Who receives pin codes and why?

nh10ring

We made our first trip to Disney a little over a year ago after receiving a 40% off room rate offer with pin code in the mail. I have not received another offer since. Not sure why I received it, but would love to receive another. Perhaps it arrived after I requested a vacation packet from Disney, but I can't remember. Any suggestions how I might increase my chances for receiving a pin code via mail???

mickeysshoes

We made our first trip to Disney a little over a year ago after receiving a 40% off room rate offer with pin code in the mail. I have not received another offer since. Not sure why I received it, but would love to receive another. Perhaps it arrived after I requested a vacation packet from Disney, but I can't remember. Any suggestions how I might increase my chances for receiving a pin code via mail???

The best I can tell that is how I get mine...but I also have not seen one in a while. I just got the most current CD about 3 weeks ago so maybe I will see one soon. Have you requested the latest copy??

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

It's one of the great mysteries of Disney. Definitely register your email with their website. My parents do NOTHING beyond that and get PINS emailed to them every few weeks. I shop at the Disney store, price sample vacations online and request planning DVDs and occasionally I geta PIN via regular mail, but never via email. Good thing we vacation together! :D

Upvote 0
I probably got the same 40% PIN that you did last year as well. I can't remember what I did to get it but I received mine by email.

About 2 weeks ago I got one for the month of November only and it is only good for WL or AKL.

I logged in to my WDW account and priced out a vacation for 2 different weeks in November at both resorts. I saved them but didn't book. About 2 1/2 - 3 weeks later I received a 30% PIN in the mail. I'm assuming they sent me the PIN to entice me to book that vacation :shrug:

Either way, it worked! I will be heading back down there in November and I can't wait!!!:sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

It's black magic. No one knows for certain. But having them know you are interested in WDW, and having your information on file definitely helps. Some people think its by signing up for the DVD, others think its about starting to plan a trip online, but then not finishing, others just think its sheer dumb luck. I personally have found though that I get PIN codes when I haven't gone in a while.

Upvote 0

ann0d

I finally got one last week for free quick service in October. My first one! I called and you can upgrade the dining for 15 per person per day. Do you think that is worth it?

Upvote 0

Mrs.Skellington

I finally got one last week for free quick service in October. My first one! I called and you can upgrade the dining for 15 per person per day. Do you think that is worth it?

we upgrade every time. We look at it like we are eating at this place for 15 a day.... wow we really saved huh. :ROFLOL::slurp:

Upvote 0

SAV

I had gotten a PIN code for a time period that I wasn't able to go, but I went ahead and entered the PIN and then did a search for my June trip anyways. It came back and said the PIN wasn't valid for the time selected. Then "miraculously" a few weeks later, I got a new PIN in the email that was for 30% off June 1 - June 30th only. Not sure if it was coincidence, but I'll take it.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

I usually receive a new pin in my email every month or two and it always comes via Disney Destinations. I've basically done the exact same as everyone else on here: signed up on WDW's site, ordered the planning DVD every year, started planning multiple trips and then save them for booking later, etc. I can't remember if I ever received a pin in the mail though; maybe once back a couple of years ago. I know my mother-in-law, who came with us on our first 3 trips, always receives them in her mail, and she never signed up for anything! Heck, she lives in the U.S. and us in Canada and I booked all of our trips over here through CAA, so why she receives them is anybody's guess! :shrug::ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I got one sometime last year but it was for my friend. I used my mailing address when setting up his reservation a few years ago in his name. And I got the pin code with his name on it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom