Which Week Is Jersey Week

AndreainNY

When we were at WDW in April, we went to Turtle Talk with Crush and even HE told the joke about "what exit" to someone in the audience from Jersey!!!

I laughed when I saw your question - my husband and I are looking at taking a short trip to WDW during Food and Wine, and we are also trying to avoid "Jersey Week". We were there for it in 2003, and we found that the parks weren't too bad, but if I wanted to be around loud obnoxious people, I would stay right here in NY!!! Too many loud family groups and a lot of teenagers.

Upvote 0

vanonid

Our kids are off the 2nd week in November, in Northern NJ. That's been confirmed. So I'm sure most of Jersey is off that week too. We'll be there, again.:)

Upvote 0

fjm777

Original Poster
vanonid said:
Our kids are off the 2nd week in November, in Northern NJ. That's been confirmed. So I'm sure most of Jersey is off that week too. We'll be there, again.:)

Thanks. So just to be clear the week of the 7th?

Sorry if I seem a little brain dead.

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

Jersey week is usually the first or second week in Nov. I've been a bunch of times during Jersey week (being from Jersey myself) and it wasn't bad at all. It's really like a big reunion for Jersey people.....it's great!

Upvote 0

BrerVeritas

fjm777 said:
Thanks. So just to be clear the week of the 7th?

Sorry if I seem a little brain dead.

Just do a search on the NJEA convention. Whenever that is, will be your Jersey Week.
Just out of curiosity, why do you want to know so bad. I mean, we Jerseyens are great people and all, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see me.

P.S. Woo HOO! Parkway 152

Upvote 0

cj2me

It seems like whatever time of the year I go it's Jersey Week. We always run into a lot of people from Jersey.

Hometown Exit 165
Weekends Exit 63

Upvote 0

tazhughes

AliciaLuvzDizne said:
:lol:
no
its against the law to pump your own gas
it takes away jobs

Actually it has nothing to do with jobs, it allows the gas stations to only have about half of the liability insurance that is required if you allow self serve. For anybody in the AC area the Press had a small piece on this last Sunday.

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

cj2me said:
It seems like whatever time of the year I go it's Jersey Week. We always run into a lot of people from Jersey.

Hometown Exit 165
Weekends Exit 63
Check it out! On weekends, you're only 10 miles away from me!
GSPW Exit 74!

Upvote 0

cj2me

SewIn2Disney said:
Check it out! On weekends, you're only 10 miles away from me!
GSPW Exit 74!

Forked River Exit--pretty cool-----
Have you every been to my favorite Breakfast spot in Barnegat - Sweet Jennys

Upvote 0
Ahh... I <3 NJ. I've lived in North (15W NJTP), Central (105 GSP), and South (below exit 1 NJTP). And now I am exit 98 (I believe) from the parkway. I'm right off of Route 9 now (9 is terrrrrrible!)

I never realized that Jersey week thing, but now that I think about it, that is when we went down there. Novemeber in Disney is great. I looooooove the food and wine festival, haha.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

surfsupdon said:
When my sister and I met Cinderella, she asked where our castle was. We said we lived in a sandcastle overlooking the beach in New Jersey, and she quickly replied, "Ohh, how wonderful--what exit?" It was very comical!

Now that is funny, truly funny.

I live in NJ and it gets bad rep that its the Armpit of NY. There are some great areas of NJ and they are mostly on the west side of the state or the southern part of the state.

I live off Route 23 which is off Rt 80 and 287.

And my friends are taking there kids from the 9th to the 13th in Novemeber.

Upvote 0

BrerVeritas

bgraham34 said:
Now that is funny, truly funny.

I live in NJ and it gets bad rep that its the Armpit of NY. There are some great areas of NJ and they are mostly on the west side of the state or the southern part of the state.

I live off Route 23 which is off Rt 80 and 287.

And my friends are taking there kids from the 9th to the 13th in Novemeber.
Where off 23 do you live? That's my favorite part of the state. Nice woods and mountains, its like you've entered a different world. I'm looking to move out that way in the near future and get out of overcrowded essex county.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

All NJ school should have off at least on Thursday & Friday, 11/10-11. Some take off more and then make it up later in the year, but NJ schools all have at least that 4-day weekend. To the best of my memory it's always been two weeks before Thanksgiving, meaning it could be as late as 11/14-15. I didn't know WDW referred to it as "Disney week" until last year when we took a DVC tour. Our agent said we'd be able to come and enjoy Jersey week in November, and we instictively knew what she meant.

Upvote 0

pucks98

This year, many of the schools are out 11/7 through 11/11. This is due to election day and teacher conventions. We are already booked for this week at OKW and visit during the week off every year. It seems as if everyone is there from Jersey that week.

Upvote 0

*PlutoFan*

All of this Jersey talks makes me miss home! :( I can't stand it when people rip on Jersey, most of them have never been there or haven't seen the whole state. I'm from a very nice area in South Jersey, right near the shore, where my parents still live. But anyway, I never knew that that week was called Jersey week. It makes sense I guess, I believe we visited one year at that time. But no matter when we go we seem to run into Jersey people!

Upvote 0

cj2me

I agree, Jersey is pretty good. In fact, a lot of cast members at WDW used to live in Jersey. FLorida has a fast growing "Former Jersey" population, maybe we should call FLA south Jersey

Upvote 0

chucknstuff

Pokeing fun isn't rude

*PlutoFan* said:
All of this Jersey talks makes me miss home! :( I can't stand it when people rip on Jersey, most of them have never been there or haven't seen the whole state. I'm from a very nice area in South Jersey, right near the shore, where my parents still live. But anyway, I never knew that that week was called Jersey week. It makes sense I guess, I believe we visited one year at that time. But no matter when we go we seem to run into Jersey people!

I live off NJ TP exit 5 and 6; RELAX...these are jokes and comments that are made by comidians and TV personalities. And if Disney CM's do it, does that mean it's wrong. I was born in Miami, FL. I do not get ed off when they say things like "Little Cuba", Banana Boat, or "So, how many strokes does it take to get to Freedom?"

Just take it tounge and cheek.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

cj2me said:
I agree, Jersey is pretty good. In fact, a lot of cast members at WDW used to live in Jersey. FLorida has a fast growing "Former Jersey" population, maybe we should call FLA south Jersey

I read/heard in several places that NJ residents are the biggest vacationers to WDW.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom