Which value resort?

acishere

I'll be honest up front: I find the theming of all of the Values to be hideous. The only one I don't think is totally overkill is the surf section at Sports. The waterfront at PoP and AoA is very nice, but the building decorations at PoP are just too gaudy for my taste to say anything nice about them. I like some of AoA, but not a big fan of the look of the Mermaid rooms, which is where the value rooms are actually located.

The rooms are small, but clean and have what you need. They look nice for what they.

I would suggest PoP mainly because it does not share a bus line with any other resort and it is nice to walk along the water there. You also have access to the AoA food court as well your own.

weatherdude

I'll be honest up front: I find the theming of all of the Values to be hideous. The only one I don't think is totally overkill is the surf section at Sports. The waterfront at PoP and AoA is very nice, but the building decorations at PoP are just too gaudy for my taste to say anything nice about them. I like some of AoA, but not a big fan of the look of the Mermaid rooms, which is where the value rooms are actually located.

The rooms are small, but clean and have what you need. They look nice for what they.

I would suggest PoP mainly because it does not share a bus line with any other resort and it is nice to walk along the water there. You also have access to the AoA food court as well your own.

I thought AoA have their own busses as well?

Plowboy

I'm kind of surprised AoA and Pop don't share buses, considering a: their proximity, b: all the All-Stars share and c: the section of AoA was originally designed to be a part of Pop.
Don't suggest it too loudly Slappy or TDO just may do it. If I arrive in Oct. and find I have to share busses with AoA I'll know who to blame (lol).

cbettua

They do. I just don't think they are looking for a suite and I said that I find the mermaid rooms very tacky looking. That is why I didn't recommend AoA.
I think everyone has their own opinion on what they feel is tacky. AOA is very themed out and for children its really neat. It just depends on what you would like and who you are traveling with.

Here are some photos of my kids enjoying AOA:
IMG_2171 by cbettua, on Flickr
IMG_2175 by cbettua, on Flickr
IMG_2179 by cbettua, on Flickr
IMG_2180 by cbettua, on Flickr
IMG_2224 by cbettua, on Flickr
IMG_2380 by cbettua, on Flickr

I have been to the All Star Sports once and to Pop Century 9 times. Pop has a more family friendly feet that the All Star Resorts. We usually get a dining plan and so we don't often eat at the Food Court as it can be very crowded and not the most comfortable place for a meal. I haven't been to the Art of Animation so I can't comment on that resort but we will look at the grounds in August when my son and I will again be at the Pop Century for 12 nights.

Spencer1213

I have stayed at pop 3 times now and it has always been clean in the rooms and the inside of the rooms are hardly themed at all. The outside is a bit tacky but you hardly ever see it. The only complaint is the resort is huge and sometimes at peek hours you have to wait on a second and even 3rd bus.

bee

I've stayed at AS and POP and would definitely choose POP. For the dates of my last trip POP was about $10/night more than the AS and AoA was maybe $40/night more than POP. We went with the middle price and had a great time!

brokedad

OK - last month I posted about staying in Swan/Dolphin or Port Orleans. Now I am back for another round. The budget has changed and we are considering staying at a Value. No disrespect to those who stay at the Values but I am not sure about this as it has been years since we stayed at POP and that was only three months after it opened so everything was shiny and new - we were not terribly impressed. I just get the impression that the Values are just not given the attention that the Deluxe properties are - please correct me if I'm wrong. Any thoughts as to which Value is in the best condition? I know AoA is probably still looking new but I think the room theming might be a little too much for us. Just 2 adults and dogs (staying at Best Friends on property) - already have the dogs booked but we don't have palace to stay yet!
I just booked a week for a 2 bedroom suite for July 18 at the wyndham bonnet creek for 800. It's on disney property behind cbr. There are discussions on this forum under off site hotels, it's not off site. Got mine on ebay, it's renting g a timeshare and it's a beautiful place, can view the resort on youtube, we have stayed there before and for around 100 bucks a night you can't go wrong

disney4life2008

I myself am going between Sports or POP its literally a $6 difference per night. I much prefer Sports though I have never had any problems there. My concern with POP is the updated menu the food is digusting it looks like philly wraps are gone as well as all the other food I would eat and replaced with upscale oferrings that I do not want.

smk

I like Sports as well. Having stayed at POP and Music, neither of which I considered anything special, I will go back to Sports any time. We have so many sweet memories there, and that my friends, is what makes any place special in my book. Not the theme, not the food, not the cost, not the buses BUT the people you share the experience with.

walter1901

IMHO, POP would be your best choice. POP has nice rooms with two double beds and has one of the most popular food courts on property. Transportation is A+ because it doesn't share buses. Pop feels like home when I stay there. AOA is a second best choice. I would not choose the All Stars because of sharing buses which can make for a very long bus ride. Have fun on your trip!

Dog Ate Mouse

After our WDW vacation package at PORS is over, the DWF and I move and stay at the All Stars Movies. We get rooms in the 101 dalmation section that is close to the lobby. We stay at this resort for three extra nights because we go and meet up for dinner with my brother, go to the Gatorland zoo and Seaworld and so on. We could stay at hotels off Disney propperty but we still have the disney magic and can use the busses to DTD and so on. The rooms for the three times we have stayed there were clean and comfortable. The food court is good and serves some very decent meals. The pool is good for our use and we feel very relaxed after a day out coming back to stay. There is also a McDonalds near by that we use for breakfat on one of the three morning that we stay there. Now the only thing I dislike about the values far as All star Movies and Music is the lines for the busses. So we do take my ford Escape out to DTD quite a bit and not bother having to wait in long lines to get to and from the resort. Also the sun is beating down on you when waiting in line for a bus. So we use our car and get to our destination on our own and at our own pace.

seascape

I just booked a week for a 2 bedroom suite for July 18 at the wyndham bonnet creek for 800. It's on disney property behind cbr. There are discussions on this forum under off site hotels, it's not off site. Got mine on ebay, it's renting g a timeshare and it's a beautiful place, can view the resort on youtube, we have stayed there before and for around 100 bucks a night you can't go wrong
I agree that Bonnet Creek is nice but it is off site. It is on land that Walt couldn't buy. It does not include the Disney transportation system. That said I may stay there sometime if I ran out of DVC points and wanted to stay more time.

epcot2004

Original Poster
Results are in! We booked POP. I must admit that after reading posts about the Wyndham we are going to look at rates. We drove in to the parks for the first time in March and I was shocked at how easy it was to get in and out so we have no issue with not having busses.

@ Dog Ate Mouse - love the avatar.

Dog Ate Mouse

Hi epcot2004:

That is my Dog named Jelly Bean. She was a rescue dog that we adopted when she was 4 months old. She was part of a Border Collie & lab breeding kennel. Supposededly two breeds mated that were not suppose to and they placed the pups in a Kill shelter. This dog has all the Border Collie Energy and smarts and is one of the best Dogs I ever owned. What makes her the best is she is really a loving cudddly dog when she is not in play mode. Thank you for the comment. The DWF and I truly love this dog and she is truly spoiled.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom