Who has seen Cirque du Soleil-La Nouba?

Firewolfe51

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me about La Nouba? We were thinking of going in Dec. for our MVMCP trip. Any input would be great. Is it worth the money? Thanks. :)

Tigger1988

Firewolfe51 said:
Can anyone tell me about La Nouba? We were thinking of going in Dec. for our MVMCP trip. Any input would be great. Is it worth the money? Thanks. :)

Really expensive. Im sure there will be tons of people coming down on me for this, but..I personally didn't like it. And im the type that LOVES weird abstract stuff. Its really a "love it or hate it" type thing. So im not going to say don't go, because you might quite possibly love it.

Damien666

I have seen La Nouba and I loved it! If you have seen any other Cirque live,then you will like it. If you have seen any Vegas Cirque, La Nouba is not as big as O or Mystere, but it is really good. La Nouba has the best fast track/trampoline act of any Cirque!

For some info on La Nouba and other Cirque's, go to

www.cirquedusoleil.com

PhotoDave219

wdwprincess03 said:
Eh. It was okay. Rather go see Festival of the Lion King....

Thats because youre uncultured.

Cirque was by far one of the most impressive things ive ever seen. I loved it and am planning on going to see it again.

kal1484

PhotoDave219 said:
Thats because youre uncultured.

Cirque was by far one of the most impressive things ive ever seen. I loved it and am planning on going to see it again.

I'm entitled to my own opinion thank you. Depending on what age the others with her are, they may feel the same. I was giving my opinion thank you.

SpectroMan

Unlike a couple of people on here, I believe that La Nouba is the best show on property. Think Festival of the Lion King times 50. If you enjoy yourself at a circus than you should be just fine at La Nouba. The acts are ten times better and the music is just amazing.

In La Nouba, there are some things that are very abstract, but what is great about the show is that you can read into as much as you want to. You can just see it as the circus coming to a monotonous city or anything greater than that.

If you have seen another Cirque show than you know what you are up for, but if you have not, go and see it. You will either like it or not like it, but I know it has appealed to my family including grandparents, parents, and cousins of all ages. Most likely you will find that you will want to see more of the Cirque shows.

DocAudio

Being a tech guy. La Nouba was incredible. I enjoyed it thoroughly. It fits in well with Disney because of the creativity and innovation in the show. I felt like the price was a little high but it was worth doing once in my life since I will probably not see another Cirque show anywhere else, although "Ka'" in Vegas sounds very intriguing.

Dukeblue1016

La Nouba was wellllll worth the money, excellent show! I actually came across the DVD for the show a few months ago and so I bought it and its obviously not the same, and no one should watch the dvd without seeing it live first (unless they absolutely aren't going to see it live). But its an incredible show and you should definitely look into doing it!

lebeau

Expensive? Yes.

Worth every penny and then some? Yes.

I would consider it a must-do even at the high ticket price. And compared to similar shows in Vegas, it's a steal.

Aurora_25

I thought it was wonderful and well worth the money. I would love to see it again, but it's hard to when you have a 6 year old and a 18 month old who can't sit still long enough to watch it....

hcswingfield

I've seen it twice. It's incredible, and worth every penny. We don't see it every time we go to Disney, but it is on the list of things we spurge on.

All I can Say is WOW!

Plus
~Great Music
~Great Performers
~Absolutely Amazing
~Well Worth THe cost
and
~It's enjoyable for Kids and adults!!!

hope this helps. I for one enjoyed the show along with my whole family. Ages where 8 11 16 17 40 41. We all enjoyed it. (and i think we cover every age group.)

Scooter

La Nouba was good.
I was impressed but not impressed enough to ever go back.
I thought it was not worth the high ticket price.
It was a must see once thing for me.
If someone on a tight budget ask me if they should go I would advise them to skip it.

MSTINKHERBELL01

I really loved it!!! It was the best birthday present i've ever gotten! The beauty and awe of the show.....:dazzle: !!! I'll be seeing this again in October (another birthday gift)!

First off, i dont think theres really a bad seat in the house, so you can go for the cheaper seats and still enjoy yourself very much. Second, its great. I was very skeptical at first because even if I am not completely "cultured" (i dont like to use that word because its a term of arrogance) i am sometimes put off by things like that. plus i was in disney world, i thought id rather be on rides. plus when i heard it was a circus with no animals, i thought it was going to be a lot of ribbon dancing and weird signing... which there is, but a WHOLE lot more. the show was really enjoyable. a little weird at times, but it all comes together in the end, and it really works. would i go see it again? probably not unless someone else was paying (im a poor college student, haha) but i would definitely go check out any of the other shows around the world. the show on tv which they do sometimes is definitely nothing compared to seeing it live. so if you have some cash, id check it out.

FanofDinsey1981

I went with 5 other adults for my parents 30th anniversary gift, and we had a blast. I saw the Vareki (sp?) show in chicago a month earlier, and it amazes me how different the shows are.

The BMX biking part is a bit outdated, especially with ESPNs coverage of the extreme sports, but it is still amazing.

they occasionally run deals for kids tickets, so if you are bringing along any kids under9, check it out.
:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom