Who Remembers Mickey's Starland?

Spectroman2003

Original Poster
My favorite thing about the Magic Kingdom when I was a kid was Mickey's Starland, before Toontown. It was a great show involing Mickey Mouse and the characters from Disney Daytime Cartoons inlcluding Tale Spin, Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, Duck Tales, Bonkers and Goof Troop I think. I was so sad when they get rid of it. Just another mistake Disney made.

BTW, if anyone has any links for this, I would appreciate it. Thanks and have a MAGICAL Day.

DDPGambit

Didn't all they do in that show was just "dance" around to the tv show theme songs?
Now the Mickey birthday show was great. Goofy, Minnie, Pluto, Donald and CM all ran around in a giant kitchen trying to throw together a cake for Mickey's birthday. I still have that on tape somewhere... :rolleyes:

Nintendo18

Yeah, i remember that show. I have it on tape and i always get the song stuck in my head. When i saw it it had Gummi Bears, ducktales, and rescue rangers. I loved the last line of the chorus, "At mickeys, magical, tv world."

I remember both Mickey's Birthdayland and Mickey's Starland. I loved them both when I was younger! I was a big fan of the Disney afternoon when I was in elementary school...I would get home just in time to see my favorites, Ducktales and Rescue Rangers. I too wish I could find stuff online from them.

Great memories! :D

disneybeavs

I remember that show too, that was a long time ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday! Before that was even Mickey's Birthdayland or something like that. Ahh, the good ol' days.

aim

:cry: I remember both Mickey's Birthdayland and Mickey's Starland. I loved them so much more than Toontown Fair. For some reason, I just LOVED the smell of the birthday cake from the Birthdayland show! :slurp:

Since1976

What's interesting is that Birthdayland/Starland was only supposed to be a temporary "Land" at MK. I remember walking through there as a 13-year-old (ca. 1990) and noticing how cardboard-y everything looked.

Still can't get the "Birthdayland Express" song from the MK railroad out of my head.

Tramp

I have both of the shows recorded but don't have the ability to capture it to show you. If I ever get around to buying a capture card, I'll put some clips here for y'all!

If I remember correctly, the birthday program consisted of a stage show which terminated with all the guests being moved into another room where there was a huge birthday cake. I have it all on film but feel helpless to show you....sorry.:(

The Ducktales show was real good. A cast member was the emcee of the program and I think they picked the most bubbly, cutest gals to do it cuz they were great.

LuciferKitty

Ahhh I remember that show! I was in elementary school when it opened, and Goofy picked me out of the audience and danced up and down the aisles with me, and took me up on stage...it was like the greatest thing that ever happened to me at that point in my life :lol:

Epcot is my fav

Originally posted by DDPGambit
Didn't all they do in that show was just "dance" around to the tv show theme songs?
Now the Mickey birthday show was great. Goofy, Minnie, Pluto, Donald and CM all ran around in a giant kitchen trying to throw together a cake for Mickey's birthday. I still have that on tape somewhere... :rolleyes:

OMG THAT WAS MY FAVORITE SHOW..... I loved the smell of the cake!! I miss that show they need more of those kinds of things back at WDW...... i have it on tape and watch it all the time!!!!!

aj_macack

This is soooo weird, I remember everything about Starland...
Oh all the things that my parents taped on out first trip to Disney, which wasn't very much BTW (very disappointing), this was the main thing... probably due to the fact that we were only 2,5, and 7... but that's not the point...

We have the entire "cartoon" afternoon show thingy on tape, as well as the exit room that they let you play in after the show... it's so cool to watch, my youngest sister is 16 now and she was only 2 in the video (so cute!) ...

Awww the memories... I can't wait to take my children there some day!

Ashley =)

THE MOUSER

MICKEY'S STARLAND

I HAVE THE MICKEY'S BIRTHDAY ON TAPE. IF YOU WANT SEND ME TRHE INFORMATION AND I CAN PUT IT ON A DVD FOR YA...MOUSER

Kopp8699

i remember starland.... i loved it. It was great.. I dont recall gummi bears tho, mayb i was too young (im 16 now, 2 wen i went 2 birthdayland) but i remember ducktales (when they got locked in the moneybin) and when they added gooftroop (locked in the house) and chip n dale came in. That was my favorite. Kazaa has alotta songs, i downloaded all the themes 2 the disney afternoon songs, 2 bad my kazaa doesnt work w/ my pop up blocker :( :cry: :(

figmentmom

We took our kids to Starland when they were little...I think it was our 1989 trip, but I'm not sure. The kids LOVED it!

imagineer boy

I saw the starland show when I was really little and I positivly LOVED it. It's one of my best memories of my first trip to WDW. I lived the show. I saw it countless times. I really liked it. I remember when the characters from the TV shows would dance to their theme songs ( dark wing duck was my favorite ) and that's when it gets blurey. I remember the cast member lady danced with Mickey for a while. Then when it came to Goof troop, max was somhow locked out of the house, and then all of the characters appeared out of a rocket in a burst of smoke and then they danced with max. Can anyone refresh my memory? I would really enjoy seeing a video of this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom