for a birthday?
Any place is a great place for a birthday. Also make sure to get a birthday pin. Look into the Disney floral to have something brought to the restaurant for their birthday. You can even create your own and prices are pretty reasonable. I have a bunch for my vacation. Hope that helps and have a great trip. Message me if you need any help

Upvote 0

OliveMcFly

I leave Saturday for a short trip and I'm already finding it hard to function today at work. My brain has been completely taken over by WDW visions. To make matters worse my co-worker next to me is helping a client plan her WDW dining.
This is going to be a difficult week. :banghead:

Upvote 0

Bryan Slater

Original Poster
I leave Saturday for a short trip and I'm already finding it hard to function today at work. My brain has been completely taken over by WDW visions. To make matters worse my co-worker next to me is helping a client plan her WDW dining.
This is going to be a difficult week. :banghead:
The week of the trip always goes the slowest it seems. Look on the bright side sat isn't far away I still have 71 yet. I do understand it making it hard to function. I know I have that problem now and I plan so many trips for people that I'm always on some kind of Disney site lol. Have a safe travel and post some pictures

Upvote 0

Carpe_Fastpasses

220 days until my next trip! To make this more manageable I think of it more like...
40 days until ADR
160 days until FP reservations
219 days until I check in for my flight
I also created a spreadsheet with what days we are going to different parks, the Christmas Party in MK and my ideal dining choices and Fastpasses. When I get stressed out I just take a look and remember what I'm working/saving for :)

Upvote 0

hanwill

I leave in a little over a month! first time flying there (we usually drive).... got all ADRs and Fps set.... so excited for this trip... 7 people-who are pros... and we built in a water park day and a break day... we will need it- 11 day trip!

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

We are excited for our next trip. It is not scheduled or fully planned yet. It will be more of a celebration of a bad event finally ending once settlement or suit finalizes. We will take a 1-week cruise and a 1-week WDW trip. Since we are not resort envious, we will stay at Pop Century unless we find some of the DVC rental deals we have found in the past.

Upvote 0

5Adults

Looooong ways off for us. 9 months. But we have our itinerary planned: MK, Epcot, Typhoon Lagoon and Islands of Adventure.
Going to buy my tickets on OTC and pick them up at their office which is a 10 minute walk from the condo we're renting.
I'll get them to send me an e-ticket also so I can link them into the MDE app for booking Fast-Pass+ at MK and Epcot.
Because it's an all adult group, we'll do the outlet malls and keeping our eyes open for any concerts/sporting events February 2017.
Super stoked. I will really feel like we're going when we buy our park tickets from OTC. I think I'll phone them because it'll help understand things better. Also, I definitely want the express option at Islands of Adventure. We're there right during President's Day long weekend and the Princess Marathon. Could be a tad on the busy side.

Upvote 0

Cartoons626

We're going in september, me and my sister will be celebrating graduating from university and my mum for moving house twice in a year lol :) I've been far too excited since the day we booked and I'm afraid the Disney buzz will only get worse as we get closer to the date (My family doesn't quite share my sense of excitement about the trip) ;) Im excited to see all the new attractions coming to the parks, doing the MNSSHP and food and wine festival for the first time and getting to eat as BOG for the first time. The only dampener is BTM not being open when we go but I am planning to just shout 'the wildest ride in the wilderness' on the SDMT ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nikkiminxy

I'm going in late September for 14 nights with my other half and my little boy who will be 17 months by then.

Staying in All-Star Movies (hopefully Toy Story area) in preferred room. We have all our passes, memory maker and magic bands etc ordered. Also scored MNSSHP tickets for 09/29/16 which we are well excited about!

Will be our first ever visit, my birthday, my other half's birthday and our honeymoon (had to move wedding to 2017 so now it's before rather than after...) and our first American Halloween (at MNSSP!!!)

Can't tell you how excited we are, trying to fit in seeing as many characters as we can, we booked character dining on our birthdays.

Thinking about babysitter so we can do rides he can't, but have to say I'm really nervous about it but no other way around it to do the rides together...

Introducing both the boys to pin trading whilst there, so more excitement to look forward to!

Upvote 0

bee

I'm excited to celebrate my DW's birthday later this month! It will be our last trip using our current APs and our last trip to WDW for awhile so we are going all out (for us) with ADRs at California Grill and Jiko and we plan to enjoy the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. We are staying at the Swan and can't wait!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom