Which STAR WARS Land will be more crowded at opening, DISNEYLAND or Disneyworld? VIP Ticketing???

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think this is going to put prior efforts to shame.

Prior efforts were one-day events or nothing. A three day event would be huge in comparison, but, in the long run, just be a blip on the calendar.

There is no history here to justify a probability of days-long or weeks-long upcharge for the new SWGE. Not saying it can't happen. But when people assume it will happen even though history in no way justifies that suspicion... it says more about the ones expecting it than it does about Disney.

AEfx

On a park level if TEA is to be believed DL outdraws DHS by 7 million. DHS is not going to make that up.

Ohhhh...I wouldn't be surprised if that gap narrows, considerably. And it's certainly going to knock some of the socks off of the previously Teflon-coated MK.

Star Wars Land has the ability to be the mother of all charged preview events. They could do them for several weeks at $250 or more per person, and people would snap them up fast enough to crash the website.

Weeks? If you mean just "previews", maybe - but they are going to be able to charge for access off-hours for years.

Joeamc

Original Poster
They did. They also offered a paid preview at $100 per ticket for Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! last May. And it sold out. Granted, it was only a one-night thing for a couple thousand people, and it included a great party out in front of the ride. But that was just for one ride that many Disney fans were furious at TDA for doing. But it still sold a few thousand tickets for a hundred bucks for people to say they rode it first.

Star Wars Land has the ability to be the mother of all charged preview events. They could do them for several weeks at $250 or more per person, and people would snap them up fast enough to crash the website. What will be interesting is if Disneyland opens six months before DHS, if there's a similar demand for the DHS version of charged preview tickets.
I totally agree. People will snap extra hours/preview tickets up at a furious pace for many weeks/months. It will be interesting to see how an earlier DL opening will affect SWGE in DHS, but i have a feeling with all of the European, South american and east coast guests, they won't have a problem in Florida with crazy demand

matt9112

I think Disneyland will have the most crowd issues. It's being added to a chronically overcrowded park already, plus they have that massive base of AP holders close by.

am I not massive enough to be a massive AP holder in Florida? haha i had too.

rsm

If each park is "identical" in size, then presumably the fire marshal's maximum occupancy for both lands would be identical. Since both parks will undoubtedly be filled to capacity at opening, with a line to even enter the land, it would seem that both parks will be literally identical in crowdedness... Unless a few square feet of difference changes the maximum occupancy by a few bodies, then that park officially loses and is less crowded - and prone to clickbait articles outlining how one of the SW lands was doomed from the design phase to be "less popular" than the other..

Last edited:

AEfx

If each park is "identical" in size, then presumably the fire marshal's maximum occupancy for both lands would be identical. Since both parks with undoubtedly be filled to capacity at opening, with a line to even enter the land, it would seem that both parks will be literally identical in crookedness... Unless a few square feet of difference changes the maximum occupancy by a few bodies, then that park officially loses and is less crowded - and prone to clickbait articles outlining how one of the SW lands was doomed from the design phase to be "less popular" than the other..

I do believe they are arranged slightly differently, but in any case - even if they were inch for inch identical, fire marshal max capacity is decided on a state and local level. Something tells me there actually would be a stark difference between the number CA and FL would assign the same exact property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom