Which Water Park Should I Choose?

il grande chuck

I'll be taking my wife and my two sons (ages 8 and 10) to WDW in November. It'll be our first family trip there, and we'll be staying at WL.

We'll probably only have enough time to go to one of the WDW water parks - which one would you recommend and why?

Just out of curiousity, by buying the water park feature on our basic park passes, does that allow us to go to the water parks for as many days as we want, or just for one day?

Thanks!

Chuck

GenerationX

We went to both parks two weeks ago with our sons (7, 9, and 11). They prefer Blizzard Beach. While the waves in Meltaway Bay are nowhere near as big as the ones at Typhoon Lagoon, the Teamboat Springs family raft ride and the Ski Patrol Training Camp area tip the scales to Blizzard Beach.

My wife prefers Blizzard Beach because there are more shaded chairs there.

I love both. :D

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak1978

I believe that Blizzard Beach is actually closed this year from October 29th through January 7th.
My favourite though is Typhoon Lagoon!! You will have a great day here
Have a great trip:wave:

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I'm not sure which one will be closed, but only one will be open during that time frame. It may even vary from month to month/week to week, but I've never seen both open in the "winter."

Upvote 0

L Fisher

Typhoon Lagoon I think is the best for kids..If you get the water parks and more option you need to find out how many days you'll be able to use...When I made reservations for 2007 we're staying 10 nights and the rep told me it would be 6 days..Have fun!

Upvote 0

Lucky

And the water park days don't have to be used concurrently with the major park admissions, e.g. you can extend a 10-day base ticket to a 14-day vacation by going only to water parks on 4 of the days. Mousesavers.com has these examples:

the Water Park Fun & More admissions DO NOT have to be used on the same day as your main theme park admission! They are good for 14 days from the first use of your ticket. (However, it is possible to use up all of your admissions on the same day if you want.)
In other words, you could buy a 1-Day Base Ticket, add the Water Park Fun & More, and use that ticket on up to four different days! For example, you could:
  • Spend first day in a major theme park, second day at a water park, third day at DisneyQuest, third evening at Pleasure Island.​
  • Spend first day in a water park, second day in a major theme park, third day at a water park, fourth day at DisneyQuest.​
  • Spend first day in a major theme park, second, third and fourth days at water parks.​
  • Spend first day at DisneyQuest, second day in a major theme park, third day at a water park, third evening at DisneyQuest.​

Upvote 0

Pizza Guy

I also recommend Typhoon Lagoon, if you have to choose one. I like them both, but Typhoon Lagoon in my opinion is a little more unique with the wave pool and shark reef whereas Blizzard Beach is a little closer to a standard waterpark you can find anywhere (albiet a real fun one) The one counterpoint to this is that I am sure the older kids, especially boys, enjoy trying their luck on the huge skislope slide (the name escapes me as I post this), the likes of which Typhoon Lagoon does not have. It is quite a wild ride. In any case, both are enjoyable.

Upvote 0
Looks like you're going to Typhoon Lagoon, but try Blizzard Beach on your next trip. IMHO, TL is fun if you just want to relax, but BB offers many more waterslides, and more fun things for your boys to do.

The theming is pretty neat, and looking up and watching people come down SummitPlummet is something I could do all day. Of course, going down it is awesome too.

For the boys there's a Ski Patrol area with icebergs to "walk" on as you grab ahold of the netting above, they can race eachother down the water slides and their times will appear on a scoreboard/digital clock, the ski lift to take you to the top of the mountain...we love it. Enjoy your trip!:wave:

Upvote 0

Horizons1

It just depends on your type of thing.

If you like sunny beaches and swaying palms, with the surf and tropics (and beach boys music :D ) then TL is your type of place.

If you like the snow and the cold, mountains and lots of Christmas trees (and yodeling music :lol: ) then BB is your place.

I highly recommend both of them though.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom