Who is going to WDW?

Vivecka

We go next week and my heart wants it so bad. I keep getting sucked into the worst case scenarios but I was counting the days to this trip. I need it mentally. I don't know what to do.

bryanfze55

I've looked at prices for the Fall because I'm going a bit stir crazy and thinking "what if I take a trip that I shouldn't really be taking at this time..."

$300 a night for Carribean Beach. $200 for Pop Century. Do they not want any guests, or do they just feel with reduced capacity they can fill the limited inventory at high rack rates?

I wouldn’t stay onsite right now. There’s no incentive to at all. Renting a car and paying the parking fee is much cheaper. I’ve been poking around, and you can find perfectly good Marriott hotels for $70 per night right now with free parking and breakfast. It’s so tempting.

stratman50th

We would go if we didn't have school starting in a few weeks, have to take a nearly 6-hr flight from Seattle, and knew for sure we could get a decent price on resort and tickets! But DH and myself don't want to be on an airplane that long.
For what it's worth.. My daughter came to visit last month. She flew from Seattle to Orlando (and back) and it was fine. She said the flights weren't full and she felt the flights themselves were safe. (Alaska Air). Pretty good prices too. They did cancel her return flight because it wasn't full enough, but that was the only glitch. Just some added info in case you wanted to throw it into the decision process.

So now that WDW is ‘reopened’ who is actually going?
In my previous visits I would always notice a lot of foreigners. Large groups from Brazil, Asia and a lot of European people. I would also see a lot of youth/college groups from the US. (Cheer camps, dance groups and sports leagues). But now that that travel is restricted and youth/ school are all but closed if not virtual, who is going to the parks?
Is it just AP holders and people who already had a trip planned?
Also, in the past WDW Resort guests made up a large group of park goers, but most of the hotels are still closed.

We were supposed to leave tomorrow, but we cancelled. 12 days with masks night and day in the heat just didn't seem worth it. We have 3 trips booked, November, February and April!

Moka

August 14th Animal Kingdom, then I’ve got other parks for September 5th and September 26th.

We definitely don’t want to pay for a hotel though.

Wendy Pleakley

For what it's worth.. My daughter came to visit last month. She flew from Seattle to Orlando (and back) and it was fine. She said the flights weren't full and she felt the flights themselves were safe. (Alaska Air). Pretty good prices too. They did cancel her return flight because it wasn't full enough, but that was the only glitch. Just some added info in case you wanted to throw it into the decision process.

Anyone travelling should also keep in mind that these conditions could change. Alaska Airlines for example, only has capacity limits and blocked seats through September 30. A flight could fill up quickly because they sometimes need to rebook passengers due to other flights being cancelled.

If airlines do temperature checks and enforce masks, flying may be safe? I'd be curious to know what percentage of flights have been exposed to COVID. I see local news articles listing impacted flights, but doesn't tell me how common the occurrence is.

JIMINYCR

The only thing keeping me from going on my Sept trip is a mandatory 14 day quarantine upon returning.
So let me bring this up.... You may be responsible and will do the right thing. But whose really enforcing the 14 days mandatory quarantine for those who choose to do nothing?? Here in Maine ( the Vacationland) the governor also set up protocols for out of staters coming in. As summer began and since then out of staters have come in and when the police have been notified that people were not following the guidelines... they dont take any real measures to enforce. This was part of an article in a local paper :
Chief Putnam looks at this quarantine similar to the honor system, she says "People need to respect each other and the process."
Deputy Chief Michael Nugent of the Kennebunk Police Department says "we're not chasing people down. We can't make assumptions, maybe it's an essential person who is here. Nugent says they're focusing on education, not enforcement.
Cumberland County Sheriff Kevin Joyce says he is counting on voluntary compliance. "If we receive a complaint we will send a deputy to educate the person about the quarantine but trying to build a case or enforce the order is unrealistic."
So out of state visitors going to the parks, from states requiring 14 days, can return home and choose quarantining or not.

Going Aug 26-30. Daughter and BF going Sept 24-28. We just got back from universal(13-16). Flights were 1/3 full, park about the same.
Had dinner inside at City Walk and Disney Springs(STK). Wearing mask all day not as rough as we thought, get used to it pretty quick

MissViv

I had a solo trip planned for last week of October but cancelled today. I am a little bummed but I think it was the right thing to do. Florida is a terrible mess right now and I don't see it getting any better anytime soon.

Good luck to those who do decide to go! Maybe I will get to go in 2021.

NelleBelle

Just for fun, I looked at Alaska to use our companion fare for a flight from SEA to MCO...the 2 fares were $500+ :jawdrop: That was for next month for an "imaginary week" before our kids' school starts (their private school starts 8/25, so tight on a real timeline if seriously interested in going). This is why we're going to plan a big road trip and drive with our airstream to FL next summer when the kids get out of school the end of May. We just can't do the crazy $$ airfare. But great to know that your daughter had a good experience when she flew down to visit you. We pretty much will only fly Alaska (hence my not shopping around for other fares, we're totally loyal this airline as we've never had an issue that wasn't made right with them--plus, if you wear your Seahawks jersey, you used to get early boarding) 😉

RevRemy

We are 100% in to our trip in the end of September, even added an extra night. Just did ADR today. We went to Wyoming in June and felt safe on airplanes. We are driving to WDW and will not leave the Disney bubble until we head home.

NelleBelle

Schools.

If you fly, you're on the list. The list goes to the schools and your kids won't be allowed in.
WOW!! What big-brother school district is this that they have personal travel history and don't allow your kids in? Seriously, had no clue a school could do such a thing (knew they could have rules about unexcused absences for vacation, etc, but this is new).

mickeymiss

WOW!! What big-brother school district is this that they have personal travel history and don't allow your kids in? Seriously, had no clue a school could do such a thing (knew they could have rules about unexcused absences for vacation, etc, but this is new).

This is all too much. I'm so sorry. My state is rather touristy and we've seen SO MANY "banned" license plates all over. You can't just profile people and seal off borders. Apply common sense safety rules where you can but a majority of the cases are likely coming from households and exceptionally close contact.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The states are making you fill out a questionnaire when you land at one of their airports.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom