who gets the postcards?

faithful

I am always reading about discount codes people receive on postcards from WDW. I was wondering, has anyone ever figured out the profile disney is using to determine who is mailed these cards? Is it folks who visit multiple times a year? If you've ever gotten a card let me know and give us your words of wisdom...thanks:)

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by faithful
I am always reading about discount codes people receive on postcards from WDW. I was wondering, has anyone ever figured out the profile disney is using to determine who is mailed these cards? Is it folks who visit multiple times a year? If you've ever gotten a card let me know and give us your words of wisdom...thanks:)

I think its annual pass holder who get the discounts in the mail.

Upvote 0

Tramp

We are annual passholders and we have never received any special discounts in the mail. As annual passholders, we are entitled to the AP rate but we find these rates are never available to us when we visit.

I was told long ago by a maid in the Grand Floridian that Disney targets certain ethnic groups for discounts such as Puerto Ricans, Afro-Americans, South Americans, etc. I don't know how true this is as it came on the heels of her complaining about how Brazilian Tour Groups wrecked the rooms.

Upvote 0

faithful

Original Poster
thats the kind of info I was looking for, and now I know it probably is not worth pursuing as I cant change my ethnic background. If I it had been club members, frequent visitors etcetera maybe. thanks

Upvote 0

TinkerBell

We just got a post card for a discounted rate at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We arent annual pass holders or a minority group,but we are members of the Disney Club. Maybe thats how we were selected to recieve the card.

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I have heard that they send the post cards out to those who do not visit very often. Disney knows that they don't need to send cards to those of us who go every year because we will go reguardless. :)
We have never been lucky enough to recieve a post card from the Disney Club, but then we are STILL waiting to receive our Disney Magazine. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

faithful

Original Poster
I had to call the Disney Club number and the magazine phone number to get my prescription started. I used to pay to subscribe and cancelled when I was suppose to get it for free and then I never received the magazine I anxiously waited for. Heck there are only 4 magazines a year. As soon as I called they started. I believe the # at the mag was 800-333-8734. Stop by the Disney Store and they can give you the number to the Disney Club. Good Luck...I like the pictures.

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Thanks for the info Faithful. We have tried that already, we've called three times over the past year. They even sent us a new card and welcome package but still no magazine. I think call number 4 is on the horizon.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom