Which signature for a solo?

petey

Original Poster
Hello Dining Experts, I will be heading to the World in the middle of July and staying @ AKL for 9 days, eight nights. I have all my ADR's done except one. One night I will be dining solo and wanted to get your opinion of which Signature dining experience you would suggest, where I would be comfortable and not stand out. I already have booked Artist Point. I was thinking somewhere between MK and Epcot where if I wanted to return to a park I could be near hopping on the monorail. Any suggestions, at whatever location is most appreciated.

mickeysshoes

Well you a have a great option right at your resort in Jiko and then from there you could go where ever struck your fancy...and could change before heading out if you so wanted to. If you wanted to do something at a differnet location then closer to EPCOT I would go with Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club and closer to the MK I would go with Narccoossees! All 3 are great options and could not go wrong with any of then in our ADR book!!! Have a great solo trip...I am very jealous...I really would love a solo trip. :wave:

real mad hatter

my choice.

Staying at AKL Jikos is a must,but for a solo i would opt for CG at Contempory. Sushi for starters and seared Bison for mains.:wave:

GoochDSA

I think Jiko is your best choice. There is a small counter top you could request to sit at, the food is great, ther service is great, plus you can change and choose where you want to go after (as a PP mentioned). My other suggestion would be Flying Fish on the Boardwalk. Fantastic food, great service, you can sit at the bar which is accross from the kitchen, very friendly and is walking distance/boat ride to either the WS entrance of EC or DHS.

CG is another option where you could sit at a counter and enjoy your meal, but I personally don't care much for their food. It's not bad, just doesn't have much flavor either.

LuLaSue

I agree JIKO's!

But, if you want to be near a park I say the Contemporary, California Grill. Make your reservation so you can view the fireworks.

petey

Original Poster
Well all I think I have narrowed it down to Jiko or The Yachtsman. The plus for Jiko is it looks like they have a table top (bar type) area solo diners would feel comfortable at, and it is @ AKL where I am staying. I do already have two ADR's set for dinner at Boma. I was wondering if they have a bar style seating area (for solo diners) at The Yachtsman. I have been there once before, but did not notice if there was bar seating offered where you could eat dinner. The last place I just thought of was Le Cellier over @ Epcot, any thought about solo dining there. It looks like there are still some ADR spaces still left for these places. I want to make a choice soon, who knows how long spaces will remain. I am going in the middle of July-not far off really!! Thanks again for any thoughts!!!!!

Sweet Melissa

Jiko is my favorite signature restaurant, and I think it has two great options for solo diners if you want to avoid the traditional dining room. You can eat in the lounge or at The Cooking Place, which is their chef's counter. I think Flying Fish's chef's counter and Bluezoo's lounge are also great options if you'd prefer to be closer to Epcot.

Pioneer Hall

I suggest Flying Fish for a solo meal since you can eat at the counter and watch the cooking in action. If you feel like splurging I strongly suggest the chef wine tasting dinner that they have there. I did it solo last year and it was great.

mickeysshoes

Flying Fish has the chefs counter and a bar area! The bar is where we eat when we go. Yachtsname does not have bar or counter area. There is the crew club next door but not sure if you can get the full menu there..most likey not.

Sweet Melissa

Flying Fish has the chefs counter and a bar area! The bar is where we eat when we go. Yachtsname does not have bar or counter area. There is the crew club next door but not sure if you can get the full menu there..most likey not.
You used to be able to get the full Yachtsman's menu at the Crew's Cup Lounge, but they have a truncated pub menu now. I bet if it's slow, you ask nicely, and the cast members feel obliging, you could still order from the Yachtsman's menu.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom