Whispering Canyon or Boma?

stevedisney

Original Poster
Hello,

I am going to Disney the end of April, beginning of May and was thinking of going to either Whispering Canyon, or Boma and was just trying to see which people recommend?

ZapperZ

For me, it's not even close. Hands down, it's Boma. It has a larger variety, even slightly more exotic than your normal everyday fare. Besides, it isn't as loud as Whispering Canyon.

However, if you have kids, they may prefer Whispering Canyon over Boma.

Zz.

P.S. There is a tea that they have on the menu at Boma called African Autumn. If you drink tea, TRY THIS. It is loose-leaf tea served in a pot (actually, more like a french press), and it is one of the best tasting tea I've ever had.

Sweetums

Will be trying Boma for the first time in two weeks when we are there. Will look forward to the African Autumn! :slurp:

We will also be going to Whispering Canyon because (at least maybe until we've been to Boma) it is my favorite restaurant in WDW. I love the skillets, the atmosphere, the fun. I am in love with the WL altogether.

Again, haven't been to AKL or Boma yet, so maybe this will change. I don't think you could go wrong with either, though.

luna99

ZapperZ said:
P.S. There is a tea that they have on the menu at Boma called African Autumn. If you drink tea, TRY THIS. It is loose-leaf tea served in a pot (actually, more like a french press), and it is one of the best tasting tea I've ever had.

mmmmm... I'm a huge tea lover. :slurp: This Boma place is sounding better and better every second! Thanks to Barnum42's suggestions, I'm going the first weekend of May!

Nicole

Boma, unless you have picky eaters in your party, in which case WC would be a safer bet. I've eaten at both, and Boma is my favorite.

tink rules

Computer Magic said:
depends if you want ketchup or not :lookaroun

DID SOMEONE ASK FOR KETCHUP???????????????????????????

Anyway....

I've been to both just this past December. It depends on what you are going for. Both are good. Boma's a little more exotic. If you have kids, WC is a good choice for a meal because the cm's entertain the kids in between serving you. It's a lot of fun and the food is good. I did breadfast at both and loved both.

If you do go to Boma... don't forget to have the Frunch (juices) served at Breakfast.....

Get ADR's for both - they are both popular and Boma I even had to wait just a couple of minutes. The place is huge and the decor is great.

BRER STITCH

They are two completely different dining experiences so if you can fit both of them in your visit, you will not be dissappointed!

Check the menus to be sure you can eat at each place.

One is buffet...one is family style.

One's menu includes several unique African "specialty dishes...one serves fried chicken and bottoomless milkshakes! :slurp:

One is more "kid-friendly" in terms of menu and "volume"...one is more subdued and relaxing.

The list goes on, but you get my drift. They are both good and should not be missed!

Call for reservations NOW!

ENJOY!

:wave:

ZapperZ

For those of you who are going to Boma and will be trying the African Autumn tea, let me know what you think. I'd love to know if you think it is as good as I think.

:)

I will have to wait till Memorial Day week to be there.

Zz.

Pioneer Hall

Two of my favorites...

If you can try and get to both. They are both worth trying. If I had to pick one, it would depend on what you are looking for though. The food at Boma is better (IMO), but the entertainment at Whispering Canyon is great. If you are looking for good, interesting food try Boma. If you are looking for the entertainment aspect go with Whispering Canyon.

Nicole

tink rules said:
If you do go to Boma... don't forget to have the Frunch (juices) served at Breakfast.....

For the record, you can get the Frunch at night too. It's our favorite.

DanStat

Boma

The food at Boma is much more unique and it's not weird. The buffet allows everyone to eat what they want. The juice they serve is excellent as well. Boma all the way. Whispering Canyon was dry for breakfast.

Kriswoods

Boma!

We stayed that Animal Kingdom Lodge in 2002 and loved Boma! We went back in 2004 and stayed at the Movies Resort but made a special trip to Boma because we loved it so much; and we plan to eat there again during our trip next month--definitely worth trying because there is so much variety and you really feel like you're in Africa!!

Mandyhope

I've been to both, and I definately prefer Boma! The juice at breakfast is fantastic! They also have wonderful coffee. It's very dark and rich. My kids did just fine at Boma's, but like most dining experiences, it's more fun without them! Whispering Canyon was ok. It was just a little noiser than I prefer.

captainhook1974

Whispering Canyon by a hair

Both are fun places to go..I'd give the edge on food to Boma, but the staff at the Whispering Canyon is SOOO great that I'd still rather eat there...We went there about 4 years ago after meeting a wedding planner at the Grand Floridian area...Our server overheard us and brought out desert and champagne for us...really was great...Had similar experience for b-days too...

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Tough call, overactive kids armed with sticks hurtling around the dinning room chasing coconuts or over loud CMs with a mission to reduce ketchup use.

We do both:drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom