Which two?

Grumpy-Fan

Original Poster
I`m planning for our trip next year and we want to attend two dinner shows. Which two would you choose?

Hoop-de-doo
Backyard BBQ
Spirit of Aloha

We are staying at Fort Wilderness and it will be 6 adults and one 8 year old.

Philo

I've not been to the Backyard BBQ but I have been to the others.

Spirit of Aloha was alright, but not really my thing. The food was good and it was an entertaining evening which I'm glad I went to (other than the horror of trying to get there in time thanks to Grad Night traffic!) but I won't be desperate to go again.

Hoop-de-doo however was fantastic. Loved every second of that show and whilst the food wasn't quite so good, it was still better than I expected for a dinner show.

So, Hoop-de-doo is a must for me.

Hope that helps

disneylemons

I have been to two of them..

Spirit of Aloha was OK...good to do at least once.. the kids got up and hula danced.. thought that was fun but was not impressed with the food.

Hoop De Doo - love.. its a hoot..yes corny but you can't help but laugh at a lot of it. We like the food at that one too.. I know some say its not that great but when we went it was good and we had picky eaters. Beer and wine included helps too!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Hoop Dee Doo for sure. Easily the best dinner show on property, and in fact, probably in the Orlando area. Great show (even with the recent revisions), always an energetic cast, and just a really good time. Plus who can argue with unlimited booze? I visit 5-6 times a year, and always see this show once. If you don't mind eating late, the 9:30 show can be a great bargain if you've got Tables in Wonderland.

Backyard BBQ is entertaining enough, but it's definitely geared towards yonger kids (not sure if you have kids in your group or not). I don't think a group of just adults would enjoy it (as they would the Hoop Dee Doo).

I'd stay away from the Spirit of Aloha show, which is interminably awful. The fire dancing is fun, but that occurs near the end, and the first 30 minutes of that show are unwatchable. The food is mediocre at best.

wolf359

Did the Luau and Hoop Dee Doo on out last trip and thought the food was superior at the Luau but the show at Hoop Dee Doo is a whole lot of fun.

Those are the two shows I'd choose since you'll be at Ft. Wilderness so it doesn't make a lot of sense to do two shows there and none at the Polynesian.

coachwnh

we have done each multiple times. the only thing i didnt like about the Aloha show was the time of year. we did it in august and the heat and humidity ruined my desire to eat and drink anything after a long day in the park. we did it again over thanksgiving last year and it was a much better experience. the hoop dee do is great! backyard BBQ is fun too, especially if you go on a holiday when there are extra characters there! we have been there on a regular night too. i guess i'm trying to say that you won't be disappointed with any of the three. its a preference as to what type of entertainment you want to see. if it were me, I'd do hoop dee do and backyard BBQ.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom