Who have ever been to DLP ?

Drewper

Bin a few times. The first time was on a bit of a whim and (i think) was better for the non-planning.

That would have been about 1998. we went by car and I completely miscalculated how long it would take to get there (we came from NE England) and we stopped off in Arras overnight. This was a great opportunity for my DW to test her A Level French!.

It was a great trip, cost a fortune, but all the better for having our DD almost 3yrs and baby son in the buggy and seeing their reactions to all the characters etc.

The best thing of all was after we had been home about three weeks a letter dropped through the door saying our DD had won a competition she had been entered in by her grandmother and the prize.... a weekend away to DLRP accomodation in Sequoia Lodge with flights from Newcastle - Doh! could've saved all that money!!!:hammer:

That trip was Brillliant - it was the Winnie The Pooh friendship weekend and we all got embroidered denim shirts, baseball caps, backpacks etc to keep as mementos. and, best of all, we got to take part in a parade up main street together with hundreds of others from all over Europe. I can still remember the sight of hundreds and hundreds of yellow balloons. It really was special.

Since then we have been back three times (once in December at Newport Bay in 2005) and are going again on 20th Dec for three nights. Christmas Davy Crockett Ranch here we come!!!!

lorenita

being there twice

and i like it, but dw is muuuuuuuuuuuch better,
the only thing that i didnt like was the parade, every one was like pushing every one, and didnt like it

kirstenoel

I've been 7 times - with family at first, then school + friends!! I love it... going back in 3 days - haven't been for a few years, as I've been going to WDW Orlando instead.
I've read some negative comments in the forums and really hope there's nothing to worry about - with rude staff etc?!

Jellyfish

I'm planning on going next year. Unless Harry Potter land opens in which case Mum wants to take us back to Florida, so i'd just spend all my time in Disney :) and go to DLP the next year with friends.

k.hunter30

I went in January of 2002... I think... :lookaroun Unfortunately, the only things I remember are the bitter cold, the square-shaped trees, the sleeping dragon and Space Mountain. I need to go back!

CAPTAIN HOOK

We live just across the Channel and have NEVER been - and while the sun continues to shine (very warmly) on WDW we have no intention of going to DLP

chewingum2491

I've ever been twice. I'll go in two weeks and many times during the summer holiday! That's great! Especially Dineyland park because I don't reall like Walt Disney Studios but I like The Tower of Terror.

vanessa king

I was there bonfire night 2006; we stayed at the Santa fe

Me and my boyfriend went over, and we loved it we were only there for 4 days but I had a brilliant time, it was cold but I didn’t mind I thought it added to the atmosphere.

I loved it that much it prompted me to book WDW in Florida which I came back from 3 weeks ago, (it’s the best place in the world) I must say though I thought the big rides like the rockin rollercoaster and space mountain are a lot better in Paris than Florida, I cant comment on the tower of terror because it wasn’t open when we were at Paris.

But any way I will definitely go back to Paris, after my next trip to Florida in 3 months whoooo, probably be around November again when it’s colder.

BensMum

Been to WDW 5 times and DLRP 3 times. Orlando wins hands down every time, but Paris serves as a quick fix to ease the Disney withdrawal symptoms. Paris loses out big time because of the number of guests who don't appreciate queuing and taking your turn. All our character photos from WDW show the character and our family - in Paris, it's the character and everyone else crowding round and pushing to be next and not caring if they trample on your child in the process . Paris for two days and I've had enough - Orlando for two weeks is nowhere near enough. Oh - and the smoking in the park in Paris is YUK!!

kirstenoel

Been to DLRP 8 times now and plan on going back many more!! Stayed in almost all the hotels there now... just a few left to try out... Last time I went was April 08, but giving it a miss next year and off to WDW instead - for the 4th time!! :lol::lol:

DTM93

^ Wow I have only been to DLP once haha

I have just come back, I went on 21st May 2008 and came back on 26th May 2008 and I loved every second and now thanks to DLP we are going to WDW next year *fingers crossed*

adrianuk91

I have been twice, once in feb of 2000 (I think) and then last october I think that we probably under appreciate certain aspects of theming and such as both times we have een it has been rather nippy and cold so it was more lets go from one attraction to another instead of taking a leisurely stoll across the park. however it did mean that we appreciated the warmness of PoTC there especially last october when it was about 3-5 degrees C. Its ok but is nowhere near as good as WDW (IMO)

Flounder_de

I've been there many, many times. It's not that far away from my home and since we're Anual Passholders it's kinda affordable. So as long as I have to money for the next trip to the World I go to Paris to suppress the desire to go back to WDW :rolleyes: The last time I was there was for my bday last month and we'll return at the beginning of July when we're on our way back from our summer holiday in South France ... but for me it's nothing but a painkiller :D

Cheers,
Flounder

Spike-in-Berlin

I was there in 1997. But it was just like I expected, cannot hold a candle to WDW. SM is by far superior to the WDW-version and I liked the Indiana Jones rollercoaster. But I missed the Disney-feeling. I never had the feeling "I am there" and I will always prefer WDW or perhaps DL, as I was never there so far i cannot judge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom