Who Else Hides Items @ WDW???

LandBoatride

LOL, too funny. Yes, you are not alone in this game :)

If anyone found an object near the exit of the Tiki Room in the last 3 months, I would like it back. You know what Im talking about if you found it, it was very out of place there.

Hmmm, we have a few other things hidden but Im not willing to divulge what or where. Suffice to say, the trinkets you win at the Contemporary arcade make great hiding toys :)

Hints for others trying to hide stuff:

1) Dont be overly obvious or stray off paths too much, you might arouse the suspicion of CMs or security.

2) Dont hide anything that can be affected by weather. In other words, dont hide stuff, for example, outside where rain or wind will dislodge it, flood it out, or blow it away. If you hide outside, make sure the item is either wedged in the place or something to that effect. A good example would be the stone wall that runs by the sidewalk near the Riverboat dock queue. (Liberty Square) I would also imagine the stone wall along the back of peco's Bill's is a good place too, hint hint.

3) Dont hide stuff in queue areas with long lines - these are very hard to check when the line is long. While it is fun to check for items u have hidden, it isnt fun to wait in line an hour just to check for it.

4) Dont hide where something would be cleaned or constantly checked, ie in light fixtures (burnt out bulbs are replaced!) however, lodging behind a light fixture may work.

5) Nighttime is good for hiding in terms of people dont notice u as much because its dark out. however, things that may seem well-hidden in the darkness of nite appear very different in daylight.

6) Most important rule: have fun and dont get caught.

IcicleM

This sounds like TOO much fun. :-D I can't wait, when we go back in July, to see what I can find. I'm definetely going to join in and leave tiny things. I'm going to be back in late July, early August, so maybe I'll be seeing something someone has hidden? ^_^ I think I'm going to create my own little symbol, you know? and put it in lots of places around the parks. So, when people find it, it'll be this really artistically drawn "I" and people will know "Hey! That's Icicle's symbol!" heheee. :)

Nansafan

In a summer 2002 trip we had experienced a series of ride break downs. While on Buzz the ride broke down 3 times to the point a CM came and walked everybody off of the ride. While walking through the tunnel room my friend saw an allen wrench on the floor. She picked it up and said, "here's why the ride is breaking." We all laughed and she put it in her purse. Two days later at Epcot, she dropped the allen wrench onto a mechanics tray in the Test Track queue. At Christmas of that year we were back and the allen wrench was still on the tray. The following summer trip we looked again and it was still there. We had forgotten about it until April of this year and when we checked, we didn't see it. Not sure if we forgot where it was supposed to be or if it was removed.

added theming

I added my business card to one of the tool boxes in test track; with all the photos and notes. I keep looking every time I go and it's still there. They have plexi-glass in front but not on the top, a quick flip and in it went; right side up!

JimboJones123

IcicleM said:
This sounds like TOO much fun. :-D I can't wait, when we go back in July, to see what I can find. I'm definetely going to join in and leave tiny things. I'm going to be back in late July, early August, so maybe I'll be seeing something someone has hidden? ^_^ I think I'm going to create my own little symbol, you know? and put it in lots of places around the parks. So, when people find it, it'll be this really artistically drawn "I" and people will know "Hey! That's Icicle's symbol!" heheee. :)

graffati rules!

JimboJones123

Last bad taste post -- I couldn't resist..

I left something in one of the stalls -- I'm sure it's still in a swamp somewhere on property.

MeTa

I hid a penny around the castle when we went down with the family. When I hid it, the date was Thanksgiving 2004. When I came back a year later it was still there and luckily I had my family around because no one would have beleived me. I left it there after so next time I go I can see if it still survives its spot.

Since1976

I left a wad of $50 bills wrapped in a rubber band on a Jungle Cruise boat. I went back two years later and found...the rubber band.

/bad JC joke

Dukeblue1016

Edeyore said:
I left one of my children in 1992. He should be about 17 now, please, feed him as needed. :lol:

Thanks a lot dad.......

by the way, Icicle... I was thinking that exact same thing while reading down the post. Like, I'm really interested in trying this out (although I'll never find a good spot to hide anything) but we should all have a symbol or something so when we find others stuff... we'll know whose it belongs to!

Since1976

I've always thought about leaving one of those fake rocks people use to hide their keys. I could go back on every visit, open the rock and sign a slip of paper with my name and the date, and/or have relatives and friends find the rock and do the same.

("Dear Red, if you're reading this, you've gotten out...")

I never did it because 1) it feels a bit like littering and 2) chances are the fake rock would get moved or cleaned up from normal maintenance and renovation.

I've revealed this idea to all, but please thank me if you decide to try this...

Copyright 2006 Since1976. Heheheheheh....

boudica

This is funny!! I work at the local food stamp officee and we have magnets that say "food stamps make america stronger" maybe I'll take some with me. Feel free to take one if you find it.

Angela

goonie007

Since1976 said:
I've always thought about leaving one of those fake rocks people use to hide their keys. I could go back on every visit, open the rock and sign a slip of paper with my name and the date, and/or have relatives and friends find the rock and do the same.

("Dear Red, if you're reading this, you've gotten out...")

I never did it because 1) it feels a bit like littering and 2) chances are the fake rock would get moved or cleaned up from normal maintenance and renovation.

I've revealed this idea to all, but please thank me if you decide to try this...

Copyright 2006 Since1976. Heheheheheh....

If someone does decide to do something like this :drevil: they should put WDWMAGIC and their username so if one of us does find it they can let them know. :wave:

jeffgn

My son left my video camera bag on the back of a stall door in Animal Kingdom. I can say it didn't last 3 minutes. Never got it back and it was never returned to the lost and found. Lol...I have a sense of humor about it now.

Anyways...That sounds like a lot of fun. I think we will do some searching on our next trip..:)

Jeff-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom