• The Doctor (Holographic)

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Phlox

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • McCoy (Urban)

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

StarWarsGirl

The actress that played Pulaski actually served on the Enterprise in TOS...

tumblr_m6ihgdMbh31qcmlw4o1_400.jpg
Another piece of Trivia, had Enterprise continued for another season (it didn't, it was abruptly cut during mid-production of Season 4, which is why it comes to such a quick ending), Berman's plans for the Phlox were quite interesting. We were, supposedly, going to see him return home to Dunablua (sp) and learn a lot more about him, his family, and his spotted history (which, is never touched upon in the series prior). Shame.
I knew both of those pieces of trivia you just posted. And I've never seen Enterprise.

Perhaps I should spend less of my time reading bits of Star Trek information and watching Star Trek and focus on something more meaningful.

Or not. :p

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
I edited my post to include Undiscovered Country, I meant to include it the first time. That movie was very well done. Search for Spock was just okay. First Contact was really the only TNG movie that really liked, which is funny because that was my favorite of all the series. I didn't hate the other movies, but I certainly didn't love them either.
Undiscovered Country is hands down my favorite Star Trek movie...though, that may be a future poll!

Wrath of Khan is a VERY close second.

And, third, is TNG: Resurrection.

A lot of people don't like that one, and a common complaint I've heard is that it "feels like a 2 hour long TNG TV Episode, not a movie"...but, that's exactly why I like it!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Nemesis was the worst of all of them. Even if Data did save his memories or whatever, killing him off was still not cool.
I think the fact that the 2009 plot and "enemy" were so similar to Nemesis is part of the reason I really didn't like it.

I wish they'd gone with something "new", rather than trying to "create a new timeline"...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
S2 E3 of Voyager (Projections) is on right now, and it's a Doctor centric episode, and this is one of the reasons I love his character so much.

He's crawling around and flinching at Kazon intruders, etc, and attacking people with hyposprays and kitchen whisks...

He's...a hologram. :p

OSUgirl77

I think the fact that the 2009 plot and "enemy" were so similar to Nemesis is part of the reason I really didn't like it.

I wish they'd gone with something "new", rather than trying to "create a new timeline"...
They were similar, but the 2009 movie was much better executed, so I didn't have much of a problem with it. I hope that the third one has its own story though, I don't want another reboot of a previous story line.

StarWarsGirl

They were similar, but the 2009 movie was much better executed, so I didn't have much of a problem with it. I hope that the third one has its own story though, I don't want another reboot of a previous story line.
Looks pretty promising from what I've read about it.

Three new female characters are being added. Another Federation Captain, who is female,

I think it'd be cool with one of the films to bring back Dax. Not Jadzia obviously, but one of the previous hosts. I believe it was the host before Kurzon, Emony, at the time. Would be interesting.

StarWarsGirl

S2 E3 of Voyager (Projections) is on right now, and it's a Doctor centric episode, and this is one of the reasons I love his character so much.

He's crawling around and flinching at Kazon intruders, etc, and attacking people with hyposprays and kitchen whisks...

He's...a hologram. :p
Isn't that the episode where the Doctor was on the holodeck, and a hologram of Barclay appears and tells him he's really Louis Zimmerman and that he's actually a real person, and Kes is his wife?

Okay, clearly I spend too much time on this.

StarWarsGirl

That was Spiner's choice. He said that androids don't age so it would be too difficult to portray Data the same.
That's true, but in the TNG Series Finale where Picard experienced that potential future, Data had decided to age slightly in order to make himself more human. So theoretically, he could have aged by choice in order to have a more human experience.

Or they could have just gotten Jim Parsons to take over the role if Brent Spiner didn't want to do it anymore.
data-big-bang-theory-sheldon.png

;)

StarWarsGirl

I actually didn't get into DS9 until around the third season. I only watched it occasionally before that, so that's probably why I didn't have a problem with him. I do know what you mean though.
I did the same thing with Voyager. I started watching at season 4 when Seven of Nine came on. Before I started watching Voyager, I had a fascination with Seven of Nine, so when they were showing the series all the way through on Spike, my mom had me start watching it with her when season 4 began since I wanted to know what happened with Seven of Nine. I had seen an episode here and there before then, like the episode in season 3 where the Ferangi that got caught in the wormhole in TNG reappeared in Voyager (yes I know what season that episode was; the episode was called False Profits. :facepalm: I know way too much about all of this) and maybe one or two others, but I only really got into it in season 4. By then, other aspects of the series had me hooked as well. Tom and B'Elanna got involved, the Doctor had developed more, Harry and Tom's friendship had developed, overall the series just got much, much better after adding Seven of Nine.

G00fyDad

That's true, but in the TNG Series Finale where Picard experienced that potential future, Data had decided to age slightly in order to make himself more human. So theoretically, he could have aged by choice in order to have a more human experience.

Or they could have just gotten Jim Parsons to take over the role if Brent Spiner didn't want to do it anymore.
data-big-bang-theory-sheldon.png

;)

I know, but I think Spiner meant more about the skin aging. Data's skin wouldn't have aged, but his would. I know they could have played it off as Data trying to truly imitate real age, but I don't think he desired to go that route.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom