Who is going to WDW?

Wendy Pleakley

Gotcha! I forget about that part! 🤦‍♀️

Yeah, it's not comparable to "big brother" as providing the information and agreeing to quarantine is a condition of flying right now.

This is all too much. I'm so sorry. My state is rather touristy and we've seen SO MANY "banned" license plates all over. You can't just profile people and seal off borders. Apply common sense safety rules where you can but a majority of the cases are likely coming from households and exceptionally close contact.

All we can do is focus on what we can control, and encourage people to be responsible otherwise.

We can't close off land borders, but collecting information as a tool of enforcing quarantines for people who fly is something that can be done.

Dan Deesnee

4 day no kids trip planned during a convention we're attending in early October. Staying at Boardwalk.

11 day trip in mid November, half at Poly and half at either Boardwalk or Bay Lake.

Spring trip in March looking to stay at Grand Floridian.

If the world is back to normal by November next year we're planning a 2 week Christmas blowout in the Bay Lake tower 3 bedroom grand whatever it's called room.

JIMINYCR

Schools.

If you fly, you're on the list. The list goes to the schools and your kids won't be allowed in.
Well that takes care of those who do fly... but a lot of people drive. Also certain states are saying they will give parents the option to have their kids go back to a school or keep online education in place. So again, as my original post was pointing out, theres no enforcement and people returning from Disney can opt to follow the 14 days of quarantine guidelines or not.

Graham9

I have penciled in November next year. But this will depend on the state of the parks and coronavirus nearer the time.

Herdman

We're scheduled for the last week of October. It will certainly be a different kind of trip for us, but I'm looking forward to a reduced crowd and more relaxed atmosphere and tour of the parks. I think Disney announcing that a couple more resorts now have no reopening dates that the crowds won't be significantly more in the fall than they are now.

HollyAD

I've looked at prices for the Fall because I'm going a bit stir crazy and thinking "what if I take a trip that I shouldn't really be taking at this time..."

$300 a night for Carribean Beach. $200 for Pop Century. Do they not want any guests, or do they just feel with reduced capacity they can fill the limited inventory at high rack rates?
There are so many off-site deals right now that I can not imagine paying $200 a night for Pop Century. I can do gaylord, hyatt regency, JW marriott for less, even taking parking and resort fees into consideration.

Wendy Pleakley

There are so many off-site deals right now that I can not imagine paying $200 a night for Pop Century. I can do gaylord, hyatt regency, JW marriott for less, even taking parking and resort fees into consideration.

For me, right now, I'd be more comfortable staying in that "Disney bubble" where health and safety seems to be both a priority and consistently enforced. That may be a bit irrational, but avoiding contact with the "outside world" feels reassuring right now.

HollyAD

For me, right now, I'd be more comfortable staying in that "Disney bubble" where health and safety seems to be both a priority and consistently enforced. That may be a bit irrational, but avoiding contact with the "outside world" feels reassuring right now.
I don't blame you and I share that same anxiety. I have traveled a little during COVID to work for a different hospital system. Hilton and IHG have been exceptionally clean in my experience. No one enters your room once you check-in. So no housekeeping but they will give you towels, take trash, etc. I take my own supplies and clean the rooms too lol. Masks were enforced at Holiday Inn but not that much at some Hilton properties. I booked the Gaylord but I think I will switch to something else as it gets closer.

KBLovedDisney

Something tells me going right now would not be a very magical experience.

Covid still spreading
More rides breaking
No park-hopping
Less Options for Dining

...And a partridge in a pear tree.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I have sometimes been entertaining self by putting trips into my Disney experience to play.....love the little fairy godmother who keeps popping up trying to help...…might be fun to chat with her at some point, but since I am not actually considering booking at this time it seems rather moot.....;)

Wendy Pleakley

I think the only silver lining to going now are the ridiculously short wait times and the lack of crowds.

And the old school experience of just showing up and riding what you want with reasonable wait times.

I went last January and my first day was at Disney Studios. As a result I could only get a Slinky Dog Fastpass for after 6 PM. The choices were basically: a) book the ride 60 days in advance (and still be stuck in that park all day waiting for Fastpass time), show up before rope drop and maybe wait a shorter time, or suffer through a 2 or 3+ hour standby line.

I'm not anti-Fastpass but the current conditions do hold some appeal.

Disney World also appears relatively safe right now. Temperature checks, masks, and social distancing all enforced. I'd feel safer there than many public places.

Last edited:

Beacon Joe

I was just there and have family members there right now. It was fine.

The lack of Brazilian noise was refreshing. Though they were noticeably absent two years ago during that country's recession.

All in all, I'm glad we went. A certain "magic" was definitely missing - the utter lack of facial expressions does have a jarring and negative impact. And don't get me started on communication problems when trying to listen to somebody wearing a mask who is also behind a plastic barrier, LOL. And some CMs were jerks, particularly in Star Wars land... I get it, they were enforcing certain guest numbers and traffic flow restrictions, but guests weren't informed or otherwise made aware of these restrictions until a CM would get in your face for violating an unpublished rule. Still - very much worth it to experience the parks without FastPass+ nonsense and being able to re-ride rides so much. In terms of percentage of rides that were sub 5-minute waits or walk-ons, I haven't experienced a Disney park like that since Disneyland in the early 1980s.

Andrew M

If was an AP and we had someone to watch the kids I'd probably go. But between the 14-day quarantine into and out of Florida here in NY and the fact that tickets are still full price for not the full experience, it's just not worth it. The second this is all over however, I'm going down for two weeks lol

Herdman

I would certainly not recommend anyone going if this is your first time, but if you've been several times before and go somewhat frequently I think this a great chance to experience the parks in a different way. If the virus is your concern over whether you go then it's not going to matter if everything is open or not. At this point in time, I think the parks are doing the best they can to keep everyone safe. Our question for our trip in October is whether we end up flying or driving, not whether we go or not.

DfromATX

Our last trip was June 2018 and, believe it or not, we hardly noticed any large tour groups at all! It was really nice. I just recently booked a trip for January for just my husband and me. We have adult kids who usually go with us, but not this time. Also, we plan for only 2 park days instead of our usual 5. I figured if things get worse, we can always cancel. We have until Christmas to decide. I've been watching a lot of the video bloggers and with the way things are I feel comfortable going (for now).

Capsin4

We’re planning a couple weeks in FL over Christmas if things don’t get worse. Disney is still a toss up depending on their promotions, if they offer any. Uni is pretty much set.

DfromATX

The states are making you fill out a questionnaire when you land at one of their airports.

Is this a new thing (like in recent weeks)? My husband travels a lot for work and has already gone to a few different states in the last couple of months - one including CA, which I admit made us a little nervous. He said they didn't ask him anything and our state is also one of the bad states. Next week he's going to Colorado. He takes all the precautions he can. So far so good and, yes, he quarantines himself after each trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom