Who Is Your Favorite Disney Villain.

AdventureHasAName

Kathleen Kennedy.
For me, it's the Lucasfilm office drone with Luke Skywalker's face crossed out.

luke-skywalkers-face-exxed-out.png

Heppenheimer

I'll go with Hans from Frozen.

He may be a manipulative usurper, but he seems to be the only one who can look beyond himself and realize that Arendelle is in crisis and needs to be governed. Elsa effectively abdicated without leaving a regent, which historically has shown to be a disaster for a country ruled as a monarchy. Hans' motives aren't pure, but at least he realizes there's a problem that needs to be addressed, since Elsa can't be bothered to fulfill her duties as a sovereign. You know, the whole reason she gets to live a cushy lifestyle as a member of the 0.0001%.

As you can tell, I'm not a fan of Elsa in this movie.

donnylambb

Original Poster
I'll go with Hans from Frozen.

He may be a manipulative usurper, but he seems to be the only one who can look beyond himself and realize that Arendelle is in crisis and needs to be governed. Elsa effectively abdicated without leaving a regent, which historically has shown to be a disaster for a country ruled as a monarchy. Hans' motives aren't pure, but at least he realizes there's a problem that needs to be addressed, since Elsa can't be bothered to fulfill her duties as a sovereign. You know, the whole reason she gets to live a cushy lifestyle as a member of the 0.0001%.

As you can tell, I'm not a fan of Elsa in this movie.
lol you missed your calling you should write for Disney

LittleBuford

For me, it's the Lucasfilm office drone with Luke Skywalker's face crossed out.

luke-skywalkers-face-exxed-out.png
That isn't her desk.

Lucasfilm social media team member Justin Bolger also came out on social media to acknowledge that the picture of the X-marked Luke had actually been on his desk, explaining that he had been a fan of the Galactic Empire and was personally against the Rebel Alliance.​

AdventureHasAName

Why do you consider Justin Bolger a villain?
He's emblematic of Lucasfilm's current hatred of Luke Skywalker (and all things original trilogy). It's almost cliché that "The Last Jedi"-era Lucasfilm would employ someone who hates the character the company was founded on the back of so much that he has a photo of him with a big large X across his face decorating his cubicle (which itself is emblematic of a miserable office worker existence).

"Why does this company exist?"

"Because almost the entirety of the world loved Luke Skywalker, and his journey to becoming a Jedi and saving the galaxy, in the late 70s and early 80s."

"Well, then I hate him. Let's make a movie about how he sucks now, is lonely and miserable, tried to kill his nephew, and doesn't want to have anything to do with the Jedi anymore."

LittleBuford

He's emblematic of Lucasfilm's current hatred of Luke Skywalker (and all things original trilogy). It's almost cliché that "The Last Jedi"-era Lucasfilm would employ someone who hates the character the company was founded on the back of so much that he has a photo of him with a big large X across his face decorating his cubicle (which itself is emblematic of a miserable office worker existence).

"Because almost the entirety of the world loved Luke Skywalker, and his journey to becoming a Jedi and saving the galaxy, in the late 70s and early 80s."

"Well, then I hate him. Let's make a movie about how he sucks now, is lonely and miserable, tried to kill his nephew, and doesn't want to have anything to do with the Jedi anymore."
Since you seem to have missed it the first time around:

Lucasfilm social media team member Justin Bolger also came out on social media to acknowledge that the picture of the X-marked Luke had actually been on his desk, explaining that he had been a fan of the Galactic Empire and was personally against the Rebel Alliance.

In other words, it was intended as a silly joke, not as the ideological statement that some (mis)took it as.

AdventureHasAName

Since you seem to have missed it the first time around:

Lucasfilm social media team member Justin Bolger also came out on social media to acknowledge that the picture of the X-marked Luke had actually been on his desk, explaining that he had been a fan of the Galactic Empire and was personally against the Rebel Alliance.

In other words, it was intended as a silly joke, not as the ideological statement that some (mis)took it as.
If you had looked at his Twitter account, you'd see that there are a bunch of (paraphrase) "I really hate Luke Skywalker" posts and, probably not surprisingly, posts on how great Star Trek is. As I said, the guy is a cliche.

Alanzo

Adulthood hits hard!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom