Which STAR WARS Land will be more crowded at opening, DISNEYLAND or Disneyworld? VIP Ticketing???

John C. Shepherd

If Disneyland one opens first it will be packed first but the same will happen at world when it opens at a later date.

If they opened the same day, i think they both would have issues but California would see them first as in terms of hours after opening. I know there is a time difference.

Joeamc

Original Poster
Hello Everyone!
So what do you think? Which STAR WARS land will be more crowded, Disneyland or Disney World the opening year? Generally, from my experience Disneyland has lighter crowds due to the fact that it is more of a "locals" park. Do you think this will hold true or be the case when STAR WARS land opens in 2019? I am starting to think about planning a trip for 2019 and was wondering what every ones take is. In addition, how crazy do you think Disney world and/or Disneyland will be that summer? Looking forward to your comments...

What does everyone think after they are both opened for a month or so? Do you think one will be more crowded than the other?

rodserling27

"Disneyworld????"
4a3c3e9ddb89babe1ae32689dd958171.jpg

drizgirl

I think the wait to get into the land might only last a few months. Waits under an hour? Maybe never?

I don't follow all of this really closely, but I'm thinking I heard summer 2019 for DLR and late in the year for WDW.

Kamikaze

I do. I am planning on going to either Disneyworld or Disneyland in the summer of 2019 and I am trying to figure out which one will have had the crowds die down from the opening of star wars land

SW:GE will not be open at WDW during the summer of 2019. So that settles your problem.

The one at DLR will still be mobbed during the summer of 2019. And 2020. This is above the level of everything thats ever opened before at a Disney park.

Do we have a quess on the opening day for either Disneyland and/or Disney World??

If I had to put money on it:

DLR - April
WDW - October

Last edited:

Disney Dad 3000

A rainy Tuesday in February, 2025.

You joke, (maybe not joking) but it wouldn't shock me if this was the case. Unless there is considerable additions to the park that actually have a high capacity (which they look to be doing the opposite of that with what they have closed and are adding) I have to believe 1 hr plus waits will be the norm for quite some time.

TP2000

You joke, (maybe not joking) but it wouldn't shock me if this was the case. Unless there is considerable additions to the park that actually have a high capacity (which they look to be doing the opposite of that with what they have closed and are adding) I have to believe 1 hr plus waits will be the norm for quite some time.

I kind of wasn't joking. And I use DCA and Cars Land of the last five years as an example.

DCA and DHS have nearly identical annual attendance. DHS has five (5) rides and a handful of theater shows, plus a couple big entertainment spectaculars (Fantasmic!, Star Wars fireworks). DCA has twenty six (26) rides and a handful of theater shows, plus a couple big entertainment spectaculars (World of Color, Pixar Play Parade - soon to be Paint The Night).

Five years after Cars Land opened, Radiator Springs Racers consistently has a 75 to 90 minute Standby wait. The Fastpasses are gone within hours of park opening each day. On busy days the Racers wait time is 120+ minutes. In a park with five other popular E Tickets, and twenty other C and D Tickets. And two of those DCA E Tickets have had major refreshes in the last two years to help spread crowds; Soarin' Over The World and Guardians of the Galaxy. But Racers still has the longest waits five years after it opened.

I am sure that the DHS version of Star Wars, in a park with far less capacity than DCA, will have multi-hour Standby waits with a Millenium Falcon Fastpass being the hottest ticket in town for years and years after opening.

AEfx

Five years after Cars Land opened, Radiator Springs Racers consistently has a 75 to 90 minute Standby wait. The Fastpasses are gone within hours of park opening each day. On busy days the Racers wait time is 120+ minutes. In a park with five other popular E Tickets, and twenty other C and D Tickets. And two of those DCA E Tickets have had major refreshes in the last two years to help spread crowds; Soarin' Over The World and Guardians of the Galaxy. But Racers still has the longest waits five years after it opened.

I am sure that the DHS version of Star Wars, in a park with far less capacity than DCA, will have multi-hour Standby waits with a Millenium Falcon Fastpass being the hottest ticket in town for years and years after opening.

Yeah, no Disney park has ever experienced anything like this before. Even once they are open on both coasts. However, that first six months or whatever that it is at Disneyland before people have a choice is going to virtually shut down Anaheim. When you look at the congestion problems as it is, it's just impossible to imagine. I mean, look at how long those crazy lines lasted at Potter - and think about that increased by several factors.

At WDW, given the not-so-subtle hints of pay to play, I have a feeling that there are an awful lot of "night events" in the future of that park that are pretty much exclusively going to be SWL after dark. Like, nightly. I mean, given the capacity of the Studios, I will not be surprised whatsoever if we are sitting here with a "Closure Stage" watch thread for at least the first month or two monitoring like we do for only the busiest couple of days of the year.

Joeamc

Original Poster
Yeah, no Disney park has ever experienced anything like this before. Even once they are open on both coasts. However, that first six months or whatever that it is at Disneyland before people have a choice is going to virtually shut down Anaheim. When you look at the congestion problems as it is, it's just impossible to imagine. I mean, look at how long those crazy lines lasted at Potter - and think about that increased by several factors.

At WDW, given the not-so-subtle hints of pay to play, I have a feeling that there are an awful lot of "night events" in the future of that park that are pretty much exclusively going to be SWL after dark. Like, nightly. I mean, given the capacity of the Studios, I will not be surprised whatsoever if we are sitting here with a "Closure Stage" watch thread for at least the first month or two monitoring like we do for only the busiest couple of days of the year.
So you think they will have an "extra cost" to enter Star wars land in the beginning, or do you think they will limit the Annual pass holders for certain night time hours, or both. Im sure they will also raise ticket prices, at least for DHS

Joeamc

Original Poster
So you think they will have an "extra cost" to enter Star wars land in the beginning, or do you think they will limit the Annual pass holders for certain night time hours, or both. Im sure they will also raise ticket prices, at least for DHS
Meant to say limit to certain pass holders ( not limit "the" annual pass holders.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom