Who’s going to Galaxy’s Edge and when?

When are you going to SW:GE?

• Total voters

The Empress Lilly

I actually have a WDW trip planned during opening weekend, but will likely avoid GE like the plague.

Super curious for it, but I take no delight in being packed like sardines with six million lifestylers and instagrammers. I prefer to have my formative experience of GE be quieter, calmer, with more time to reflect and soak it all in.

I also never see a movie during its first week. I can wait three weeks for a nice, quiet empty theater. :)

mhaftman7

We are at DHS on 8/21 during our trip this year. I have no expectations that we will magically be able to visit the land. Would it be nice? Sure, but I’m not getting anyone’s hopes up. We will be booking our August 2020 trip before we leave, so HOPEFULLY it won’t be super crowded and we can at least do RotR next year.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
We were holding reservation for AP previews and opening weekend. But had unexpected surgery that I’ll just barely be back to “normal duty” at that point and navigating GE with a little one was not going to be an option so I had to cancel. :(

DisneyMama830

In the Parks
No
We booked our trip for 8/27-9/1 back in March before the opening day announcement, assuming that GE would open well after we got home. So we’re going to try to check it out while we’re there. It’ll all depend for us on actual crowd levels and whether they do something like a virtual queue or not. We’re all Star Wars fans, but my husband and I are not up for being in a crush of humanity with our 7-year-old and 2-year-old. We’re keeping our plans for the 29-31 relatively flexible so we’ll see what happens.

Tonto

I actually have a WDW trip planned during opening weekend, but will likely avoid GE like the plague.

Super curious for it, but I take no delight in being packed like sardines with six million lifestylers and instagrammers. I prefer to have my formative experience of GE be quieter, calmer, with more time to reflect and soak it all in.

I also never see a movie during its first week. I can wait three weeks for a nice, quiet empty theater. :)
Exactly what I’m doing. 4 days at Disney, and 3 at Universal during GE opening.

JustAFan

Like others, I have already had a trip planned for this November. I'll visit Galaxy's Edge, but was going to WDW regardless.

Surfin' Tuna

I'm sure it will still be crazy busy, but I don't think it will be what we all thought. Several people have told me they are waiting for RotR to open before going, others are simply trying to avoid the crowds, but I have not seen an overwhelming number of people saying they are going at or around opening. This includes both local and out of town people. That doesn't mean I am crazy enough to go on opening day, but it is in line with what this thread seems to indicate.

monykalyn

Already had a trip planned for HHN at Universal mid September. Still have a couple days on a NE ticket and thought why not pop over to see GE? Booked a throwaway for the extra EMH. It’ll be a tiring day so who knows, maybe I’ll take a nap in throwaway room before heading back to Universal.

If crowds don’t materialize I’ll probably cancel the room...

The_Jobu

I'm with you. I'll check it out whenever I'm there next, but based on the reviews I'm in no rush.

Mrs Potts

I'm another one going within the first month by accident. We already had our trip planned for September. I've read conflicting information about whether FP will be available for Smuggler's Run. Thoughts?

Minnesota disney fan

I'm in the "on the next trip whenever that is" crowd!
We might be going out West next Spring, and will stop in at Disneyland and SW too.
Otherwise, it will be 2021:(

KikoKea

Had booked 26 Sept-3 Oct in hopes of getting in our Fall trip before SWL opened, but that didn't work out. We'll go over there to see it, and will ride if the line isn't too long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom