Which Table Sevice restaurants should be avoided?

geebee721

Just got back yesterday from my week long trip...ate at marrakesh and I will never go back! The food was cold..the lemon chicken was sooo dry, had to drink water in order to swallow it :cry: very dissapointed...

GaBookworm

In regards to San Angel Inn, I think they have to walk a fine line between being authentic or flavorful and being OK for all guests no matter from where they come.
Here there is a good Mexican restaurant almost on every corner. We haven't eaten at San Angel Inn because it appears to be a bland overpriced version of what's excellent here. Price wise for example at home we can get a 3 enchilada plate for $7.95 plus beverage.
That would be much higher at San Angel Inn.

That said we do want to try it. The nice setting by the river looks inviting.

Tks.
:)

worldfanatic

That said we do want to try it. The nice setting by the river looks inviting.

Tks.
:)

And that's what it's really about, isn't it?
Comparing Disney restaurants to places at home misses the point.
You're paying for the location and atmosphere at WDW. And often the food is pretty good as well.

Within 30 minutes of my house, we've literally got a hundred Mexican restaurants with better food and lower prices than San Angel.
But there's not one with that kind of atmosphere.
And not one I'd rather be in. Not even close.

mousefan76.8

I wanted to comment on San Angel Inn. Most posters have said it wasn't good. Starting about ten years ago we would go there for my father's b-day in July. They had excellent food. Fresh chips (just made) and wonderful salsa (mild and spicy). My cousin will often say the best meal she has every had was six years at San Angel Inn the Chilean Sea Bass. We had wonderful experiences until about 4 years ago. I believe I was told that there was a change in management. Now the chips and salsa taste like a bag of Tositos and canned salsa. It really saddens me because this use to be our favorite restaurant at Epcot. I would still eat there but probably for lunch.

I do like the following restaurants:

Les Chef de France
Teppan Edo
Boma-a family favorite and must do
Fulton's at DTD
Cap'n Jacks at DTD for lunch

I really have not had terrible experiences at any restaurant. Just my thoughts and opinions.:)

Mouse Man

The San Angel Inn is a wonderful resteraunt to sit down and eat. I have have gone there since 1998 and the Mrs. and I have never had a bad meal. Yes we did have one bad waiter, but this should not be counted against the resteraunt. The atmosphere is totaly relaxing and peacful. There are some really good tasty items on there menue if you take the time and explore. The wife and I truly have a hard time not going there to eat every year we go to WDW on vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom