Who Wants to be a Millionaire closing in August

well thats exciting, but kind of a bummer too, i always wanted to get into the hotseat at least once! but i guess its not happening now. oh well, ill deal!

My Dad is gonna be a little upset when he hears the news. He had gotten into the hotseat twice and went home both times with 32,000 points worth of prizes. I enjoyed watching the show, I thought it was cool. Does anyone know what part of August that it will depart?

"...let me ask you a question...who wants to be a millionaire????"

kennygman

Well, like Tarzan Rocks, I'll get to catch it one last time in Aug before it closes. I think a new ride will help MGM a lot though.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Clark Griswold said:
Does anyone know what part of August that it will depart?

"...let me ask you a question...who wants to be a millionaire????"

Yep, have a read of the news item on the main site. Its the 19th August.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Bummer, I liked the attraction. How many other vacations can make you pull obscure references and facts out of the deepest recesses of your brain? :lol:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Whoo!

Marcie was right all along, I love me some Marcie as an insider source. She was right about Millionaire as the location, and I'm betting she'll be right about the construction timeframe (WDW's opening before DCA's) and all too.

for those who have no iea what i'm talking about:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=75404&highlight=marcie

Marcie on May 13th said:
For the sake of discussion, Midway Mania, as it is known right now, is slated for an early summer opening in 2008 with WDW's version opening a few month prior in what is now the Millionaire attraction there. Yes, that means Millionaire is marked for closing at the Disney/MGM Studios to make way for this new attraction.

PintoColvig

I'm cool with it. Like others have said over and over, I hated not getting into the hot seat and then having to sit around waiting on the dang thing to end. I always wanted to win something.

Now if they would only give out prizes to high scorers on Midway Mania....

mandib

Good thing it's not until the 19th, we're going to the 3rd-13th and if it wasn't open for one last time I think my mom and sister might cry. They could sit in there all day. Odd I agree, but they love it. We're WWTBAM people though, I've been down there twice and my mom once. Someone has to go down there one last time. Thanks for the info!

pacochran

Bummer!!! I don't mind change but would have liked to done it one more time, when we go in November. Last year was the first time we tried it and all the family liked it which is unusual for us as usually one doesn't like something the others do. Oh well.

bferrara16

I'm all for a new ride... but why not use the Sounds Dangerous building instead? I don't think I'd get too much opposition in saying that I'd rather keep WWTBAM and replace Sounds Dangerous...:lookaroun

my only guess would be the amount of space... so is WWTBAM that much bigger of a building?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom