Which would you rather see happen first?

Which would you rather see happen first?

• Beastly Kingdom added to Animal Kingdom.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • Switzerland with a Matterhorn-type ride added to World Showcase.

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • A monorail extension to link the theme parks together.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • A Disney villains 3-D attraction and/or ride.

• A Weather pavillion added to Future World in Epcot.

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • A fifth Walt Disney World theme park.

• Total voters

tmp

I really like the idea of Switzerland/Matterhorn. The World showcase needs atleast one e-ticket attraction. As it stands right now, when Space opens, Future World is going to be really busy. I believe a Matterhorn type attration would dispense the crowds better. This is probably the least likely thing to happen, because the are spending all that money on Space in the same park. Any addition is good as long as it is an addition and not a replacement!

goofyfan13

I stand behind the Beastly Kingdom Expansion. All of the other ideas are good but Animal Kingdom needs more done to it before the other parks, or even adding a new park. Switzerland and the weather attraction sound really cool but they really need to make Animal Kingdom an all day park first. And the monorail expansion just will not happen. It costs way too much money.

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Actually, according to ScreamScape, it doesn't appear that Beastly Kingdom will be happening at any point in the near future either.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by YankeeFan
Actually, according to ScreamScape, it doesn't appear that Beastly Kingdom will be happening at any point in the near future either.

I trust Screamscape rumors about Disney about as much as I would trust something my dog told me. That website is very bad with rumors. I guarantee they will say that "Beastly is definitely a go" and then reverse back to saying it's a 'no-go' before the year is out...you could literally e-mail them telling them you had heard a rumor the day before, and it'd be posted on there the next day...and now they are predicting tons of Six Flags expansion, although Six Flags has openly stated they will build nearly nothing next year and their stock dropped about 70% last week...

Regardless, I would love to see Beastlie become a reality...and at least we know Eisner supports this project, even though it doesn't have the money (this project would have been killed long ago had he not supported it...kinda like Fire Mountain and Bald Mountain)

KevinPage

I'm Disney is spending enough money right now between Mission Space and Philharmagic, that we won't see anything else big in 2003 or 2004 even.

Hey, what do I know, and I hope I'm totally wrong in every possible way. But with a slow economy and people spending less money, I'm sure Disney feels that 2 new attractions is more than enough for the time being.

bdhowell

I think two attractions are more than enough! Disney is putting a lot of money into its parks!! Remember they are building another resort in Hong Kong! I think that is pretty impressive with the economy the way it is!!

TiggersPooh

Originally posted by DogsRule!

I trust Screamscape rumors about Disney about as much as I would trust something my dog told me. That website is very bad with rumors. I guarantee they will say that "Beastly is definitely a go" and then reverse back to saying it's a 'no-go' before the year is out...you could literally e-mail them telling them you had heard a rumor the day before, and it'd be posted on there the next day...and now they are predicting tons of Six Flags expansion, although Six Flags has openly stated they will build nearly nothing next year and their stock dropped about 70% last week...

Regardless, I would love to see Beastlie become a reality...and at least we know Eisner supports this project, even though it doesn't have the money (this project would have been killed long ago had he not supported it...kinda like Fire Mountain and Bald Mountain)

would trust something my dog told me.

YOU HAVE A TALKING DOG!!???? wow I want a talking dog!! What other tricks can your dog do???:lol: :wave: :p

Lord Alfred

The monorail expansion and the fifth park are not needed and should be thrown out. All of the other ideas have merit and should be attempted over the next 5-6 years if attendence is to pick up and be maintained. You can't rest on your laurels in this industry anymore. WDW has four parks and each one should receive something new (and good) at least every 3-4 years. Attendence will suffer if you do not. There are too many other places to go where there are new attractions.

pheneix

>>>Remember they are building another resort in Hong Kong!<<<

HKDL is being funded almost entirely by the Chinese government.

jmarc63

Originally posted by pheneix
>>>Remember they are building another resort in Hong Kong!<<<

HKDL is being funded almost entirely by the Chinese government.

The latest new I read is that the Hong Kong Project is running in to oposition from locals, could be a fight to get it built. ??

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by Lord Alfred
The monorail expansion and the fifth park are not needed and should be thrown out. All of the other ideas have merit and should be attempted over the next 5-6 years if attendence is to pick up and be maintained. You can't rest on your laurels in this industry anymore. WDW has four parks and each one should receive something new (and good) at least every 3-4 years. Attendence will suffer if you do not. There are too many other places to go where there are new attractions.

Actually the monorail expansion is more needed than Beastly Kingdom. The fifth park may not be needed at the moment, but it would be a major help if you could get to each park now by means of the monorail.

FutureCEO

I think Switzerland would make a good addition to WS. Beastly Kingdom, I just don't see what the big hype about it. I mean, it doesn't look that good.

yankeeboy1638

Beastly Kingdom is needed badly for Animal Kingdom, as there is simply not much to do in that park. It's a nice park but when I went in July I had done all of the rides by 11:00 when the park opened at 9!!!!
World Showcase also could use the Matterhorn or Mountain ride, but it probably won't happen as all the money will soon be sent to Disneyland for its 50th anniversary and all the rehabs that are rumored to happen. Anyway, a mountain attraction could fit in with most of the pavillions of WS, the only real exceptions of countries without mountains would be Great Britain and Morocco (which does have the Atlas Mts), so Disney should just try to find which sponsors would like having the only ride in WS that people will flock to!:D

The monorail can wait but what ever happened to that rumor of the light rail system to tie everything together. Nevertheless, Disney should try to get rid of the busses, as they must cost a huge amount for maintenance and gas.
And for the fifth park, I cant see this happening for atleast a decade. Attendance is down at the four parks and a fifth park may just saturate the market enough that Orlando will dwindle as a vacation destination, and we don't want that to happen
:fork:

Katherine

I think either the Matterhorn or the Weather thing would be a good addition Epcot needs something and fast. I think it could use the Matterhorn more though. I also think they should make monorails run to each park but it's not a #1 priority.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Well, of the choices given it would have to be a Beastley Kingdom. But what about Disney adding more "teenage type" attractions to its existing parks so as not to lose more custom to IOA ?

MKCustodial

I'd rather see them hiring more "Disney" CMs and taking care of what they already have instead of adding stuff. Everybody is always saying how run down Buzz looks, and how It's a Small World looks bad after such a recent rehab. They should be worrying about what is here so it lasts for the future.

Al

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
Well, of the choices given it would have to be a Beastley Kingdom. But what about Disney adding more "teenage type" attractions to its existing parks so as not to lose more custom to IOA ?

i totally agree. Disney really needs to crack the teenage market :)

ToTBellHop

Animal Kingdom is the park in need of the most...and I don't think Walt would want the monorail going everywhere...he put the monorail in Tomorrowland at disneyland and wanted it to go to Epcot for a reason...cuz the monorail was futuristic...I just can't picture it fitting in at either Animal Kingdom or MGM...

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by Alberrisford

i totally agree. Disney really needs to crack the teenage market :)
Untill teenagers earn as much as us thirty something parents I dont suppose theyll be loosing too much sleep. And Trust me as a parent I have to live with teenagers and to me the biggest fault with IOA its full of other peoples:brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom