Which water park is better Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon?

dbarnhart22

Original Poster
Going to one of the two tomorrow just wondering everybody's opinion on which is better? Which has more and better rides and which one is usually less crowded?

Cinderella1976

I prefer Blizzard Beach, I think it has better slides in my opinion. I also like the theming better ~ I wish I were there right now. Whatever one you choose you will have fun :wave:

jtwyatt

For thrill rides....BB is awsome...Nothing beats Summit Plummit...Also, the Family tube is a fun ride for every one..

If you are looking for an awsome wave pool...typhoon lagoon is the place to go.

You can not go wrong with either IMO.

courty

why doesnt anyone ever mention crush n gusher at typhoon....you cant miss this, its so fun! and personally i prefer typhoon now, however when i was little blizzard beach was deffinitly my favorite. I think it depends on what your looking for. Plus the reef at typhoon is pretty neat. I just like the landscaping and themeing better, plus there is more shaded areas...not to hot on the toes....regardless which one you choose youll have a blast!!!!!!!!!!

ps. im super jealous

LuisT

I prefer, blizzard beach, because to me it has better slides and its more for a thrill junkie. Also, the theming is pretty cool as well! Typhoon lagoon, does have crush n' gushin, but still does not cover up for summit plummit. =)

Enjoy!

SWatsi

Apples and Oranges.
Pool versus Rides. That is pretty much the difference. They are both great.
My family prefers Blizzard Beach because of the family raft, but I love Typhoon Lagoon because of the pool, the theming, and on my last trip I really enjoyed filming everyone there. Got some great shots of my sister and brother-in-law snorkelling, and my two sisters in the waves. I didn;t get as much of a chance at Blizzard Beach.

I would flip a coin to decide...

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Apples and Oranges.
Pool versus Rides. That is pretty much the difference. They are both great.
My family prefers Blizzard Beach because of the family raft, but I love Typhoon Lagoon because of the pool, the theming, and on my last trip I really enjoyed filming everyone there. Got some great shots of my sister and brother-in-law snorkelling, and my two sisters in the waves. I didn;t get as much of a chance at Blizzard Beach.

I would flip a coin to decide...

I agree...you can't go wrong with either. Theming on each is great, each have some unique offerings. We usually alternate.

t3techcom18

Being a CM AND a guest to both, I would say if you're going solo, TL is the way to go. BB is much more for a group of at least 2 to go. That, and BB has a somewhat rushed mood, and TL feels much more relaxed. That, and BB can sorta go old fast on you once you've been on a good chunk of stuff, it almost seems as if that was fine, even if you went on some of the slides a couple of times in a row.

I say TL cause the theming is awesome, the wavepool beats BB's by a longshot, and the stuff there is just plain awesome. That, and by experience both on AND off, the CM's at TL are much better than at BB, hehe. Basically, BB has more thrills while TL is softer in most ways than none.

unclemike

I like them both as well. It depends on your mood for the day. I usually have to do both on vacation. Sometimes I like one more then the other. No Idea why :shrug:

PoohNTink02

Different

It's a toss.. In my opinion, Typhoon Lagoon is the way to go if you plan to make a full day out of it because you have the wave pool, the slides, the shark reef snorkeling, etc. and that beach like atmosphere to hang out (although the water parks tend to be pretty crowded).. however Blizzard Beach has better water slides.. Just my opinion

I have only been to two water parks at Disney...River Country before its demise and Blizzard Beach; unfortunately, I haven't been to Typhoon Lagoon. I really enjoy Teamboat Springs, Tobagan Racers, and of course, the lazy river. I think the theming of the park is really cool.

Whimsy

If you love thrill rides - Blizzard Beach. I like Typhoon Lagoon a lot better though. Typhoon Lagoon has a more relaxed, paradise resort feel to it where as Blizzard Beach is more "action-packed". Blizzard Beach caters to more teenagers and young adults (from what I've seen) - BB has Summit Plummet, the ski lift, Slush Gusher, etc = big thrills. Typhoon Lagoon, I think has a better balance with tropical beaches, AMAZING wave pool, and lastly Crush 'n' Gusher aka the water roller coaster. Just my two cents!

SWatsi

That, and BB has a somewhat rushed mood, and TL feels much more relaxed.

I was planning on saying that last time too. Typhoon is really relaxing, even with the new water ride and waves. The music and setting is quite calming.

Blizzard Beach is more jarring because of the clash between the theming and the reality of where you are. That is also great, because it fits the theme, but it is odd to hear the winter themed music in the middle of summer..

Either way they both have interesting backstories :wave:

Whimsy

I don't like thrill rides - at all. Will I still have a good time at Blizzard Beach :confused:

Well, non-thrill attractions at Blizzard Beach are: the lazy river, the ski lift (if you aren't scared of heights), the choppy wave pool, and some of the various slides. I'd still recommend Typhoon Lagoon, but you can still have a good time at Blizzard Beach too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom